• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

Sorry to hear that Gordon.

Things have been shit today for me. This day was fucking garbage. That time again to bug out from gaf

Slayven

lol..damn. I got this new anger imma have to deal with. Sorry about that..neighbour troubles. I REALLY need to get out of this state..

I know how that is, we got an alcoholic PTSD retired army dude that loves to get drunk and get in fights with the crackhoes he brings home

Slayven

It ain't the same. It's being gentrified, lotta white folk moving a lot of developers buying up land.

Kill Moves no!!!!!!

White flight had everyone leaving, but now that the city has flavor and a culture they want to come back.

I miss the grim dirty shit covered NYC of the 80s, but now I bet the whole city smells like Pumpkin spice

Bronx-Man

Banned
It ain't the same. It's being gentrified, lotta white folk moving a lot of developers buying up land.

Just visited Harlem over the summer and the same damn thing is happening over there. Only a matter of time until I start seeing Froyo shops in south Bronx.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Kill Moves no!!!!!!

White flight had everyone leaving, but now that the city has flavor and a culture they want to come back.

I miss the grim dirty shit covered NYC of the 80s, but now I bet the whole city smells like Pumpkin spice

man I would give anything to experience the sleaze of NY from the 70's and 80's.
It looked magical in it's ratchetness.

FreeMufasa

London got hit hard by that too. Bare white people living in hackney and brixton. And when I went back to croydon last month it's changing there too

Kreed

watch a movie set during then like TMNT, and watch one set in modern nyc. They don't eve look like they are on the same planet.

I actually read a book that discussed how they slowly transformed NY in the late 80s/90s using the "broken window" theory. Basically having cops/city workers go into neighborhoods and public places and cleaning up graffiti, broken windows, etc... which would make people "feel" like NY was safer/nicer than it was and the locals were less likely to act up since they would feel like they were in a "nice" neighborhood. Sounds nice until you learn this was the motivation for stuff like Stop and Frisk.

Slayven

I actually read a book that discussed how they slowly transformed NY in the late 80s/90s using the "broken window" theory. Basically having cops/city workers go into neighborhoods and public places and cleaning up graffiti, broken windows, etc... which would make people "feel" like NY was safer/nicer than it was and the locals were less likely to act up since they would feel like they were in a "nice" neighborhood. Sounds nice until you learn this was the motivation for stuff like Stop and Frisk.

Yeah that is my problem with it, public works start giving a shit when they smell money. When they should be doing it anyway.

It's like when your mom tells to straighten up cause company is coming over but you just swept shit under your bed and spread a comforter over your bed real nice.

Infinite

Yup. If gentrification wasn't about the aesthetics of the city but instead about the lower income people of the city we would be having a very different conversation. If you can simply hide the issue under the rug by containing the poors using the broken windows and stop n frisk away from the parts of the city where the hip new coffee shops are then I guess it's something no one has to think about.

It's like when your mom tells to straighten up cause company is coming over but you just swept shit under your bed and spread a comforter over your bed real nice.

Good analogy.

zeemumu

I know how that is, we got an alcoholic PTSD retired army dude that loves to get drunk and get in fights with the crackhoes he brings home

tumblr_m2cen5AnOC1r48bp2o1_250.gif

Young Magus

Yeah that is my problem with it, public works start giving a shit when they smell money. When they should be doing it anyway.

good example

Damn Slay you a wise mothafucker

Slayven

I am watching Age of Extinction and this nigga carries around the written legal statues for stationary rape. What kind of Tyga shit is this?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fuck dude, don't remind me of Transformers 4. Got dragged their by the fam on 4th of July, it was only movie I've ever seen that made my eyes physically hurt.

Someone at Paramount thought to themselves, "Y'know what would get those big bucks? A near 3-hour Transformers movie!"

Numb

I am watching Age of Extinction and this nigga carries around the written legal statues for stationary rape. What kind of Tyga shit is this?
Removed that movie so hard from my memories i thought age of exctintion was some new post-apoc show i never heard of.

Slayven

This Robot Samurai just tried to pull Bumblebee's card. Where was this nigga the last 3 movies? Bee is the only real nigga in the whole damn squad

zeemumu

That's the only Transformers film that I can never justify watching more than once. I'm not saying the others are good, I'm saying that I can find a reason to watch them. But that one...naw, never again.

Between that relationship and the 30 seconds of Dinobots and the baffling behavior of the humans and Katara from The Last Airbender movie, and Optimus Prime just straight up lifting off into space

That's the only Transformers film that I can never justify watching more than once. I'm not saying the others are good, I'm saying that I can find a reason to watch them. But that one...naw, never again.

Between that relationship and the 30 seconds of Dinobots and the baffling behavior of the humans and Katara from The Last Airbender movie, and Optimus Prime just straight up lifting off into space

I didn't even realise.

You've given me another reason to hate this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom