• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Hilary Cliniton out here saying "Racism is America's original sin", that is the type of pandering i can get behind.

The original Original sin was Eve climbing trees for forbidden fruit and riding on some strange snake. That's like still humanity's favorite pastime.

1237899641_conan_punches_horse.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Imma go full outrage culture on "yaaaasssss" it's the stupidest thing ever.

It might make me stop saying "nigga" that's a fair trade for me.

Imma go full outrage culture on "yaaaasssss" it's the stupidest thing ever.

It might make me stop saying "nigga" that's a fair trade for me.
Where did that originate anyhow? Saw a video once with people saying it almost like mooing. It's..strange? Not Jandro twerking strange, but it's up there..
55pCK6.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
have we reached peak yaas?

Was it broad city that did it?
It was when my girlfriend started this shit. There is a distinct ratchet level I like to keep in this household. Yaaaasssss will not be tolerated. Leave that shit to Roy and pop gaf. I will leave my own ghettoness out the door if need be.

I'm looking for jobs since Nintendo pushed back my start date not once, not twice, but three times now. Told them to keep my name in their system but I ain't expecting to hear any good news from them next month.

I also saw that Keanu Reeves movie "Knock Knock." Why is Keanu producing and starring in snuff films?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm looking for jobs since Nintendo pushed back my start date not once, not twice, but three times now. Told them to keep my name in their system but I ain't expecting to hear any good news from them next month.

I also saw that Keanu Reeves movie "Knock Knock." Why is Keanu producing and starring in snuff films?
Nintendon't do that beef 😩😩😩😩

Slayven

is that one where he has sex with some random women that show up at his door?

akira28

something something sistergirls + gay culture

Nintendo treating your employment status like a not-for-export WiiU exclusive has got to be a bad sign. I hope not though.

Nintendon't do that beef 😩😩😩😩
Apparently Nintendo will ask the staffing companies they work with for X amount of people, and then sometimes they'll just go "lol actually we're gonna cancel this training seminar thanks anyways." Happened to my boy a couple years ago, and it's happening to me now.

At the very least, the lady I spoke to said she'd keep my name in their systems. This means that I'll still have a chance on the 2nd to do my training. She also said that she was going to forward my info to a bank that the staffing company also works for, and she told me to expect a call tomorrow or Wednesday. That's probably the only silver lining I got today.
is that one where he has sex with some random women that show up at his door?

Yeah, it's weird as fuck.

akira28

now now akira, I didn't single anyone out but roy...and pop gaf...and my girlfriend.

well cross over is gonna cross over is all I'm saying. You see it with your girlfriend, I see it in random comment sections across the entire internet. And pretty good odds all the basic beckies that have picked it up think it came from Broad City. lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Apparently Nintendo will ask the staffing companies they work with for X amount of people, and then sometimes they'll just go "lol actually we're gonna cancel this training seminar thanks anyways." Happened to my boy a couple years ago, and it's happening to me now.

At the very least, the lady I spoke to said she'd keep my name in their systems. This means that I'll still have a chance on the 2nd to do my training. She also said that she was going to forward my info to a bank that the staffing company also works for, and she told me to expect a call tomorrow or Wednesday. That's probably the only silver lining I got today.

Yeah, it's weird as fuck.

Well I know how that job thing goes beef so I wish the best for you ={{

Merc_

Hilary Cliniton out here saying "Racism is America's original sin", that is the type of pandering i can get behind.

I wonder if the 94 crime bill will be brought up? That was a pretty big fuck up for everyone involved. Bernie didn't seem to have any problem selling us down the river with the rest of the party at that time. It's especially bad since he knew better and did it anyway.

RedSwirl

I didn't even know about the situation in modern reservations until maybe a few years ago. For most of my life I kind of just assumed Native Americans kind of melted into the general population after the Indian Wars. Maybe that's what most people assume.

I wonder if the 94 crime bill will be brought up? That was a pretty big fuck up for everyone involved. Bernie didn't seem to have any problem selling us down the river with the rest of the party at that time. It's especially bad since he knew better and did it anyway.

I think pretty much the whole Democratic party is saying "our bad" in regards to that. Barack laid it out pretty well when he said it was sort of a culture of fear everyone got wrapped up with in during the early 90's. "Nobody ever lost an election by being too tough on crime."

AJLma

Just came across this podcast on a random google looking for something to listen to while I work. One of the most interesting, informative and honest discussions about the history of slavery and racism that I've heard. About an hour for both parts. I learned a lot, definitely worth a listen for anyone interested.

Part 1: http://afripod.aodl.org/2014/01/afripod-79/
Part 2: http://afripod.aodl.org/2014/02/afripod-80/

EDIT: And yo, that native american rap is raw as fuck.

Damn its been awhile since I had to upload shit on my computer but damn my upload speed is atrocious. I've been copying files at least 1 gb and its been going on for hours. But I downloaded them and it took me like 10 minutes tops. Damn it Cox get your shit together.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

movie is flat out terrible. It's more of dark comedy than a horror film, if you can call it a film.
Somebody needs to pay me for the time I just wasted on it.
Cant believe Eli Roth or Keanu was attached to this. How did this thing make it pass the concept phase or get funding ? Save your time, money and bandwidth. Hell, skip it when it comes to Netflix next year as well.

edit: Just to add on if you're a blood and gore hound then you will be very disappointed. Hostel this is not. Movie closer to something found on lifetime.

andthebeatgoeson

kids-for-cash judge gets 28 years.

I don't even remember this happening, nor hearing about it in major news. This shit is so broken...
It was a big story in philly. And it made the rounds. Unfortunately, the all-lives-matters group really only care about their own lives.

My theory is that people work too long and hard for peanuts. Their lives are shitty and they just want to get home to a beer and TV. No time to care about their fellow man. No time for protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom