• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samara

Ok so if you all remember this hair consultant called my hair negroid (or we don't carry products for negroid hair) on friday.

I went today looking to tell her what's up.....

beck-kanye.jpg

Couldn't do it.

I didn't know what to say to her because I really didn't want to get her fired. So I went to Marshall's for a bit to cool down.

I returned and lo and behold it was the manager there. I told her what happened and she was taken back by her employee. And that it was not the professional way to describe my hair. (while writting negroide on a post-it) and that she was very upset because she worked in an african beauty salon and never had to describe their hair as negroid. I I told her that I didn't want her fired, just educated on different kind of hair. A black person can have straight relaxed hair to the very most coly type. So to say nothing for negroid hair was so ignorant.

Anyway, glad I didn't let it sit. I usually get annoyed or upset when people describe my hair as ''mixed'' or that I did something magic. But negroid tops it.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
I only eat Churches. *SCUST at Popeyes* Give me that extra grease cooked at the right temperature that touches my soul at Churches. Next thing I know people are going to tell me they like White Castle. This is America and I demand 'Merican sized portions not that White Castle shit.

I knew you was a lost cause.

Anyone watching the democratic debates tonight? I'm probably going to miss it because of class, but I bet you the second minorities get mentioned GAF blots out the sun.

What anime is this from?

I only eat Churches. *SCUST at Popeyes* Give me that extra grease cooked at the right temperature that touches my soul at Churches. Next thing I know people are going to tell me they like White Castle. This is America and I demand 'Merican sized portions not that White Castle shit.

Aren't Churches and White Castle owned by the same company? I've often seen Churches and White Castle as a twin fast food joint. A shared building, that is.

Is this the first female with a "mental illness"?

"Female"? Really?

And this is not the first attempted school shooting by a young woman. The Boomtown Rats song "I Don't Like Mondays" was inspired by

Wikipedia said:
...the shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children in a school playground at Grover Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego, California, USA on 29 January 1979, killing two adults and injuring eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime and her full explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day".

Trey

Anyone watching the democratic debates tonight? I'm probably going to miss it because of class, but I bet you the second minorities get mentioned GAF blots out the sun.

can't wait. gonna be super boring but this is probably the only time I'll be interested in the democratic primary till like a week before election season begins.

Bubba T

Yo was up?
Senior thesis middterm went well. Though one girl was late and failed. Like damn

Damn, just went ahead and (probably) killed any chance of getting a decent grade.

I went and met with the professor for business tax. I asked her about the last exam we took and the class average was a D+...even lower than our last exam. How brutal are her exams? I missed three questions (multiple choice) and ended up with a C+. LOL.

D i Z

I'm going to watch. It's not going to be as insane as the GOP event, but should still be fuel enough for weeks of forum nonsense.

Aren't Churches and White Castle owned by the same company? I've often seen Churches and White Castle as a twin fast food joint. A shared building, that is.

"Female"? Really?

And this is not the first attempted school shooting by a young woman. The Boomtown Rats song "I Don't Like Mondays" was inspired by

Originally Posted by Wikipedia

...the shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children in a school playground at Grover Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego, California, USA on 29 January 1979, killing two adults and injuring eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime and her full explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day".

Ah, now I remember this. I was a little too young to understand the controversy because of the song at the time though.

wiki said:
In some areas, Church's is co-franchised with the White Castle hamburger chain. In Canada, Church's Chicken items were once available in Harvey's restaurants, but the co-venture was discontinued.

Village

Damn, just went ahead and (probably) killed any chance of getting a decent grade.

I went and met with the professor for business tax. I asked her about the last exam we took and the class average was a D+...even lower than our last exam. How brutal are her exams? I missed three questions (multiple choice) and ended up with a C+. LOL.

The prof we got brutal as shit. But I feel her though, she like

" yo fam i'm not bout to send you all out here to be starving artists and shit yall need to get fucking jobs, one of your assignments is to research that shit. Also i teach the mandatory class you have to take that teaches you how to get a fucking job, get fucking job"

i'm paraphrasing, but that is the jist

Slayven

Known of his bullshit for over a decade, but he's seriously ramped it up to a thousand for a couple of years now..

When he shitted out his book he was doing weird interviews on how nasty Beyonce was, but you could tell he was lusting after her to.

That and he rides with the duggars.

I'm kinda mad I missed out on over half of the debate because of an emergency call from a friend. Whatever.

Wanted to read the reactions from people on BLM, but eh.

Slayven

I can't believe that nigga on national tv running for President said "It was my first day and my dad died, that is why i fucked up"

Gattsu25

Banned
I missed this part, what was the context?

Why did you vote for a bill that you now disagree with.

Basically his dog ate his homework, he was late due to traffic, his car broke down, and...hey... it's not like people expect politicians to READ the things they vote for, right?

right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom