• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Thats the sidechick line.
Look at that thirsty woman next to him
Ain't heard that one in a minute..at least modbot gave me a chuckle on the lock.
That coli was perfect.
angleus you fucking with me?

Someone hacked my dummy facebook account, changed the profile to an asian chick and started friending people in Asia.
It didn't take me long to figure out the password. 'WillsuckyYu' took me 5 minutes to guess.

Young Magus

It's funny this came up because my boyfriend finally left for Japan this past wednesday. He's stationed there for two years. I'm sure he'll end up with some stories being a gay black dude in Yokosuka, but considering he already knows Japanese and he's military it'll probably help. Probably.

Sheeeeet, he`ll end up with a crap ton of stories. Some funny, some infuriating some approaching `golden niggas` tier of fuckkery.

All the wise cracks I said about "white wimminz" and melanin deficiency over the years

.....then I end up falling in love with one. The sweet sweet irony.

Was playing football yesterday at the local park. While waiting on to arrive this white 4 yr old wantEd me to teach him how to one because his family was playing soccer. Then a softball team came to claim some of the field and this white girl of Jared's preferred age came and wanted the 4 of us that was there so far to throw it to her once. And she was throwing perfect spirals and long distances like she was from the film "Rookie of the Year" but of football. Dam shame gender politic make sure she'll never do football.

White Houston is weird sometimes

Heroes just out weebooed everybody
That Asian chick is written so badly

Trevor Noah starts tomorrow, i expect folks to show their asses
I assumed as much. I'm certainly not going to give dude undo credit..I'm just not ready to shoot the guy down before AT MINIMUM an episode, and realistically, about a year in. Every host had their sweet spot. You've got to give a person time to at least attempt to get there.

Also, Jon loves America, and never hesitated to shit on it. That's reality. Anyone saying otherwise is..well, "funny" is the word I'll use.

Slayven

Was playing football yesterday at the local park. While waiting on to arrive this white 4 yr old wantEd me to teach him how to one because his family was playing soccer. Then a softball team came to claim some of the field and this white girl of Jared's preferred age came and wanted the 4 of us that was there so far to throw it to her once. And she was throwing perfect spirals and long distances like she was from the film "Rookie of the Year" but of football. Dam shame gender politic make sure she'll never do football.

White Houston is weird sometimes

Everyone is written so badly
I assumed as much. I'm certainly not going to give dude undo credit..I'm just not ready to shoot the guy down before AT MINIMUM an episode, and realistically, about a year in. Every host had their sweet spot. You've got to give a person time to at least attempt to get there.

Also, Jon loves America, and never hesitated to shit on it. That's reality. Anyone saying otherwise is..well, "funny" is the word I'll use.

Nah they been shooting him down since he been announced.

Trey

Dam shame gender politic make sure she'll never do football.

I think the fact no one wants their kids playing football any more will do that more effectively.

I remember there was a girl on my little league football team. She was nice with hers. had hands and would run someone over while smiling.

Everyone is written so badly

Yea but she's written worse. And I can't stand looking at old boy who played Pan in Once Upon a Time with the teleport touch

I think the fact no one wants their kids playing football any more will do that more effectively.

I remember there was a girl on my little league football team. She was nice with hers. had hands and would run someone over while smiling.
We threw her the ball back like 10 times to see if it was a fluke, she caught all of them and threw it back better and 100% spirals

Honestly? I was pretty disappointed when it was first announced. Jessica Williams was my "There's not even a doubt" replacement. She's young, funny, ETHNIC, attractive enough, and she gets work. Her segments are on par with Samantha Bee, IMO.

Youth was the criteria I assumed they'd stick to. Obviously they went that route. It wasn't until I learned of his story that I was curious about the dude. Definitely looking forward to Monday. I hope he does well.

Slayven

Honestly? I was pretty disappointed when it was first announced. Jessica Williams was my "There's not even a doubt" replacement. She's young, funny, ETHNIC, attractive enough, and she gets work. Her segments are on par with Samantha Bee, IMO.

Youth was the criteria I assumed they'd stick to. Obviously they went that route. It wasn't until I learned of his story that I was curious about the dude. Definitely looking forward to Monday. I hope he does well.

To honest I want Jessica to movie above and beyond the daily show, she got the talent. I don't see the point in holding her down for 10 years.

To honest I want Jessica to movie above and beyond the daily show, she got the talent. I don't see the point in holding her down for 10 years.
Eh, maybe. Going Hollywood could be a death sentence. Staying comfortable could as well. I know she's definitely got potential to do well in whichever she chooses. EVERYONE from the Daily Show is working right now, and they will for a good minute. I just really thought she'd be great to fill Jon's seat. I'm hoping Trevor pulls it off.

There will be those that want/expect the worst..let them.

Well damn, that shit closed as soon as I made it. I don't get it.

Well I had found a 20 dollar bill on the street today and that put me in a good mood and I think of some silly shit when I'm in a good mood, so that money made me think of twerking and somehow cosplay came into that, so I decided to google cosplay twerk contests. Sadly, I could only find one contest and that shit was weak, so I thought mannn, I could put together some better shit than that and began to think what kind of shit would make for a good cosplay twerk contest. The first thing came to mind was characters and since cosplay is a nerd hobby I thought what better place to ask about characters than on NeoGaf?

Kreed

The issue is most people assume Jon Stewart = The Daily Show, similar to Colbert = The Colbert Report, not realizing that it is the writing staff that makes most of these shows happen. Example, many posters in the Colbert late show thread seemed surprised when Colbert was doing "Colbert Report bits" despite the fact that Letterman took his entire writing staff when he left and Colbert took his entire Colbert Report staff with him. Obviously his staff is going to write what they know how to write, which is Colbert Report bits. If Letterman's staff had stayed on, you'd have seen Colbert doing Letterman bits.

In addition, I think most people expect Trevor Noah to be Larry Wilmore/turn the Daily Show into the Nightly Show, not realizing that one of the main reasons Larry got his spot is because he has had a long history writing black TV shows and sitcoms including the Fresh Prince, The Jamie Foxx show, the PJs, and the Bernie Mac show. Unfortunately Larry and his staff had never done a late night show before, so it took him a couple of weeks to find his groove. Trevor won't have this problem since he has the fully seasoned Daily Show staff from the get go and pretty much has to "play Jon Stewart".

This, and the fact that a bunch of people want him to fail, I know his first show is going to be incredible since the Daily Show staff now has something to prove. Despite all of this though, I already expect certain coded responses like "The show is ok but I liked Jon better. Trevor is just too street for this show".

akira28

angleus you fucking with me?

Someone hacked my dummy facebook account, changed the profile to an asian chick and started friending people in Asia.

Someone is finally teaching you how to use Facebook. It's Mr Robot or some shit, lol

people will be salivating over Trevor Noah, waiting for him to slip.

But just for kicks,

Look you little prick, if you shove your ideology down my throat one more time, I swear to christ.....

what was your plan?
troll.png

The issue is most people assume Jon Stewart = The Daily Show, similar to Colbert = The Colbert Report, not realizing that it is the writing staff that makes most of these shows happen.
EXACTLY!
Example, many posters in the Colbert late show thread seemed surprised when Colbert was doing "Colbert Report bits" despite the fact that Letterman took his entire writing staff when he left and Colbert took his entire Colbert Report staff with him. Obviously his staff is going to write what they know how to write, which is Colbert Report bits. If Letterman's staff had stayed on, you'd have seen Colbert doing Letterman bits.
I'm guessing they think he points up and says "Jimmy" before a clip even now because he's a raving lunatic lol..
In addition, I think most people expect Trevor Noah to be Larry Wilmore/turn the Daily Show into the Nightly Show, not realizing that one of the main reasons Larry got his spot is because he has had a long history writing black TV shows and sitcoms including the Fresh Prince, The Jamie Foxx show, the PJs, and the Bernie Mac show. Unfortunately Larry and his staff had never done a late night show before, so it took him a couple of weeks to find his groove. Trevor won't have this problem since he has the fully seasoned Daily Show staff from the get go and pretty much has to "play Jon Stewart".
In complete agreement here. Again, who's running shop for all these shows? Who has more confidence than his idiot fans? Jon Stewart. It's actually pretty awesome to see him as executive producer of so many shows, AND ON DIFFERENT NETWORKS. He understands it's a marathon..
This, and the fact that a bunch of people want him to fail, I know his first show is going to be incredible since the Daily Show staff now has something to prove. Despite all of this though, I already expect certain coded responses like "The show is ok but I liked Jon better. Trevor is just too street for this show".
Again, dude has a pretty phenomenal story. Anyone that doesn't want to give him a chance? Well, I heard he says Niger a lot..being African and all that..
I never got a message from ya. If I did, I would've responded asap.
We good, man 😉. Welcome back..

Shy

Are any of you lovely people in the rainbow 6 beta on PC ? it's quite good.

did any of you UK mans see tonight's episode of this is England 90 ?
it was fucking raw.
Everyone is written so badly.
Heroes™

Saying that though, i do like some bits (much how i felt about the show when it used to be on)
I know it's been talked to death, but that game segment, how could anybody in their right mind give that the go ahead, and in no point in time think there wasn't anything thing wrong with it. I sat there not being able to get over that.
he talked about starting a thread here, forgetting about the hip-hop police watching us, it got closed before even 1 post
Are we the most watched thread on GAF, cause it always seems other people know our shit (most times more than i do, and i live here lol)
I am never posting on gaming side again.
Welcome back fam.

Slayven

Are any of you lovely people in the rainbow 6 beta on PC ? it's quite good.

did any of you UK mans see tonight's episode of this is England 90 ?
it was fucking raw.

Heroes™

Saying that though, i do like some bits (much how i felt about the show when it used to be on)
I know it's been talked to death, but that game segment, how could anybody in their right mind give that the go ahead, and in no point in time think there wasn't anything thing wrong with it. I sat there not being able to get over that.

Are we the most watched thread on GAF, cause it always seems other people know our shit (most times more than i do, and i live here lol)

Welcome back fam.

Breh they used Leroy Jenkins in 2015, 2-0-1-5

And they made an asian stereotype worse.

jmood88

I love Elizabeth Warren
"Economic justice is not — and has never been — sufficient to ensure racial justice. Owning a home won’t stop someone from burning a cross on the front lawn. Admission to a school won’t prevent a beating on the sidewalk outside," Warren declared. "The tools of oppression were woven together, and the civil rights struggle was fought against that oppression wherever it was found — against violence, against the denial of voting rights and against economic injustice."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom