• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Not Deez nuts

Second time politics got interesting other than those biden pics where he is with all the anime girls.

Hitler knows whats up tho.

1382255_310506009087927_2072226087_n.png

Jacir

Real quick post. I'll catch up with the current conversation in a minute. This song is so good. The mix of her voice and and the song itself is in many ways inducing 🙌🙌. So good because I can relate with it too much. Wanted to post this after I heard this on the radio and wanted to figure out what song it was.
https://youtu.be/GrGX4KZ44WI

Here's the soundclick http://soundcloud.com/marcitorange/alessia-cara-here-2

EDIT- not sure if I used inducing right.

Africanus

Sore spot is an understatement on my end. My dad outright cheated death escaping Asaba. Uncle died in the war.

Yeah, I didn't mean to downplay it. It was a terrible war. No relatives that I know of died, but family friends did.

But yeah, interesting! I wonder if there are enough people for a Nigeria-Gaf thread. Probably not.
I blame NEPA

Don't nuts have a lot of fat in them?

Yes but the fats aren't terrible if you're not making a meal out of them regularly or compounding them by eating a lot of other fatty foods.

Both snack suggestions only work if used as snacks. If you go overboard with nuts or jerky, you'll be working against yourself. So you would have to make sure they don't conflict with your meals and that you can adhere to your meals and not binge on the snacks.

It helps to have a cheat day too.

Slayven

So a movie about a pivotal moment in gay rights, a moment that HEAVILY involved people of color and lesbians has a movie made about it.

Cool you say, nah they turned it into a "and a mighty White Man will lead the way" adventure

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/stonewall-review-roland-emmerich

But more troubling was how Emmerich seemed to be framing the story, with Jeremy Irvine playing some beautiful, blond angel from the Midwest, sent to the Village to marshall the non-white, gender-queer street kids into action. Which, y’know, is certainly not how the Stonewall riots, which were largely incited by drag queens and trans women of color and lesbians, actually happened. And yet there was Irvine in the trailer, looking corn-fed and fit in a white T-shirt, while various characters closer to the demographic of the real Stonewall rioters slinked around him in the dark.

Do not be eating or drinking while reading that review, you will choke yourself.

God. Obama's statement on this whole offending view points was the dumbest thing he could've said as president. He's given so many idiots the idea that they can literally say whatever and that you shouldn't take issue with it. Academic settings are one thing, the greater society is totally different. Many people just say these things to hurt others, not to engage in dialogue.

Definitely. I use that but can't stick with it daily for more than 2 weeks. I'm hoping this is enough of a 'scare' to push me into the right habits. I've done it before. Around the wedding. Was about 205. But stress makes it easy for bad habits.

That's the rub. I've been asking this question for about 3 years from my doctor. Unfortunately, there is no easy way except hard work. The last answer I got last week was 'nutrisystem?'

Let me just say, I appreciate y'all. Usually I feel like I need to be completely private online. But y'all good peoples and I don't feel like I need to hold back personal details. And I'm really interested in seeing who had tackled things like this. I'm looking for any big and small tips.

I had 3 pieces of country fried steak and got the news afterwards. But I'm not hungry at all and probably could have gotten away with one piece. But I don't learn, with food and if it's good, I'll probably get another. Smdh.

Best tips in my opinion

1) Don't buy into myths. Green tea doesn't make you burn fat, nothing will boost your metabolism, and starvation mode is a myth unless you're near 5% body fat, which you would really not have anything to spare. Do a google search to see what 5% body fat looks like. Eat dense proteins like fish and chicken and (when necessary) complex carbs like brown rice or whole wheat pasta to stay satiated.

2) Don't rely on the scale. You're gonna lose a shit ton of water (along with some fat) and as you workout you will build muscle and have decent gains. Buy measuring tape and use that to map your progress in inches off your waist and chest.

Shy

Real quick post. I'll catch up with the current conversation in a minute. This song is so good. The mix of her voice and and the song itself is in many ways inducing ����. So good because I can relate with it too much. Wanted to post this after I heard this on the radio and wanted to figure out what song it was.
https://youtu.be/GrGX4KZ44WI

Here's the soundclick http://soundcloud.com/marcitorange/alessia-cara-here-2

EDIT- not sure if I used inducing right.
JRAxmCL.gif

Nice find Jacir.

God. Obama's statement on this whole offending view points was the dumbest thing he could've said as president. He's given so many idiots the idea that they can literally say whatever and that you shouldn't take issue with it. Academic settings are one thing, the greater society is totally different. Many people just say these things to hurt others, not to engage in dialogue.

it was amazing, it was an open invitation for people to speak up and listen and challenge their expectations. that people are saying it means the opposite and using it as such is great. it lets them expose themselves.

Infinite

I don't really have an issue with the president's words in itself but it seems that people just were using it as a springboard to complain about PC culture and tumblr which is lame as fuck. I guess where I'm at with all this is I'm really not convinced that putting "trigger warnings" on syllabuses is going to bring about the end of western civilization. I also really don't care like big fucking deal.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
It would be sweet to see T'Challa take over Latveria from Doom. The fanboys would have a fit.

Considering Black Panther's concept borderline started out as "Doctor Doom but good," having a fight between the two would be fun. I have a feeling certain writers (read: all of them) would retcon the outcome to hell and back to prevent BP from having even a modicum of victory, though.

Numb

Wonder what the death toll from selfies is in the future..hate the dumb word..

Expands to as much as people are killed by hippos hopefully.Which is alot.
What's cool about selfies(only thing) is how it gives people no matter who, the ability to completely ignore their surroundings and concentrate solely on themselves.
This ofcourse could lead to death lol

Numb

So it seems Numb made a video about anime : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isM-r6B1wz4

it's not Numb ... i think!

That's ain't me bruh. I never do the ninja run where you flail your arms and drag them behind you like they dead like this.
c2vgJ6b.gif

That's whack.
I use the Madara ''you can't see me'' to move around.
3761484-madara-tobi-o.gif
large.gif

much cooler...

Also would have realized i ain't got chakra/ki/avatar/soul reaper powers/summoning/titan powers much earlier and went to the fisticuffs animes from the start.
Never too early in a fight to roll out with the dempsey roll.
tumblr_mox8g8H74e1roaszgo1_500.gif

Also sleeping Kogoro? so out of place.
hate myslef for recognizing all those references but they seem like all known shows so it's cool.

Just found out I'm prediabetic. I'm, like in shock. I've been saying I wouldn't wish diabetes on my enemy for about 15 years.

I was cool with getting old and some aches in the knees but this is bullshit. I'm 6'3, 234 as of today. I mean, I know this can be corrected but fuck this. I have 15 weeks to the new year and I want to drop, at least 20 lbs. Fuck me.

"I don't drink soda much but I have to get rid of the couple of glasses per day."

the fuck?

bruh.

I only have it maybe twice a week if I'm lucky. usually only once.

switch to fruit juice, but you really should switch to water if you are pre-diabetic.

andthebeatgoeson

"I don't drink soda much but I have to get rid of the couple of glasses per day."

the fuck?

bruh.

I only have it maybe twice a week if I'm lucky. usually only once.

switch to fruit juice, but you really should switch to water if you are pre-diabetic.
Yeah, I know. We have a soda fountain at work. It's so easy.

I'm not trying to have my eyes or kidneys fucked up. Spent all day drinking water yesterday. And I'll have to ban ice cream.

Considering Black Panther's concept borderline started out as "Doctor Doom but good," having a fight between the two would be fun. I have a feeling certain writers (read: all of them) would retcon the outcome to hell and back to prevent BP from having even a modicum of victory, though.

this was basically what happened with doomwar thanks lots of editorial fuckery

Numb

They ran a simulation of what would happen if Wakanda and Latveria went balls to the walls all out war. Northern Africa and Europe would be gone. Not a wasteland, not a crater, not a warzone, G-O-N-E.
Dang.
That's some anime level shit. Like that dude in god of highschool that could dissapear 10% of Korea with his kick using just martial arts.

Slayven

Dang.
That's some anime level shit. Like that dude in god of highschool that could dissapear 10% of Korea with his kick using just martial arts.

I love the salty dude that calls him a mary sue, i am like nigga what? Every character with a solo title is a mary sue. Except Daredevil, that dude lives a sad life that even the devil said "I tried to make it worst, but short of killing him, not a damn thing i can do that hasn't been done already".

Numb

I love the salty dude that calls him a mary sue, i am like nigga what? Every character with a solo title is a mary sue. Except Daredevil, that dude lives a sad life that even the devil said "I tried to make it worst, but short of killing him, not a damn thing i can do that hasn't been done already".

DD living that struggle life.
Atleast he got a great show unlike almost every other hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom