• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

The salt is flowing already

"But he never written a comic before"

7nQq5W3.png

bububut namor wasn't in control when he destroyed wakanda, I mean him and everyone else using the phoenix force exhibited a level of lucid fulfillment as its powers allowed them to take action but that one particular instance was just a fluke, and I mean BP is only written well when he's written as being terrible, trust me I know, I listen to comic debates on GAF all the time

andthebeatgoeson

Just found out I'm prediabetic. I'm, like in shock. I've been saying I wouldn't wish diabetes on my enemy for about 15 years.

I was cool with getting old and some aches in the knees but this is bullshit. I'm 6'3, 234 as of today. I mean, I know this can be corrected but fuck this. I have 15 weeks to the new year and I want to drop, at least 20 lbs. Fuck me.

Anybody with experience or advice? I don't drink soda much but I have to get rid of the couple of glasses per day. Water only. Cut half my meals in half. Lots of fruit and vegetables.

I need help with snacks. I get hangry like crazy. So I need healthy snacks to get me past long work hours. I have a bunch of Oreo snack packs at work but I'm about to launch those into the sun. Tell the wife I need to eliminate all Ice cream for 6 months.

Shy

How the story tho?

Any interesting connections/setups to the other games? Simple yes/no would do.
No. i don't think so.
Just found out I'm prediabetic. I'm, like in shock. I've been saying I wouldn't wish diabetes on my enemy for about 15 years.

I was cool with getting old and some aches in the knees but this is bullshit. I'm 6'3, 234 as of today. I mean, I know this can be corrected but fuck this. I have 15 weeks to the new year and I want to drop, at least 20 lbs. Fuck me.
Damm. man, i so sorry to hear that. my mum is a diabetic.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Ease up man, it's not a death sentence. You've received a gift - an early warning. Make use of it. You can do this.

andthebeatgoeson

Ease up man, it's not a death sentence. You've received a gift - an early warning. Make use of it. You can do this.
I'm tripping because I've been trying to lose weight for 2+years and I'm going in the wrong direction. I've had a few times when I wanted to drop weight and its hard to break the cycle.

And I wanted to vent. But fuck diabetes.

Numb

Oh we got the same goal brother.
6 and 176 but want to lose 20 before the new year. Used to be much heavier too.
Going back to the gym next week and cutting down on all that junk food is a nice start. What do you intend to do yourself?

Anybody with experience or advice? I don't drink soda much but I have to get rid of the couple of glasses per day. Water only. Cut half my meals in half. Lots of fruit and vegetables.

I need help with snacks. I get hangry like crazy. So I need healthy snacks to get me past long work hours. I have a bunch of Oreo snack packs at work but I'm about to launch those into the sun. Tell the wife I need to eliminate all Ice cream for 6 months.
https://www.myfitnesspal.com

It's all about changing what you eat..starting with eating at home and not doing the fast good thing. Or at least nowhere near as frequent. You and I are practically in the same boat..I'm an inch taller and five pounds lighter, but this shit has to go.

If you need a diet buddy, let me know. Using that program, I lost 90 lbs in a little under a year.

Slayven

Good writer. Strong voice. Seems like an all around good dude.
No Hudlin

Somewhere Parallax just cried a little bit

You are a black man in America, you are a pre a lot things. Just do what you got to do and listen to the doctor.

Hey do y'all have any recommendations for headphones? I've been using buds and that shit is getting on my nerves. Any good quality headphones I can get less than $50 now I don't need some top of the line type shit but some shit with some decent sound. Just using it for work.

andthebeatgoeson

https://www.myfitnesspal.com

It's all about changing what you eat..starting with eating at home and not doing the fast good thing. Or at least nowhere near as frequent. You and I are practically in the same boat..I'm an inch taller and five pounds lighter, but this shit has to go.

If you need a diet buddy, let me know. Using that program, I lost 90 lbs in a little under a year.
Definitely. I use that but can't stick with it daily for more than 2 weeks. I'm hoping this is enough of a 'scare' to push me into the right habits. I've done it before. Around the wedding. Was about 205. But stress makes it easy for bad habits.

No Hudlin

Somewhere Parallax just cried a little bit
You are a black man in America, you are a pre a lot things. Just do what you got to do and listen to the doctor.
That's the rub. I've been asking this question for about 3 years from my doctor. Unfortunately, there is no easy way except hard work. The last answer I got last week was 'nutrisystem?'

Let me just say, I appreciate y'all. Usually I feel like I need to be completely private online. But y'all good peoples and I don't feel like I need to hold back personal details. And I'm really interested in seeing who had tackled things like this. I'm looking for any big and small tips.

I had 3 pieces of country fried steak and got the news afterwards. But I'm not hungry at all and probably could have gotten away with one piece. But I don't learn, with food and if it's good, I'll probably get another. Smdh.

RedSwirl

Where does everybody get ringtones by the way? I used to make my own but I'm not really sure what the best way to do it is.

Definitely. I use that but can't stick with it daily for more than 2 weeks. I'm hoping this is enough of a 'scare' to push me into the right habits. I've done it before. Around the wedding. Was about 205. But stress makes it easy for bad habits.
I hear you on the stress..I'm definitely with you there. I try to make MFP into a game. As a gamer, it kinda helps lol. Believe it or not, I count and measure everything..even alcohol. My main thing usually is to ride as much bike as possible which nets me calories.

My daily allotment is something like 2800. Some days I ride so much I'm at 5400 after already eating breakfast..leaves me room to eat and drink virtually anything, with plenty to spare.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Hey do y'all have any recommendations for headphones? I've been using buds and that shit is getting on my nerves. Any good quality headphones I can get less than $50 now I don't need some top of the line type shit but some shit with some decent sound. Just using it for work.

My recommendation would be the Sony MDR-J10 h.ear Headphones. Although a bit ugly they're built like tanks. They are getting harder to find so if you can't get them for under $30 try something else.

I'm looking for any big and small tips.

Water, water, and more water. Get a reusable sports bottle and keep it constantly filled. Use a Pur/Britta/whatever brand faucet water filter or fridge door water joints if you have one of those for quick refills at home and hit up fountains, water coolers, even Starbucks can hook it up with water for refills on the go. Always drinking water should help with portion control too.

Unsalted or lightly salted nuts (cashews were my go to) and beef jerky for snacks. Can get pricey if you slip on the "snack" part and eat too much at once (not to mention the sodium intake on a jerky binge) but as far as slips go, it's better than a entire pizza or a pie or something.

Outside of that you just have to try to find good tasting healthy foods, which varies for everybody.

Water, water, and more water. Get a reusable sports bottle and keep it constantly filled. Use a Pur/Britta/whatever brand faucet water filter or fridge door water joints if you have one of those for quick refills at home and hit up fountains, water coolers, even Starbucks can hook it up with water for refills on the go. Always drinking water should help with portion control too.

Unsalted or lightly salted nuts (cashews were my go to) and beef jerky for snacks. Can get pricey if you slip on the "snack" part and eat too much at once (not to mention the sodium intake on a jerky binge) but as far as slips go, it's better than a entire pizza or a pie or something.

Outside of that you just have to try to find good tasting healthy foods, which varies for everybody.
Absolutely to both of these. I have both the Brita filtered sports bottles and a water cooler..drink like a fish. Helps suppress hunger. With the nuts you have to be careful because they're very caloric if you slip up.

andthebeatgoeson

Don't nuts have a lot of fat in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom