• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Guy wouldn't have went out like a bitch

tumblr_lyazfwUfbn1qe914z.jpg

1174449-386287_121007_guy_gardner.jpg

The look on BB's little sis kills me every time "This nigga is about to fuck shit uo"

Slayven

Slay. Tell me Lucius Fox on that Gotham show don't look like Frozone..

I don't watch Gotham, it can go fuck itself with all that wink wink nod nod this is this batman villain but not really yet bullshit.

Man I am getting old, trying to stay up for Trevor Noah, but it is hard

Have any of the UK people in here have watched Fresh Meat? I was looking for pictures of something I ran across gifs of this badass looking sista. It makes you curious to hit it up, but I don't want to waste my time either.

27W8kua.gif

MysKqrh.gif

27W8kua

tumblr_mt63ryF2yJ1qa601io6_250.gif

tumblr_lwqbimGr1X1r81j4zo1_500.gif

I don't watch Gotham, it can go fuck itself with all that wink wink nod nod this is this batman villain but not really yet bullshit.

Man I am getting old, trying to stay up for Trevor Noah, but it is hard
The show is straight trash..season 1 on Netflix though, so I gave it a watch while prepping grub for the girls. Taking liberties is a fucking understatement lol..

akira28

Is anyone familiar with John McWhorter from Coloumbia University? He's basically going on the Chris Hayes's show right now talking about BLM and basically arguing "but what about Black on Black crime?". it's kind of pissing me off given this guy is clearly a smart guy but he seems to be really missing the point :/

He's a conservative fellow at some think tank.

The problem is this. Same thing that's been going on among black intelligensia since the late 19th century. What about black on black crime? It is a problem. But don't act like we can't talk about more than one problem at once. Whenever someone wants to bring up black on black crime they need to get shut down just like that. You don't try to squelch debate of a non-frivolous, arguably very serious topic by trying to suggest everyone focus on a completely separate topic that you want to focus on. It's asinine, and people need to get nuked when they do it.

Slayven

The show is straight trash..season 1 on Netflix though, so I gave it a watch while prepping grub for the girls. Taking liberties is a fucking understatement lol..

Netflix payed crazy money for that show. And by the time the little dude becomes Batman all his villains will be in nursing homes.

Netflix payed crazy money for that show. And by the time the little dude becomes Batman all his villains will be in nursing homes.
Seriously..who's running that shit? It truly would be a world of geriatrics running the show. I just don't get it.
The fact that Gordon's girl BARBARA looks to be turning into Harley is just "WTF?!" enough..

Jacir

So Just watched the first four episodes of Fear the Walking Dead and I'm enjoying it. Ill watch the 5th tomorrow. However, whats the deal with
those black characters who turned and got killed off like they were the only black people to be on the show for the rest of the season
? The acting is way better than TWD imo. But I'm already seeing weird or/and stupid decisions being made like
in the house scene where the other Hispanic husband shot the zombie. That isnt the part I was cringing but it was the moment prior. Wtf was dude thinking that he could fix these walkers. That sentiment that is building up is the sentiment that is making me cringe.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I...I just saw a video of a breh getting it in while riding a hoverbored.
I don't know how yet but this has changed my life.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Is anyone familiar with John McWhorter from Coloumbia University? He's basically going on the Chris Hayes's show right now talking about BLM and basically arguing "but what about Black on Black crime?". it's kind of pissing me off given this guy is clearly a smart guy but he seems to be really missing the point :/

Oh. OH! He's one of those negroes eh?

I just feel an immense sense of disgust upon seeing that face.

As a child in public school, they pushed him upon the black youth in a notable fashion, providing books about him, showing off his documentary in school, videos of him in neurosurgery amongst other things. One year, they even brought him in as a guest speaker!

Might I say I was inspired by him? Not exactly, but even if not inspired, I at least had a certain admiration for him for overcoming considerable obstacles in his life.

But now? The little respect I may have had for him as a person in the medical field, not to speak of socially, completely died when he failed to correct Donald Trump's nonsense on vaccines. He's a fool through and through.

This. My family share a religion with this clown so, growing up he was pushed hard as a role model.

The unfortunate thing is, I'm not even surprised he turned out to be such a dick.

-------

Gotham has been shit since day 0. Whoever thought, "let's make a Batman show... without Batman!" and then couldn't decide if they wanted it to be serious or farcical should be fired.

So Just watched the first four episodes of Fear the Walking Dead and I'm enjoying it. Ill watch the 5th tomorrow. However, whats the deal with
those black characters who turned and got killed off like they were the only black people to be on the show for the rest of the season
? The acting is way better than TWD imo. But I'm already seeing weird or/and stupid decisions being made like
in the house scene where the other Hispanic husband shot the zombie. That isnt the part I was cringing but it was the moment prior. Wtf was dude thinking that he could fix these walkers. That sentiment that is building up is the sentiment that is making me cringe.

they had a chance to fix this black people problem in FTWD and they still fuck it up.

they aint serious, never was

Jacir

they had a chance to fix this black people problem in FTWD and they still fuck it up.

they aint serious, never was

Yea they had several chances in the first two episodes. Gave them leeway that
a brother had to die first, but after the black guy in the school got killed too
and only seen more black folks during
the riot scene and that's about it.
. I got worried, but I will continue watching tho.

----------

Y'all know this already but I think it's a good thing to keep telling for people who need to see it and understand.
https://twitter.com/fergusonstream1/status/648725598035120129?s=09

Also damn
https://twitter.com/xaymacans/status/648703038920749056?s=09

Slayven

the black women thread amazing how people flock to it just to talk about how it is not worth talking about. Like they didn't have to click it.

jmood88

Fuck John McWhorter. He has been doing this shit for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom