• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birfday Gordon

Just got around to listening to that Rick Ross mixtape... Wow.

A far cry from whatever the hell Drake and Future just put out.

Thanks, y'all..
R3DjxRq.jpg
tumblr_n1ujraUTrh1r5j928o1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I know. We have a soda fountain at work. It's so easy.

I'm not trying to have my eyes or kidneys fucked up. Spent all day drinking water yesterday. And I'll have to ban ice cream.

Once you break free of the shackles sugar puts on you, life is better. Treat it like a legitimate addiction. You WILL have withdrawals. Fight em. Once you break through it's like the heavens have opened up and bathe you in light, and you'll quickly lose 5 lbs of water weight, because your body doesn't need the extra water weight to break down glucose.

Happy B-Day, Gordon.

Yeah, I didn't mean to downplay it. It was a terrible war. No relatives that I know of died, but family friends did.

But yeah, interesting! I wonder if there are enough people for a Nigeria-Gaf thread. Probably not.
I blame NEPA

Oh don't worry, I know you weren't downplaying it. A Naija-Gaf would be great.

It might also be a way for me to get some tips for my jollof rice. Still trying to perfect that, and maybe learn how to make Suya chicken.

I blame NEPA as well

"My mommy died and that makes me deeper and more interesting then every other Flash related character cause Geoff Johns said so"

Man, that retcon still annoys the hell out of me. Barry was fine without it. (He was also a-ok dead, but whatever)

Only problem is, the TV show made it work way better than the comics did. Now we're stuck with it.

And stuck without Wally.

Yeah, I didn't mean to downplay it. It was a terrible war. No relatives that I know of died, but family friends did.

But yeah, interesting! I wonder if there are enough people for a Nigeria-Gaf thread. Probably not.
I blame NEPA
I'd be down. I'm half Yoruba. Dad's side. I'm a dumbass, though. Never been to Nigeria, never learned the language. Never had any Nigerian friends, but always felt like a person of two worlds, never fully a part of either. NaijaGaf should totally be a thing.

zeemumu

Riding the teacups while the parade is going on at Disneyland is trippy as hell.

Being the parents of future superheroes is the same as being Sean Bean in movies.

All of your kids either die or become outcasts and you get beheaded?

andthebeatgoeson

Once you break free of the shackles sugar puts on you, life is better. Treat it like a legitimate addiction. You WILL have withdrawals. Fight em. Once you break through it's like the heavens have opened up and bathe you in light, and you'll quickly lose 5 lbs of water weight, because your body doesn't need the extra water weight to break down glucose.
I actually have a headache today. That's my hangry phase. I break out into conspiracy Beat when I start thinking about how our bodies respond to food or fast food.

Do you drink cofee? I found out that the easiest way to stop craving sugar was by stop having cofee with it.

(Shaq said that black folks in the USA don't drink cofee but well, it's Shaq so i'm guessing he's just talking out of his ass)

Numb

I'd be down. I'm half Yoruba. Dad's side. I'm a dumbass, though. Never been to Nigeria, never learned the language. Never had any Nigerian friends, but always felt like a person of two worlds, never fully a part of either. NaijaGaf should totally be a thing.
Should make one since there seems to be enough people. It ain't like us where there is like 3-4 on all of GAF. It would help people understand beyond the national soccer team/players which is usually the case with what people know of countries outside the US.

Riding the teacups while the parade is going on at Disneyland is trippy as hell.

All of your kids either die or become outcasts and you get beheaded?

Death is involved one way or the other.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually have a headache today. That's my hangry phase. I break out into conspiracy Beat when I start thinking about how our bodies respond to food or fast food.

Fight it! Gotta fight it. The headaches suck but once they're gone, they're gone for a good long time.

zeemumu

if Sanders were black, we wouldn't be questioning his allegiance to the black community. But what; because he's white then

Hasn't helped Carson.

That said, his campaign is being dismantled and we're probably going to end up with someone with little to no proof of having ever cared about the black community and probably never will. That seems like a bad gamble.

andthebeatgoeson

Do you drink cofee? I found out that the easiest way to stop craving sugar was by stop having cofee with it.

(Shaq said that black folks in the USA don't drink cofee but well, it's Shaq so i'm guessing he's just talking out of his ass)
Coffee once a month, maybe. I think I just conditioned my body to eat when I feel like crap. Headache? 'It's just a hunger headache.' Tired? 'Oh, I'll just eat and I'll go to sleep.'

jmood88

Hasn't helped Carson.

That said, his campaign is being dismantled and we're probably going to end up with someone with little to no proof of having ever cared about the black community and probably never will.
And as Terrell said, black people have been voting for whites for forever so it's ridiculous that people actually believe that black people aren't big fans of his simply because he's white. The only ones who have shown that they have an aversion for supporting people who don't look like them are whites.

cdyhybrid

Encore was playing Winter Soldier last night. Getting me hyped for Civil War.

But it's 7 months away :( 2016 will be a good summer for movies though.

zeemumu

Encore was playing Winter Soldier last night. Getting me hyped for Civil War.

But it's 7 months away :( 2016 will be a good summer for movies though.

Yeah but you've got Crimson Peak, Hotel Transylvania 2, Paranormal Activity, Goosebumps, The Peanuts Movie, Mockingjay, Krampus, Star Wars, Kung Fu Panda 3, Deadpool, Zoolander 2, Batman V Superman, and Ratchet and Clank to look forward to in between now and Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom