• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

Not my birth name but the one i am known for by everyone and identify as is german based(Kaiser AKA Caesar ) written differently. Was told it means something completely different by people which was ofcourse wrong. It was either that which no one else has or an arab based name(actually my birth name). It's generic and know atleast 6 other guys who currently also have it. Never met any other person with the one i identify as tho. Especially who writes it in the same way.

How does it feel to be descended from the great line of Caesar?(Wasnt Julius Caesar from Germania?) Do you possess any sympathies or allegiance to the Empire? (Actually, looking at the map, the empire didn't reach into that region). This is me writing out of my ass.

For real tho, my name is rare and I find it only to be a last name by a popular palestinian like Emily Jacir. Obviously she isnt the only other person. If its a first name, it is either Jacira or Jacara or whatever close to those.

Numb

How does it feel to be descended from the great line of Caesar?(Wasnt Julius Caesar from Germania?) Do you possess any sympathies or allegiance to the Empire? (Actually, looking at the map, the empire didn't reach into that region). This is me writing out of my ass.

For real tho, my name is rare and I find it only to be a last name by a popular palestinian like Emily Jacir. Obviously she isnt the only other person. If its a first name, it is either Jacira or Jacara or whatever close to those.

Dude is italian right? fuck him. They are one of the peeps that colonized my homeland. Atleast they considered us racially superior Africans when they were putting down their boots compared to the rest but fuck them still.

Your name is indeed unique. Other that Yasir-Arafat i never seen it before. The one closer to it i see the most is Yasin/Jasin

Numb

Oh snap her mama did not just say "back in my day we had tinder, you don't know nothing about that"
Done.
Says that then brings out the vinyls. Ain't she too young for that?
Main dude looks like the main dude from limitless combined with CliffyB. Also weak-looking and very awkward.
And then surprise showing from Mr.YoMamma. More known as Fez from that 70s show.
Not bad. Precog can be cool if used smartly.

Numb

*shrug* Swahili would be kinda cool. The two languages in there were French and Japanese.

Although nerdy i never even considered learning japanese or another language.Maybe if it used normal alphabet i would have slight interest. French is a good choice.
Swahili is indeed cool. Was the last time i had any fun learning a language. Swedish is boring as fuck and too english sounding.

RedSwirl

Okay so I did the hat thing with the hobbies. The two that I chose were work on Unity and learn French.

For a while now I've had all my old German books and notes sitting on a shelf in the hopes that someday I could use my unemployment time to brush back up on it. Maybe start posting on DeutschGAF again to get some conversation flowing. Even got my dad's old cassettes from when he was stationed there in 1980.

One new thing that might help: With iOS9, now whenever you highlight a word and tap "Define" it'll give you the definition not only in English (or the primary language of the phone), but also apparently whatever your secondary language is. Now I'm getting results the Oxford English and translations from the Oxford German dictionary.

But nah I'll probably just end up playing Metal Gear all day. God damn these games are getting too long, and I've got too many of them in my Steam library.

zeemumu

For a while now I've had all my old German books and notes sitting on a shelf in the hopes that someday I could use my unemployment time to brush back up on it. Maybe start posting on DeutschGAF again to get some conversation flowing. Even got my dad's old cassettes from when he was stationed there in 1980.

One new thing that might help: With iOS9, now whenever you highlight a word and tap "Define" it'll give you the definition not only in English (or the primary language of the phone), but also apparently whatever your secondary language is. Now I'm getting results the Oxford English and translations from the Oxford German dictionary.

But nah I'll probably just end up playing Metal Gear all day. God damn these games are getting too long, and I've got too many of them in my Steam library.

I've only finished 1, 4, and Revengeance. I want to do 2 and 3 before I even think about starting 5

Numb

Not what I expected for a reaction vid to Karin's SFV reveal trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjvKpURrX4E

I'm more used to stuff like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybe8SqC1JtU
I insta-cringe whenever i see Low ti3rgod. Dude ruined himself so hard and now this too?.....
74c6d56995ba5337ee98608c7d9cf9f1.400x300x26.gif

he needs to chill

Although nerdy i never even considered learning japanese or another language.Maybe if it used normal alphabet i would have slight interest. French is a good choice.
Swahili is indeed cool. Was the last time i had any fun learning a language. Swedish is boring as fuck and too english sounding.

Friend of mine learnt Japanese through online courses, now he doesn't have to wait for subs for his animes! ;)

(Only spoken, not written so no japanese manga for him)

Kreed

a panel full of high y... nah imma chill. They out of touch.
I wonder what ja rule thinks of all of this ?

Cipha Sounds is Puerto Rican (used to be on Hot 97 with Rosenberg before Ebro took over) and Game is a different shade.

You're right that Larry and his panel came off as out of touch though. And it's annoying when TV personalities comment on things without full context. It wasn't "just" the cornrows with Kylie, it was the fact that she combined the photo with the Black Twitter summoning spell "I woke up like dis". If she had just posted a picture of her hair with cornrows and not tried to put "extra black" on it, none of the backlash would have happened.

RedSwirl

How the story tho?

Any interesting connections/setups to the other games? Simple yes/no would do.

I honestly don't feel like I'm that far into the story despite being almost 50 hours deep. Right now it's just Peace Walker 2 and hasn't really connected to the numbered games yet, but probably will later on.

Numb

I remember when that happened and people were like "It makes the FGC look bad." while I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing. Prudes lol.
To outsiders it did look bad but the FGC is different than most other communities and this sort of stuff is hype and welcome. I enjoyed it alot too. As long as it doesn't turn into chinese KOF knife stabs or dudes playing the game so much that they neglect themselves and get hurt or worse try to sell their babies for more game time we cool.

Friend of mine learnt Japanese through online courses, now he doesn't have to wait for subs for his animes! ;)

(Only spoken, not written so no japanese manga for him)
Would care more of the written form since i rarely ever watch anime if i can help and always go for the manga. Plus the raws of the manga are usually way ahead and mostly the reason i like them over anime is because of that they are way more updated. Another thing being when the translators drop them or lose interest and you get left with nothing when there are dozens of raws out there.

Florida gets sawed off alot. Isn't that supposed to be America's penis tho?
Speaking of dead,
Had to double check this was a wax statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom