• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
So, in my drunken state last Friday I asked some women if they thought I was handsome. (I was later told that this made them uncomfortable, but that's not the point. Anyway.) The reason I gave them was that I've been stopped in the street and called handsome, but mostly by black women. I guess it's grown into a nagging doubt somewhere in the back of my mind, and saying it out loud made it so I can't ignore the worry any more. I often wonder: Are they doing that just because I'm mixed and have light skin? The idea that something arbitrary like that may be why I get a lot of the attention I get bothers me.

While I do know that black women tend to be more forward in general, it still sticks in my mind. Thoughts, black GAF?

Alright there Captain Humblebrag. Serious question - are you a light skinned brother who loves Jesus? Because that may play into it.

What up family? How you cats been?
*pulls up a chair* Is it story time?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Alright there Captain Humblebrag. Serious question - are you a light skinned brother who loves Jesus? Because that may play into it.

To be clear I think I'm average looking.
No Jesus, random women on the street. Occasionally somebody in a bar.
Oh, and one swinger chick on a dating site, but I'm not sure that counts.

Numb

To be clear I think I'm average looking.
No Jesus, random women on the street. Occasionally somebody in a bar.
Oh, and one swinger chick on a dating site, but I'm not sure that counts.

Must have a special face or clean and friendly.
Pics so we can judge.

D i Z

They trotted out MLK again during the Rep Presidential debates. This time in regards to court appointed officials ignoring the law and being jailed while hiding behind their religious beliefs.
Martin writing that letter from behind bars is the best thing to happen to Reps in 2015. They ain't ever going to stop twisting that shit for their own gains.

Shy

What up family? How you cats been?
Not much. you. ?
happy birthday, mine was 2 days ago. i guess we are both Virgos.
Happy birthday Jubei. I hope You also have a great day today.
0AEdR8q.gif

Trey

Fuckery incoming, y'all. What's the over/under on how many "this nigga here..." phrases Carson gonna have tonight?

Cancer spread further up my father's lung and parts of his liver. Stage 4.

No one in my family knows but me.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

akira28

I'm sorry to hear that. And I can understand why he would want to keep it close for now...it's a burden on you though. Just..be a man in his corner. He trusted you with this, that means something too. He's going to need support, especially when other family gets involved. I watched my uncles and father close ranks around my grandfather when he was going from prostate cancer. I think my one uncle knew before everyone else too.

we tweetin'

wheelin and dealin'

stylin' and profilin'

just basking in the glow of Mr. Beautiful over there. Got the Natural hair hook up today. I don't know how much this bag of candy is but I paid a dollar for it.

Not much. you. ?

0AEdR8q.gif

Soon family..... very soon. We might have another story time.

Numb

MIT wants him to come visit. He's about to do an award tour.

Numb, said guys dad was from Sudan.
So close.
I was thinking Ethiopia or Eritrea.
Man being a brown skinned kid in school during the years after 9/11 was horrible. I got called names before and I'm not even Arabic or Muslim.
Can't even imagine what the regular guys who were both and lived there before all of that went through.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Happy bday Sou and neo.

I'll toast this sake I'll be drinking in a bit for you.
Thanks I like sake and the new San Francisco font on ios9

Not much. you. ?

0AEdR8q.gif

Thanks

You look like a no-nonsense professor/smart dude. Got his shit together and knows whats up.

Only fair i put mine up too.

Yes, there is a face behind those posts.
old pick but not selfie taking-type

You look very cute

Happy Birthday, bud.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that man. I'll pray for your dad

Tech Brag Ahead

Just upgraded from my 2013 Moto X to a 2015 Moto X Pure. Everything about this is better for me. The customization was a lot more subtle that the images give off (which is what I was hoping for my combo) and I can enjoy my new phone smell having a new car smell with the leather back.

That is a LEAP in camera quality.

Ive been practicing my writing on Tumblr of all things. I have put up a few between verses. For example ive written Verse 6. Its pretty straight forward. I am gonna have to post so you cats can read it.

And for those interested.

tranquilidiocy.tumblr.com

Kaep, keep your head up family. We are all here for you if you have the need to speak on things.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ahmed is on msnbc right now.

He's been called terrorist and bomb maker since middle school.

It's crazy the cops took him out of school in handcuffs when they should have called his parents and settled this at the school level. If the principal was so concerned it was a bomb he would have evacuated the school.

Tech Brag Ahead

Just upgraded from my 2013 Moto X to a 2015 Moto X Pure. Everything about this is better for me. The customization was a lot more subtle that the images give off (which is what I was hoping for my combo) and I can enjoy my new phone smell having a new car smell with the leather back.

That is a LEAP in camera quality.

Nice. Time to use that lotion now

zeemumu

So if I'm understanding this, Carson wants to build two walls and have everyone else be farmers because no one wants to be farmers?

I tend to think people just shit on sports because they were forced upon them as kids, or they were bullied by stereotypical jock assholes

Honestly a lot of the behavior I've seen online in general can be attributed to that. That's sorta why everyone is anti-pop culture in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom