• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got selected to do a briefing with the commander of the whole squadron I work but I can't since I got jury duty next week. SMH
If that isn't the worst fucking..

--

They got Chris Rock on some voice modulator? Sounds deeper than I've ever heard. Also, never watching this again lol..just not for me. Funny dig at that idiot Lemmon, tho..

"You can't even dyke right." Good gravy..lol.

Crocodile

Happy Belated Birthday to Gordon! :)

Can you have a scale rating just for the skin tone of your arms?

ih1KzwL.gif

Originally posted in the Live glitch thread.

Nah man you just don't understand, dude is getting his Haki/Homunculus on! :p

efff3d59531fad4904672b680ff58814.jpg

IZzRBUNlOK0VisEGD3eexILaYbtXrFQ5MOrbD9OoRddpxc0tnzwFBI-2ofl34EXKYarPYSDePyfxPyqA2KgB=w506-h285-n

Numb

rejoice.png

One of the few white dudes that hangs the most with our group converted to islam today. First time seeing this in person.
It's an Eid miracle. I knew he was cool when he wanted to come over to play Towerfall and Dragon's Crown.
Wonder what his parents think? Probably cool with it or even excited. People are weird like that here.
Also just drank an entire carton of chocolate milk in one go and stomach hurts.
ff6569a7c9289d6bfff9d7598dc5b32b1.jpg

Eid mubarak brothers
rejoice.png

rejoice.png

One of the few white dudes that hangs the most with our group converted to islam today. First time seeing this in person.
It's an Eid miracle. I knew he was cool when he wanted to come over to play Towerfall and Dragon's Crown.
Wonder what his parents think? Probably cool with it or even excited. People are weird like that here.
Also just drank an entire carton of chocolate milk in one go and stomach hurts.
ff6569a7c9289d6bfff9d7598dc5b32b1.jpg

Eid mubarak brothers
rejoice.png
Oddest month in my life I had two friends who were just as atheist as myself, and would constantly ask me biblical questions. Way back when, I I would read through the bible as fast as old-school Strider. Went away for a month. When I got back, both "found God" and claimed it was my doing. One, a Christian..the other, a Muslim.

Sadly, it was my extremely bigoted views against homosexuals that sold them. Always a strange story for me. Lost track of the Muslim. Found the Christian a couple of months ago..he's a pastor. Odd to be responsible for that..

Sorry lol..need to finish this wine so my house is likka free..

Numb

Oddest month in my life I had two friends who were just as atheist as myself, and would constantly ask me biblical questions. Way back when, I I would read through the bible as fast as old-school Strider. Went away for a month. When I got back, both "found God" and claimed it was my doing. One, a Christian..the other, a Muslim.

Sadly, it was my extremely bigoted views against homosexuals that sold them. Always a strange story for me. Lost track of the Muslim. Found the Christian a couple of months ago..he's a pastor. Odd to be responsible for that..

Sorry lol..need to finish this wine so my house is likka free..

You are the chosen one Gordon. The one to pave the way.
didnt know you hated gays so much to inspire them picking up a religion. Must have been one heck of a speech:)
Using religion to strengthen their views is not something new. Peope do it alot. Surprised that the one guy went far enough to become a pastor tho.
My dude basically inspired me to improve myself more. It is known that new coverts are much more religious and active than the older ones

Just saw a sign that said "apathy and tolerance are the two final virtues of a dying society." Uh, apathy I can understand, but...

Bonus points for it being from a line of car washes local to the area that have signs on rotation featuring pious idioms the way a church would.

You are the chosen one Gordon. The one to pave the way.
didnt know you hated gays so much to inspire them picking up a religion. Must have been one heck of a speech:)
Using religion to strengthen their views is not something new. Peope do it alot. Surprised that the one guy went far enough to become a pastor tho.
My dude basically inspired me to improve myself more. It is known that new coverts are much more religious and active than the older ones
I hate/kinda don't mind taking about it. I just know that there's a train of thought that people can't change their ways. I did..it just required meeting some good people
who, ironically, ended up being so fucking racist..but yeah, that didn't change anything..people suck. It happens

I grew up pretty terrible...

D i Z

Most disasters are fairly easy to understand logistically. I mean the A's and B's, cause and effect. But 700 people dying in a stampede is something else.

Numb

Had to finally make an account to view this..still couldn't tho. Don't know why.
That black theme tho. Sexy.

I hate/kinda don't mind taking about it. I just know that there's a train of thought that people can't change their ways. I did..it just required meeting some good people
who, ironically, ended up being so fucking racist..but yeah, that didn't change anything..people suck. It happens

I grew up pretty terrible...

Didn't matter. You used them to better yourself and got the hell outta their racist airspace.
I think i am lucky with how i grew up. Being almost barbarian means there is so much you don't know and going through so much horrible shit on the regular gives you tuff skin. Got the ability to completely ignore the new stuff i learned that was shit and just pay attention to what i like or care about. If i don't understand something that people really hate on and expected to join in i just leave them to their devices. Never understood why waste energy on shit you hate. Other than snow,death and sleep getting cut short nothing gets a negative rise outta me.They all get ignored to some degree. Unfortunately this means you are slightly emotionally numb to what people are going through so i force myslef to symphasize too much with everything. All these issues and people getting butthurt over the smallest stuff means nothing to me so i try to understand and the ones fishing for these stuffs are the worst Just waiting to get butthurt over anything.. The best thing i found is to not worsen what these people are going through that means nothing to you. As long as you are not dead i say things are cool and could be improved lol. Shoud be my catchphrase. Sorry i went on for a bit.

Shy

Good read on Duane Jones roles in Night of the LIving Dead:

https://www.thewrap.com/night-living-dead-casting-cult-classic-20545/

A role written 40 years ago yet we still have very few "colorless" movie roles.
Cool post. I'm reading the article now.

If you guys are interested, here's the last interview with Mr. Duane Jones. i first heard it on my copy of the THX version of night of the living dead dvd.

EDIT: ii just finished the article, the interview i linked was the same one mentioned at the bottom of the article.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Good read on Duane Jones roles in Night of the LIving Dead:

https://www.thewrap.com/night-living-dead-casting-cult-classic-20545/

A role written 40 years ago yet we still have very few "colorless" movie roles.

NOTLD probably in my top 100 movies of all time.
Been a while since I watched it though. Halloween coming up seems like a good excuse.

Since Ben’s character was written sans a specific ethnicity, there’s never any overt reference to race in the film — not even in those heated shouting matches between Ben and Harry (though one senses the ever-seething Harry’s unvoiced bigotry) — yet the character’s black identity undeniably added another layer of anger to the pair’s ferocious battles for alpha-dog status.
I thought it was intentional all this time.

At one point, when the filmmakers considered lensing an alternate ending that would permit Ben to survive, it was Duane Jones who stood firm. “I convinced George that the black community would rather see me dead than saved, after all that had gone on, in a corny and symbolically confusing way.” Besides, said Jones, “The heroes never die in American movies. The jolt of that and the double jolt of the hero figure being black seemed like a double-barreled whammy.”
so this negro is responsible for us dying in all horror movies since. LOL XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom