• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Breh they used Leroy Jenkins in 2015, 2-0-1-5

And they made an asian stereotype worse.
Ohh believe me fam, i'm in no way, shape, or form, saying that was good, all of those segment were fucking awful. (i should have been more clear, i meant i like some bits outside of those segments) all of that katana girl shit can die in a fire.

RedSwirl

On R.Mika (and probably Quite too), I don't really think there's anything we can do about Japanese character designs in the short term. At least not talking about it from this side of the Pacific.

Right now my mind is telling me the best thing to do is just keep supporting games that offer alternate choices to balance things out.

downloading season 1 of boardwalk empire to my phone for jury duty tomorrow. I love Amazon Prime for adding this feature. Where you at Netflix?

I've been about that life on VLC for a while now. I've had season 1 of LOGH on my iPhone for just such a day.

One of the perks of having a 128GB phone.

Numb

On R.Mika (and probably Quite too), I don't really think there's anything we can do about Japanese character designs in the short term. At least not talking about it from this side of the Pacific.

Right now my mind is telling me the best thing to do is just keep supporting games that offer alternate choices to balance things out.

Japan cares so little about it and it's awesome.

One of the perks of having a 128GB phone.
My consoles ain't even got that let alone phone.

...what are yall even talking about in here?
Hush puppies? Hush puppies..
images

Man women are wack. This girl I was hitting it off with just went ghost after 1 text. I wish someone had told me not to take dating so personally, would have saved me lots of "What is she doing" moments in the past. Time for some chinese food and Diablo.

Jacir

Bedstuy is alright. If I moved to Brooklyn, it'd probably be around that area or close to my job.

... God I hate Staten Island.

Aye, my dad was born there.

A detail I didn't mention was that even this place was going to be temporary (not housing) for us. Don't know if we'll stay for 6 months or a couple of years due to us having another arraignment that is progressing at a snail's pace. A new experience nonetheless. Haven't moved since the late 90s and it wasnt that far apart when we did. Now, when were looking my pops wasnt acting his usuall way. Kinda hard to explain or atleast I'm terrible with descriptions, I think he was definitely worried or was uneasy of the neighborhood. We all realized from the moment we got out train station, the atmosphere was different and prevalence of on duty and undercover cops. Not many businesses that I will actually go to. The sole fact that we have to go to the laundromat a block away will be new for us. My mom already told me she don't want to come home from work at night. I gotta protect my moms cuz I love her too much.

I imagine that actress has an english accent and never heard of Popeyes until she got the job.

LOL that is now my dream..

The British invasion never stopped.

Welcome back brother.

What could have been...
It was too advanced.Should have posted more gifs before.
Post the gifs you had here.Sure you got moe than 2.
or PM me

Actually nope, I actually had to make the ones I posted. The little bit of relevant footage I found were a bunch of white girls with no rhythm or ass.

Eh..whatever. I'm guessing this will be my first day in a box. Just putting it out there just in case. I wanna eat a mother fuckers face. I wanna be GAFs Florida Man. If this mother fucker knocks in my door..PLEASE, KNOCK ON MY FUCKING DOOR

Dereck

About Quiet, I want you guys to weigh in, excuse me, I'm playing through MGS5 kind of slowly, so

The reasoning behind her clothing, think of just one way that we could make Quiet have the same abilities,
(breathes through her skin)
, one way that is not sexy, but instead, cooler and clothed.

I'm only on mission
30, but shouldn't there be more people like Quiet who wear the same type of clothing in the story? The game makes her seem like an isolated case.

Numb

Eh..whatever. I'm guessing this will be my first day in a box. Just putting it out there just in case. I wanna eat a mother fuckers face. I wanna be GAFs Florida Man. If this mother fucker knocks in my door..PLEASE, KNOCK ON MY FUCKING DOOR
tumblr_nlhsa5yF1p1racblmo3_540.gif

Face skin looks tasty like potatoe skin prepared well with spices but don't turn into florida man Gordon.
About Quiet, I want you guys to weigh in, excuse me, I'm playing through MGS5 kind of slowly, so

The reasoning behind her clothing, think of just one way that we could make Quiet have the same abilities,

I'm only on mission
30, but shouldn't there be more people like Quiet who wear the same type of clothing in the story? The game makes her seem like an isolated case.

Haven't gotten to her yet but that sounds cool.
Slowest player over here.

I'm only on mission

Give her The End's outfit?

Also that 90's movies thread got me hunting for some shit on Netflix. I know there are some black movies I'm forgetting about.

Numb

Also that 90's movies thread got me hunting for some shit on Netflix. I know there are some black movies I'm forgetting about.
So many memories.
Got a couple of friends who don't watch/play/touch anything that came out before 2000. It's hilarious.
Also shouldn't have gone into that scary gif thread this late.

Merc_

I just watched the most recent episode of Dragonball Super and all I can say is that screw attack probably should have waited before making Goku vs Superman 2. That episode just started it up all over again lmao.

akira28

it kinda is. When you see most of the planet tilting at whatever windmills western 'media/status quo/powers that be' set up as "issues with merit" and then you see Japan having no fucks left to give, it's like...it just reminds you that America ain't shit.

America always was that born again christian who spent years just fucking people over, and now that they "seen the light" they go around doing the most, playing moral role model when they barely have the right.

I don't know what the R Mika deal is, but the whole issue with Quiet seemed so over blown, over the top, waste of conversation. And now that I finally see all of her weird cutscenes, holy shit, she's a weird mutant plant thing using her weird bikini and cat-like stretching to annoy the Boss when he's trying to unlock weapons and shit on his PDA. She "sets women back to before the days they could vote and wore long boots with buttons and shit". and is immediately forgettable as anything but a tabula rasa.

If she's the perfect victim, or if she's just kind of interesting and strange, and you're content to let her go on he way after mission
, it doesn't even matter. In 3 months it will be "remember Quiet?"

it kinda is. When you see most of the planet tilting at whatever windmills western 'media/status quo/powers that be' set up as "issues with merit" and then you see Japan having no fucks left to give, it's like...it just reminds you that America ain't shit.

America always was that born again christian who spent years just fucking people over, and now that they "seen the light" they go around doing the most, playing moral role model when they barely have the right.

I don't know what the R Mika deal is, but the whole issue with Quiet seemed so over blown, over the top, waste of conversation. And now that I finally see all of her weird cutscenes, holy shit, she's a weird mutant plant thing using her weird bikini and cat-like stretching to annoy the Boss when he's trying to unlock weapons and shit on his PDA. She "sets women back to before the days they could vote and wore long boots with buttons and shit". and is immediately forgettable as anything but a tabula rasa.

If she's the perfect victim, or if she's just kind of interesting and strange, and you're content to let her go on he way after mission
, it doesn't even matter. In 3 months it will be "remember Quiet?"

truths

RedSwirl

The not caring about what people tell them to do part not the oversexualizing stuff to the point of stupidity part.

Of course that circles me right back around to Japan's economic problems forcing game developers and anime producers to target the most reliable male otaku demographic, to the point where even average Japanese people think that shit is weird.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Shy

I don't mind R.Mika. but then again i am a fucking perv.
But i think Quiet's outfit and the reasons for her having them are fucking moronic, as well as being bland character.

I'm only on mission
They should, but Kojima was being juvenile.
Pretty much.
Of course that circles me right back around to Japan's economic problems forcing game developers and anime producers to target the most reliable male otaku demographic, to the point where even average Japanese people think that shit is weird.
That's the real depressing thing about all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom