• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

My bitch ass was too scared to ever try kickflips, meanwhile she's doing it off of 3 steps...in a fairy tutu.

And not giving a fuck what you or your momma think about it. Everyone cheering and she just like "I mean...this is just what I do. No big thing.
yeshrug.png
"

Today I was talking to a supervisor of a section next to mine and he was telling me that he was glad to see more black people getting in the internships and getting higher positions. He was telling me that there has been a lot of pushback because too many black people were taking these positions. His section is called the "Obama Section" because his has the most amount of black people in the whole squadron. He also was telling me that there were discrimination complaints due to hiring of too many black people.

"i don't see race"

akira28

"Becky, get HR on the phone ASAP. The melanin levels in here are too damn high."

A group I was with some years ago, mostly black, their work was on point. Best in the company. integral in attracting really good attention from Uncle Sam. It actually made corporate nervous. fuckery ensued, that's when I was introduced to the scene.

intro to corporate america and wet behind the ears like shit against corporate bullshit.

Jacir

All this talk of corporate shenanigans is just more evidence that more creation of our own businesses is necessary to directly and indirectly combat a whole slew of problems.

"Becky, get HR on the phone ASAP. The melanin levels in here are too damn high."

Man don't get me started on corporate BS, I have so many stories I almost started a blog about it.
MWS Natural, enjoyed the new Spawn on Me. Great guest. Great to hear your story too.
Thanks brother, I really enjoyed it. Khalief is great, I hope Spawn on Me really catches on as they are great....uh... I mean "dope."

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
So, I just discovered today that Ben Carson tried to kill someone when he was a kid, did not expect that from such a soft spoken and peaceful man.

Numb

I swear every single thing he tweets gets that lol.

He is the president. The internet don't care tho lol.
Only cats are safe from trolling. You could read the most horrible headline in the world and someone would say something real horrible or insensitive about it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Man people that hate and annoyed by Jaden SMith, Kanye, and The Kardishans sure love talking about them and know their every move.

I am not sure why. Some people have life-long crusades against celebs they never have met and don't know they even exist.

So, I just discovered today that Ben Carson tried to kill someone when he was a kid, did not expect that from such a soft spoken and peaceful man.

Yeah dude had(has?) an anger issue. We actually had to read his autobiography in middle school. I honestly regret reading that...

you're way too mentally strong for that shit man

im a calm dude, but man even id act up if i heard this shit

I almost snapped bruh but my job would of been on the line and being new and starting too much mess doesn't really look to good on me.

So I was in a class my job was offering about dealing with difficult people. The teacher gave us all 4 different colored cards with personality traits on them, the teacher told us to pick the one that seemed most like us. Basically:

Green - over analyze always questioning stuff
Blue - group oriented wants everyone to agree
Gold - Tradition by the book people
Orange - Agressive likes to argue competitive

I chose orange. So as class goes on we all are making jokes about each others personalities and such nothing too crazy or anything so we were going on as usual. Then the teacher puts up a picture of a kid flipping of the camera and she was asking what causes behavior like this. Of course the usual pc culture came up, different generations blah blah blah. Anyways we move on to the next subject and this white dude out of nowhere says "I don't like orange people because they get beat up by cops and costs me my tax dollars." Now he must of felt my stare cause he quickly pointed to an older black gentleman in the back and was like thats what he said. Of course this dude was like yeah they don't know how to shut up and then get mad when they get their asswhooped and it costs me my tax dollars. Now this shit threw me for a loop and I almost snapped. For the next 15 minutes I was staring at the ground shaking my head trying not to say some crazy shit. So the teacher says this bullshit "I'm glad that there are still some gold children that follow the rules and know how to behave." At that moment I almost fucking snapped so I asked her " When is it ok to question tradition? Because we have alot of traditions that don't make any sense. Going back to the Cop example when am I allowed to speak against the crap that they pull? If they pull me over for driving a nice car why should I be forced to just sit there and take it?" The teacher started blaming my generation and our problem with authority and then tried to fix it by saying that it wasn't always a bad thing. Then someone had the fucking nerve to ask why I was so angry. I had to fall back on that shit cause it wasn't going to go in a good way for me. But I and some other black folks were heated over the shit.

These mothafuckas are bold as hell.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Yeah dude had(has?) an anger issue. We actually had to read his autobiography in middle school. I honestly regret reading that...

It looks like that incident scared the crap out of him and help him find God, it appears he has really changed his temperament since then.

zeemumu

Man people that hate and annoyed by Jaden SMith, Kanye, and The Kardishans sure love talking about them and know their every move.

Well yeah. That's how they survive. By pissing people off. When you make your living off of infamy you need a steady stream of it to keep you alive. Some people are far better at this than others. Farrah Abraham and Tila Tequila are good examples of what happens when you don't maintain your infamy. Kim Kardashian is an example of what happens when you do. If you're good, you get to the point where people maintain it for you with minimal effort. The worse you are at it, the more stupid shit you have to do to keep it up.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
So, in my drunken state last Friday I asked some women if they thought I was handsome. (I was later told that this made them uncomfortable, but that's not the point. Anyway.) The reason I gave them was that I've been stopped in the street and called handsome, but mostly by black women. I guess it's grown into a nagging doubt somewhere in the back of my mind, and saying it out loud made it so I can't ignore the worry any more. I often wonder: Are they doing that just because I'm mixed and have light skin? The idea that something arbitrary like that may be why I get a lot of the attention I get bothers me.

While I do know that black women tend to be more forward in general, it still sticks in my mind. Thoughts, black GAF?

Numb

Well yeah. That's how they survive. By pissing people off. When you make your living off of infamy you need a steady stream of it to keep you alive. Some people are far better at this than others. Farrah Abraham and Tila Tequila are good examples of what happens when you don't maintain your infamy. Kim Kardashian is an example of what happens when you do. If you're good, you get to the point where people maintain it for you with minimal effort. The worse you are at it, the more stupid shit you have to do to keep it up.
I think i got the abilty to not give a shit at all with those kinds of celebs.
Giving attention to celebs you hate or annoy you seems like a complete waste of time.

So, in my drunken state last Friday I asked some women if they thought I was handsome. (I was later told that this made them uncomfortable, but that's not the point. Anyway.) The reason I gave them was that I've been stopped in the street and called handsome, but mostly by black women. I guess it's grown into a nagging doubt somewhere in the back of my mind, and saying it out loud made it so I can't ignore the worry any more. I often wonder: Are they doing that just because I'm mixed and have light skin? The idea that something arbitrary like that may be why I get a lot of the attention I get bothers me.

While I do know that black women tend to be more forward in general, it still sticks in my mind. Thoughts, black GAF?
Look at Mr.Handsome over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom