• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

yJWFqy1.png

GUPNUla.png

0sMetna.png

Merc_

gotta say, I liked Bernie's answer in response to #blacklivesmatter. Looks like he took the criticism seriously.

He was the only one that actually said those words exactly. It's really cool, I just wish his supporters weren't such a bunch of thick headed assholes.

He was the only one that actually said those words exactly. It's really cool, I just wish his supporters weren't such a bunch of thick headed assholes.

If they understood that you're supposed to improve your campaign, not attack potential voters, Bernie would have WAY more supporters.

Clinton Supporters did this in 2008. And that's why she's trying to become president again instead of winning it.

Some of Black Twitter is on this #EarnMyVoteorLose hashtag mainly saying that if none of the Dem candidates appeal to them they aren't voting. Seems...counterproductive. I get the notion but that is way too idealistic for me.

Trey

only thing I didn't like from Bernie other than guns was his "My campaign is funded by real grassroots!" boasting. It reminds of a dude selling a mixtape, and you should listen to it because it's "real rap, not that shit you hear on the radio."

Some of Black Twitter is on this #EarnMyVoteorLose hashtag mainly saying that if none of the Dem candidates appeal to them they aren't voting. Seems...counterproductive. I get the notion but that is way too idealistic for me.
Absolutely counterproductive..also a guarantee for the wrong folks to win. What then?

Eh two counterpoints to the counterproductive thing.

1) They aren't saying not to vote locally, which frankly can be even more important than the presidential.

2) It's up to the party to get people to vote, to appeal to them through clear policy and such, not (just) the pressure of a Republican Doomsday. If the Democrats fail to do that, that's on them. Not on the voters.

Regardless I'm voting anyway. Because I'm super pragmatic.

1) They aren't saying not to vote locally, which frankly can be even more important than the presidential.

2) It's up to the party to get people to vote, to appeal to them through clear policy and such, not (just) the pressure of a Republican Doomsday. If the Democrats fail to do that, that's on them. Not on the voters.

Number one isn't a real counterpoint. We know they're talking strictly presidential.

And it is still counterproductive regardless to allow the chance for someone completely against your interests to win. Pragmatism over idealism.

Merc_

Regardless I'm voting anyway. Because I'm super pragmatic.

Yeah, same.

I get being tired of our votes being taken for granted, but I can't live with someone like Trump or Carson winning because I wanted to make a point. I have no problem voting for Hillary or Bernie.

Trey

Abstaining from voting does nothing productive. If you don't fuck with any candidate, write some one in. Or get candidates to change their views. It's 2015, you can reach a candidate easier than ever before in history.

I thought Bernie did very well in this debate. I am definitely leaning towards him for my vote honestly. I feel that he is very passionate on wanting to help those that aren't as fortunate get to a much better place.

Abstaining from voting does nothing productive. If you don't fuck with any candidate, write some one in. Or get candidates to change their views. It's 2015, you can reach a candidate easier than ever before in history.

Yup.

I use to be on the no vote squad too when I first turned 18 and saw how garbage the lineup was, but since I've moved and seen how much people know about the other side and votes Republican because of some emails or Dems nerfing the military/taking away guns, but fails to learn how little of their views will actually help them or they just don't care for them and are practically being bought out, I think I'm going to at least help make noise so we can get acknowledged and maybe the next president can change these people's minds and attitudes.

That's some funny hit and run race shit..nice.

So yeah, Jesse The Body Ventura on the Larry Wilmore show talking about possibly running for president. Fuck it..why not? Everyone else is..

D i Z

That's some funny hit and run race shit..nice.

So yeah, Jesse The Body Ventura on the Larry Wilmore show talking about possibly running for president. Fuck it..why not? Everyone else is..

I got a laugh out of it.

Jesse thinking about running confirms my fear that the GOP clusterfuck kicked the gates wide open for all the loons to crawl out of the woodwork and show their asses to the entire world.

This is fucked up. I can easily be in a bunch of these pictures. I like my hobo look, and spent time in Georgetown every morning two years ago..I tell you.
I googled "daily show breitbart" trying to find it and all that came up were breitbart "articles" on the daily show...
Shit was hilarious. It'll be up by morning. I wanted to post it and the the guest on Larry Wilmore, but no luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom