• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love using grapplers, so I'm alright with it. Since R Mika's around, the chances of my dream choices getting play was never good (Alex and the absolutely no chancer Blair Dame).

cdyhybrid

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119204
Didn't get a redesign like the other returning guys. Wasn't favored much before either. People hate grapplers. Haggar and Hugo and Alex would have been much better choices since he was in the last one and they haven't. Got 2 other grapplers already in a small roster at the start etc etc etc

Ah, I see. I get that, but it's goddamn Zangief.

It would be like leaving Ken or Guile out.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Has a discussion about a mass shooting on a message board, or on the news, or in real life with people of differing opinions ever actually played out in a meaningful way?

Here's a quick PSA: fuck no it hasn't

Don't waste your time.
Haven't seen the sun in about 2 weeks but not too bad
Also I forgot to reply to this; I know that feeling. I've been on the night shift for 6 months and feel like a zombie.

Numb

Ah, I see. I get that, but it's goddamn Zangief.

It would be like leaving Ken or Guile out.

Ken got a new look and guile is out for now cos of Nash who is related.
People were more ok with him being out than most of the other classics it seems.

Ah, I see. I admit I don't follow the games that closely. I just have a general view that the original characters in a fighting game series should pretty much always be in.

I think Gief barely beats Ken out (I forgot about SF3), but he's been in damn near every game and crossover game.

Numb

Ah, I see. I admit I don't follow the games that closely. I just have a general view that the original characters in a fighting game series should pretty much always be in.

One of the biggest factors is the shrinking slots.
1 left for returning and 2 new. People get more edgy seeing the slots get taken by characters they don't care about. They will be hyped no matter who the new guys are but watch the salt over the last returning character. The salt will be even more no matter who it from everyone since the window gets closed for their character and most of the thread will salt other than the few who get lucky with it being their character. The more changes the character has with looks and moves the less salt tho.

One of the biggest factors is the shrinking slots.
1 left for returning and 2 new. People get more edgy seeing the slots get taken by characters they don't care about. They will be hyped no matter who the new guys are but watch the salt over the last returning character. The salt will be even more no matter who it from everyone since the window gets closed for their character and most of the thread will salt other than the few who get lucky with it being their character. The more changes the character has with looks and moves the less salt tho.
It's already been confirmed that there will be a steady supply of characters released after the game comes out. So these people need to chill tbh.

Numb

It's already been confirmed that there will be a steady supply of characters released after the game comes out. So these people need to chill tbh.
True.
DLC is an infinite well.
You could get any character and SF4 sure did add a ton of them.
SFV is gonna live a long life. Just a matter of time to get your dudes. Except EX guys.fuck

Numb

Don't think i ever seen a native american that didn't have feathers or paint in a fighter.
Thunder from Killer Instinct aswell. Even girls like the Changs in Tekken got the feathers.
Thunder looking like Chayton from Banshee

Don't think i ever seen a native american that didn't have feathers or paint in a fighter.
Thunder from Killer Instinct aswell. Even girls like the Changs in Tekken got the feathers.
Thunder looking like Chayton from Banshee

Thunder's alt costumes / music are great though

His "classic" costume was also deliberately modified to avoid being seen as stereotypical / offensive.

Numb

i can't believe Tina isn't in Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3!~!&@*^*(%

Marie rose got you covered on the blonde side. Not even gonna post a pic of that in here.
Where is Lisa tho seriously?
Thunder's alt costumes / music are great though

His "classic" costume was also deliberately modified to avoid being seen as stereotypical / offensive.
Everything about him is awesome.
His classic shirtless is badass.

Nightwolf is in MKX tho

in the story mode lolol
lol..shut up, you!
No Noob,no Kabal,No Smoke,No Cyrax.
Other than Predator it was bull.
So sad..after building up their stories in the prior game.
I mained Pichu in Melee, if that counts.

Also I mained Samus in SSB and Ganondorf in Brawl.

Literally all my mains were bottom-tier.
All jokes, man! As innocent as blaming me for the deaths of feral cats..
Nighthawlk and T Hawk, man black people talk about how video games do them dirty. But First Nations have a bigger beef
I kinda slightly feel bad..I would sing Thunders BGM anytime my kids would talk about their grandfather. Dude is central American, but he'd lose his shit when they told him I'd do that..kinda figured as much as he's called me nigger, why not? Defiantly on some bullshit tho, and I recognize that.

Feel terrible for lumping and being a dick. Fuck that asshole tho..

Numb

So sad..after building up their stories in the prior game.

They announced another batch of dlc guys so he might be in.
Saw some dudes hack the PC version to make one of the story guys who are unplayabe playable so the base is already probably there.
Think it was Rain,Baraka and Sindel.

They announced another batch of dlc guys so he might be in.
Saw some dudes hack the PC version to make one of the story guys who are unplayabe playable so the base is already probably there.
Think it was Rain,Baraka and Sindel.
Numb, I'm thinking I'm over paying $150 for a "full" game. Prices were ridiculous enough as a kid. Half the DLC is based on characters you fight in story mode BEFORE the first batch even released..fuck all that..

Slayven

Honestly, I think Nightwolf and T.Hawk are probably the least offensive natives in media.

144288-44643-american-eagle.jpg

Thank god they updated him to

tumblr_njjihddfbJ1u496xso1_1280.jpg

Numb

Numb, I'm thinking I'm over paying $150 for a "full" game. Prices were ridiculous enough as a kid. Half the DLC is based on characters you fight in story mode..Fuck all that..

Not a fan of dlc at all.Biggest reason i skipped over MKX plus my guys not being in.
Only dlc i ever got was Ryu for Smash and Lobo for Injustice and i still hate myself for it. Less with Ryu.
Atleast they are not already locked on disc. Capcom learned and now you can earn the dlc characters which is real nice.

andthebeatgoeson

Not a fan of dlc at all.Biggest reason i skipped over MKX plus my guys not being in.
Only dlc i ever got was Ryu for Smash and Lobo for Injustice and i still hate myself for it. Less with Ryu.
Atleast they are not already locked on disc. Capcom learned and now you can earn the dlc characters which is real nice.
I'm trying to remember the last dlc I bought. Oh wait, Mario kart. And I've played it once. Pfft, fuck dlc.

Numb

I'm trying to remember the last dlc I bought. Oh wait, Mario kart. And I've played it once. Pfft, fuck dlc.

Think i got too cos people were annoying me and wanted to play. Ofcourse the didn't play after playing once and haven't touched it since. Fighting game dlc just pisses me off more than any other dlc cos fighters are about characters. Might aswell sell graphics as dlc.

Only picked it up because my daughter wanted to play it and my son wanted to try it out before college..otherwise, I'd have skipped it. Bought injustice for like..$4? As long as they keep pulling that shit, that'll be how I buy.

akira28

i wish i was ... not even RICH ... but just had enough money to quit my job, buy a bus and drive around Alabama for 6 months registering people to vote.

so pissed off right now at that shit.

something like that could be kickstarted. some corporate sponsors and a squad of volunteers, and its done. there's the idea, now about the logistics...

Sou Da

Between the shit I went through today and Comcast patting themselves on the back for blessing with their gracious 300GB data cap, I'm about ready to drown myself in the tub.

Numb

Only picked it up because my daughter wanted to play it and my son wanted to try it out before college..otherwise, I'd have skipped it. Bought injustice for like..$4? As long as they keep pulling that shit, that'll be how I buy.

Injustass got it launched but should have known it was NRS and waiting for the Komplete edition was my best bet 8 months later with all the dlc.Will get MKX when the Komplete edition shows up and all NRS games going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom