• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Cancer spread further up my father's lung and parts of his liver. Stage 4.

No one in my family knows but me.

Not even your mom/his wife knows? Either way, I wish you & your family the best of luck in these hard times :(

I'm out right now so I'm not watching anymore. Did they get to the racial issues? Was the reaction this?

Rand Paul said some scarily sensible things about how the War on Drugs hurts minorities disproportionately but the bulk of the discussion surrounding Black people was when a few of them said they would put Rosa Parks on the 10 dollar bill it it needed to be changed.
I'm being dead serious

Tech Brag Ahead

Just upgraded from my 2013 Moto X to a 2015 Moto X Pure. Everything about this is better for me. The customization was a lot more subtle that the images give off (which is what I was hoping for my combo) and I can enjoy my new phone smell having a new car smell with the leather back.

That is a LEAP in camera quality.

Do share more!

I have mine coming but wont be here until October. Went all out on this shit too... 64gb, Bamboo backing. Custom load screen.

Who's your service provider?

You know, I've been thinking about that boy who got arrested for clock "bomb" and the outpouring of support and counseling that he's received. And while it's made me happy to see that people are standing up for him, it burns me a little to know that there are many more like him that don't get such support and grow up into adulthood with those feelings still on them. I...I just kinda wish people had cared for me like that.

akira28

If he was black he would still be in the school basement on suspension tonight.
They would have gotten him for failing to ask permission to bring personal materials to school. A rule that probably isn't even on the books, but it sounds good.

You know, I've been thinking about that boy who got arrested for clock "bomb" and the outpouring of support and counseling that he's received. And while it's made me happy to see that people are standing up for him, it burns me a little to know that there are many more like him that don't get such support and grow up into adulthood with those feelings still on them. I...I just kinda wish people had cared for me like that.
It's basically the luckiest break one can ever have..all around fortunate for the kid. Sucks for everyone else, but we gotta be happy for a positive turn of events. Handcuffed to The Whitehouse is pretty amazing!
They would have gotten him for failing to ask permission to bring personal materials to school. A rule that probably isn't even on the books, but it sounds good.
Imma respectfully disagree with this one..

If it looked like a gun it would be an issue for a black kid. Otherwise it may not have been a problem.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Don't take that to heart fam, people on those dating apps are cunts.

Well look at his profile pic.
Dude is only after gym buds most likely.

Now that is just unnecessary to do to a person, like honestly why would you tell someone that? That guy is an asshole Neo.

you gonna let that chicken chest fuckboy ruin your mood? You better than this my dude.

Yeah I know just part of being me trying out these dating apps. Anyways I deleted the app I'm too fat to date

Jacir

Jubei, I highly recommend you to not include an ounce of negativity in your posts from now on OK. This latest snapchat conversation was better but then you had to include that you are too fat to date. This is a bad attitude. Even if you are above your weight class or whatever, that shouldn't be a deterrent in your dating life. Don't degrade yourself. If you still feel that way, maybe you should get on an exercise regimen for that confidence boost. It's never too late man.

Yeah I know just part of being me trying out these dating apps. Anyways I deleted the app I'm too fat to date
Neo. My man, you've lost th plot. Believe me when I say that I share your sentiments as a black man in the dating game, so I can't imagine how much worse it likely is as a gay black man. But the way you word things are so defeatist that it almost hurts. You need to recognize your own strengths and accept them. That doesn't mean you're going to get the guy(s) you want or that things will "get better", but you can at least feel good about yourself and see that there is nothing wrong with you. It's hard out there, for sure. And doubly so for us as blacks in all areas of life. But you should never let other peoples opinions about you, be what stops you from living a quality life of your own.

LionPride

Banned

Bruh, that ain't the mindset to have. You gotta get out of that, people can sense these things about people. Try out more dating sites and apps and disregard the assholes who insult you.

Do share more!

I have mine coming but wont be here until October. Went all out on this shit too... 64gb, Bamboo backing. Custom load screen.

Who's your service provider?

I have not-so-secret $30 Tmobile prepaid plan. For me, it was just a matter of popping the nano sim out of my old and into the new.
Mine has the leather back and gold accents, but the gold is so faint that I spent around 15 seconds under a lightbulb wondering if Motorola got my setup wrong.
I bought a 16gb model, but the phone also has an SD card slot in the same slot as the sim. I just took a 64gb card I bought for around $20 and popped that in too. When Android M comes around, the internal and external storage can be treated as indistinguishable.

I'm still getting used to how much of an improvement the screen is, although I do miss the pure black of an AMOLED screen.

It also comes with a bumper, though it aint pretty.

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm thinking about getting one of the new Moto Xs.

Here are three color options I'm leaning toward:
Onu101N.jpg
A0Yso9Z.jpg
LqHAwom.jpg
Though, to be entirely honest, I'm not really feeling the middle one.

Also, love this take on the entire 'Matt Damon telling a black female film producer that diversity in the director's and writer's room is not important when you have a black actor on screen (even if that actor is the only black person in the film and is playing a hooker that gets pimp slapped)':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U9L3YLVa6k

Numb

All you guys are rocking these beastly ohones and i still got my Samsung Galaxy S II from 2011. I can't use the app store anymore and the browser got weak as hell but i dropped the thing a billion times and only the back cover is cracked. Screen as good as day 1. Then i see peeps withbrand new iphones and S3-4-5-6s etc and break that shit in 2 days since its like glass instead of plastic like mine. I'll get one with a non-glass screen if i ever do upgrade and that only comes if i break something which never happened before.

I'm thinking about getting one of the new Moto Xs.

Here are three color options I'm leaning toward:

Though, to be entirely honest, I'm not really feeling the middle one.
]

I would go with the Red Moto.

I just bought an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 this week, Should be coming in tomorrow actually! Im excited because my phone has been in struggle mode since I lost my Galaxy S3... I got a Moto Luge afterwards but its just meh honestly....

All you guys are rocking these beastly ohones and i still got my Samsung Galaxy S II from 2011. I can't use the app store anymore and the browser got weak as hell but i dropped the thing a billion times and only the back cover is cracked. Screen as good as day 1. Then i see peeps withbrand new iphones and S3-4-5-6s etc and break that shit in 2 days since its like glass instead of plastic like mine.

An S2?? No.. you must upgrade... Its to the point where there are some prepaids better than your phone lol. Id at least go for the 2015 Moto G by default.

Gattsu25

Banned
I would go with the Red Moto.

I just bought an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 this week, Should be coming in tomorrow actually! Im excited because my phone has been in struggle mode since I lost my Galaxy S3... I got a Moto Luge afterwards but its just meh honestly....

I'm leaning toward that one as well.

Just checked out the Idol 3 and it looks pretty great. Congrats!

Numb

An S2?? No.. you must upgrade... Its to the point where there are some prepaids better than your phone lol. Id at least go for the 2015 Moto G by default.
Is it really that bad? Didn't realize. Use it for music and phone stuff and that was about it.

The new ep of southpark was so hilarious.
Political correctness taken to extremes southpark style or was it accurate i couldn't tell.

akira28

It's basically the luckiest break one can ever have..all around fortunate for the kid. Sucks for everyone else, but we gotta be happy for a positive turn of events. Handcuffed to The Whitehouse is pretty amazing!

Imma respectfully disagree with this one..

maybe it was just me who would just be punished for being a kid. constant E for conduct, which is worse than an F. What did I do? Not even my parents can recall, only that they were pissed enough to threaten to take me out of the school. I could easily see some kid getting sent to the principals office and then getting sent to an empty classroom, without lunch, while the rest of the class goes to the Discovery Center, for disrupting class, bringing something from home on a day that wasn't a show-n-tell day. (something similar happened to me)

(remember show-n-tell? that was the best for some reason.)

maybe it was just me who would just be punished for being a kid. constant E for conduct, which is worse than an F. What did I do? Not even my parents can recall, only that they were pissed enough to threaten to take me out of the school. I could easily see some kid getting sent to the principals office and then getting sent to an empty classroom, without lunch, while the rest of the class goes to the Discovery Center, for disrupting class, bringing something from home on a day that wasn't a show-n-tell day.

(remember show-n-tell? that was the best for some reason.)
I was in "Gifted" classes for as long as I could remember. They would actually yank kids like myself out of class, so we could do extra shit/more advanced work. Also, plenty of free time for ourselves. I was with other kids (mainly white), and there were other children of color with me, being encouraged just the same. This was in Florida, btw..the other Texas 😜

Obviously how it went for me and those other kids isn't some default. I'm just saying Ahmed being black could have easily garnered the same results..but I understand where you're coming from.

Show and tell was the shit..I used to do most of the artwork for the school. ALF happened to be my favorite thing to pen and ink lol..

zeemumu

Last day of my part-time job was on Sunday. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with all of that spare time. I figured I'd get myself back into shape. Being on my feet all day kept me semi-in shape but I didn't go to the gym because I'd always be tired between school and work, and I only had an hour for lunch so I'd always try to get something quick to eat, which usually meant junk food.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last day of my part-time job was on Sunday. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with all of that spare time. I figured I'd get myself back into shape. Being on my feet all day kept me semi-in shape but I didn't go to the gym because I'd always be tired between school and work, and I only had an hour for lunch so I'd always try to get something quick to eat, which usually meant junk food.

Can't outwork a shit diet. If you want to lose weight. If you want to gain weight, eat big and lift big

Numb

Start a marathon.
Anime marathons are good. There must be alot you missed and can watch now with the free time.
Or join a gym + avoid junk food.

zeemumu

Can't outwork a shit diet. If you want to lose weight. If you want to gain weight, eat big and lift big

Oh I know. The hardest part is changing the eating habits. Mostly because healthy food is expensive/takes too long to make.

Start a marathon.
Anime marathons are good. There must be alot you missed and can watch now with the free time.
Or join a gym + avoid junk food.

I'm catching up on The Walking Dead right now. I fell off several episodes before the season finale and haven't even touched the spinoff series yet. I did end up catching up in Steven Universe. There are a lot of episodes but they're all 11 minutes so it's not that big a deal. I'm also supposed to be seeing The Visit later today with friends.

By the way, is your avatar Rage?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I just finished watching Giant Bomb's playthrough of Until Dawn.

It's like somebody looked at all of David Cage's games and went, "Hey what if we did that, but WEREN'T completely incompetent about it?"

It's like somebody looked at all of David Cage's games and went, "Hey what if we did that, but WEREN'T completely incompetent about it?"
So it's good? Maybe I'll grab it for Halloween and let the girls play 😁

Numb

I'm catching up on The Walking Dead right now. I fell off several episodes before the season finale and haven't even touched the spinoff series yet. I did end up catching up in Steven Universe. There are a lot of episodes but they're all 11 minutes so it's not that big a deal. I'm also supposed to be seeing The Visit later today with friends.

By the way, is your avatar Rage?

Usually wait for stuff to finish so i can marathon them. SU was the same.
Yes my avatar is indeed Rage. He beat aryan Baz at the end of summerslam and is now the king. The storm has passed and the Rage of Africa continues it's unstoppable destruction.

It is a like an aware David Cage made it.
Also teen slasher B movie trope is not easy to turn to shit if they know what they are doing.

zeemumu

Usually wait for stuff to finish so i can marathon them. SU was the same.
Yes my avatar is indeed Rage. He beat aryan Baz at the end of summerslam and is now the king. The storm has passed and the Rage of Africa continues it's unstoppable destruction.
It is a like an aware David Cage made it.
Also teen slasher B movie trope is not easy to turn to shit if they know what they are doing.

But then Hotdog Man took the prize.

Until Dawn starts out as a B teen slasher. Then things get weird. It's a really good game with a lot of variation and replay value. My only problem is that the game is so damn long that getting everything would take an eternity. It's not the sort of game that I'd beat once and go "I want to go again" a day later. I already did my first playthrough (2 deaths not counting the unavoidable prologue ones) and I think I'm good for a while. I even managed to keep the only black guy alive.

Numb

But then Hotdog Man took the prize.

Until Dawn starts out as a B teen slasher. Then things get weird. It's a really good game with a lot of variation and replay value. My only problem is that the game is so damn long that getting everything would take an eternity. It's not the sort of game that I'd beat once and go "I want to go again" a day later. I already did my first playthrough (2 deaths not counting the unavoidable prologue ones) and I think I'm good for a while. I even managed to keep the only black guy alive.
Hotdogman has his stats full tho.
Yeah Until Dawn looks fun from what i have seen. Is deeper than it lets on at first.Its just not my type of game.

Jacir

Shy

All you guys are rocking these beastly ohones and i still got my Samsung Galaxy S II from 2011. I can't use the app store anymore and the browser got weak as hell but i dropped the thing a billion times and only the back cover is cracked. Screen as good as day 1. Then i see peeps withbrand new iphones and S3-4-5-6s etc and break that shit in 2 days since its like glass instead of plastic like mine. I'll get one with a non-glass screen if i ever do upgrade and that only comes if i break something which never happened before.
If it makes you feel any better fam, i don't even have a mobs.

jmood88

I'm not going to play it but watching the Giant Bomb guys go through it is great.

andthebeatgoeson

Oh I know. The hardest part is changing the eating habits. Mostly because healthy food is expensive/takes too long to make.
Worst part for me is figuring out when I'm full with healthier food. I know when I'm done with chick fil a. I have terrible portion control.

And y'all need to lank the Gordon fuckery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom