• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idk I'm assuming in his most recent issue of Grayson. Saw the article on Kotaku, trying to figure out which issue that was in.

Dick the only one worth a damn

That's because they don't do shit with anyone worth a damn. Tim got sidelined hard. Babs was better as Oracle, Jason...wasted potential in general despite me liking him, Damien.....Damien. Cass and Steph...cass and Steph. Its odd that if any of the Fam gets anything to do, its Dick.

LionPride

Banned
Recently I've had the parents of friends of mine tell me how articulate I am and ask me where did I go to middle/elementary school. Something about this has always rubbed me the wrong way, I sound different that most black kids who live down here, but when black folks mention how I talk they ask if I'm from here. Something about people calling me articulate makes me feel as if they expected me to not be able to say words properly because of my hair and such. Any of yall ever faced something like this?

EDIT: Hell even in Elememtary school I had teachers more or less say I was one of the good ones in part because I could speak so well

number47

Recently I've had the parents of friends of mine tell me how articulate I am and ask me where did I go to middle/elementary school. Something about this has always rubbed me the wrong way, I sound different that most black kids who live down here, but when black folks mention who I talk they ask if I'm from here. Something about people calling me articulate makes me feel as if they expected me to not be able to say words properly because of my hair and such. Any of yall ever faced something like this?
No. I went to a private school. So I understood.

Fam, did we just lose Michael B. Jordan to the "All Lives Matter" disease?

And to think he starred in Fruitvale Station. I'm tempted to blame F4nt4stic Four.

Recently I've had the parents of friends of mine tell me how articulate I am and ask me where did I go to middle/elementary school. Something about this has always rubbed me the wrong way, I sound different that most black kids who live down here, but when black folks mention how I talk they ask if I'm from here. Something about people calling me articulate makes me feel as if they expected me to not be able to say words properly because of my hair and such. Any of yall ever faced something like this?

EDIT: Hell even in Elememtary school I had teachers more or less say I was one of the good ones in part because I could speak so well

Private schools, you get a lot less of this in general.

I literally can't think of a response to that. Not a joke, not a counter, my mind is gone y'all. Just gone

He's also gone, so there's that. But yea, the "logic".

Yes yes become one with the fuckery

Need more "kid thrown in the trash" scenes this season.

Slayven

That is my baby

http://www.gq.com/story/fresh-off-the-boat-constance-wu-isnt-sure-whole-tv-thing?mbid=social_twitter

CPdYaoBWsAAQLnu.jpg

Africanus

Been busy, but I do want to say happy birthday Gordon, and belated birthdays to those in the past week.

Anyone past 7 days is as relevant as Azealia Banks.

KumaJG

I wonder if the Voice Actors going on strike will affect anything...

Empire was some shit...I don't even know what happened

DMczaf

http://deadline.com/2015/09/straigh...s-fox-dave-jeser-matt-silverstein-1201546425/

Calabasas and Compton are diagonally opposite areas of Los Angeles, geographically and in virtually every other sense. The gritty city of Compton was the backdrop for the blockbuster N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton. And now the affluent Northwest suburb of Calabasas, home of a host of celebrities, is the setting of Straight Outta Calabasas, a single-camera comedy series project that has received a put pilot commitment at Fox.

The project is written/executive produced by Drawn Together creators Dave Jeser and Matt Silverstein. Here is how they describe its premise: Two profoundly white, liberal LA parents discover their 10 year-old-son is a basketball prodigy. They suddenly find themselves wrapped up in a community they can’t possibly understand, forming an unlikely friendship with a family they have nothing in common with. 20th Century Fox TV, where Jeser and Silverstein are under an overall deal, is the studio.

welp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom