• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

I call bullshit on them being in your face. Jayden is only found on twitter and Karshdians are only on E and housewives gossip shit. They are in your face because folks want to know about them

I agree on Jayden, I disagree on the Kardashians. I don't watch the E! channel and never watched a single episode of their shows, but I know everything about their family from daily news and urban radio (including the ones that aren't dating brothers). Now obviously that's my fault for still getting my news from TV and listening to hip hop radio like Hot97 and Power in 2015, but I get why people go #NoOneGivesADamnAboutYourEmails on the Kardashian family.

Evening fam. I have a follow up question about Halo 5.
I'm really considering picking up a X1 for it but, i find multiplayer games on my own very boring.
So what i would be looking for is a consistent nightly, or near nightly (you guys know what i mean, if i come online i can throw you guys a message and join) group to play with, if i got one.

Are enough of you guys getting it, and would be down for something like that. ?

There'll be a Halo 5 OT even though HaloGAF proper is dead, and HaloENT is one of the most active threads on the forum. Bare minimum you should be able to pull LFGs at a pretty consistent pace. I don't play too often due to my schedule, but in my Halo site staff's group of 7 they're running games nearly every night. It's also a plus that Campaign has more or less replicated the co-op experience, just without the terribad uncles using the good controllers and the LIVE shitbirds shouting racial epithets.

EDIT: That being said, if you have no attachment yet I'd recommend holding off on a Bone until Black Friday and H5G until around Christmas. The progressive stream of free content should have the game running "in full" by Christmas bare minimum (think Splatoon's content model), and Christmas will also see that the game gets a solid population spike.

Dereck

Like if they really bother you so much why concern yourself with them. Besides Jayden is kool.
dQWzFBU.png

Sou Da

How are we gonna get Bethesda and every other motherfucking game developer to read this article? http://kotaku.com/the-natural-the-trouble-portraying-blackness-in-video-1736504384

You get three options when you make a character look like you: the fade, the comical afro, and sometimes cornrows. I can't even find mods for this shit in Fallout, and you know it's gonna be more of the same shit in Fallout 4.

Not gonna lie the reasons for this likely come down to: Hair in video games is hard and the black hairstyles that are put in games are ones that they could see a lot of different players using.

The fade is most likely a token hairstyle. EDIT: Shit, the fact that you can't find mods for that speak to my point.

How are we gonna get Bethesda and every other motherfucking game developer to read this article? http://kotaku.com/the-natural-the-trouble-portraying-blackness-in-video-1736504384

You get three options when you make a character look like you: the fade, the comical afro, and sometimes cornrows. I can't even find mods for this shit in Fallout, and you know it's gonna be more of the same shit in Fallout 4.

one more reason to stick to corn rows... because game devs are lame as fuck!

Yep. It comes down to the majority in the industry being white or Japanese and they frankly don't really care and subconsciously just put in the ones they think black people only have. I complained about this in GTA V with my white friend and he said it's not like black people have many hairstyles. I had to correct him on that

Yep. It comes down to the majority in the industry being white or Japanese and they frankly don't really care and subconsciously just put in the ones they think black people only have. I complained about this in GTA V with my white friend and he said it's not like black people have many hairstyles. I had to correct him on that

Should have been like "well white people don't have that many either. Everything's just variations on a bun, the Golden Retriever or the Labradoodle"

akira28

I call bullshit on them being in your face. Jayden is only found on twitter and Karshdians are only on E and housewives gossip shit. They are in your face because folks want to know about them

Theyre in our faces because they're a known quantity associated with wealth, glamour, fame, fashion, and everything they have on their bodies or hold in their hands is for sale somewhere. They're the walking American dream, reality tv mixed with living commercials, and they're more beautiful than the unwashed masses. So vendors like to see them in the media. Before Kardashian Co made a deal with Rupert Murdoch's media to appear in his papers almost daily, you rarely saw them anywhere outside of E! unless there was some fuckery going on. Most of the news was bad news. Then they became a brand, with a TV show, websites, fashion lines, and games. Now you can see them everywhere. And it's not because the people asked for it. Its because of the current climate, and they're safe as a a seedy corner house.

not Jayden though, he's still just jokes. Like KKs used to be.

one more reason to stick to corn rows... because game devs are lame as fuck!

shit. my dude had thee conk. Up in 1950's future apocalyptic hellhole looking sharp.

Sou Da

Get someone to watch your kids and them make them pay out of pocket for some fucking pizza they didn't even want just because you don't want your kids eating Jamaican food for some reason, brehs.

Know what goes with everything? Rough Ryder Anthem, you know some doctor has had that played while doing heart surgery.
I just find it hilarious that this song goes with ANYTHING, except a co-star. Not even a star..just a co-star. Meanwhile, in "the only one of y'all on camera is a zombie" world..oh shit! My bad..

Shy

There'll be a Halo 5 OT even though HaloGAF proper is dead, and HaloENT is one of the most active threads on the forum. Bare minimum you should be able to pull LFGs at a pretty consistent pace. I don't play too often due to my schedule, but in my Halo site staff's group of 7 they're running games nearly every night. It's also a plus that Campaign has more or less replicated the co-op experience, just without the terribad uncles using the good controllers and the LIVE shitbirds shouting racial epithets.
Yeah, but i thinking more playing with my fam (you guys) then others.
EDIT: That being said, if you have no attachment yet I'd recommend holding off on a Bone until Black Friday and H5G until around Christmas. The progressive stream of free content should have the game running "in full" by Christmas bare minimum (think Splatoon's content model), and Christmas will also see that the game gets a solid population spike.
I live in the UK, so no black friday.
"GRRRRRRRRR. WHAT?! WHAT?!" is a pretty timeless concept
don't forget "X GONNA GIVE TO YA!" people like to get things.
DMX made a lot of music that goes with smoking crack, it just has amazing crossover potential.
086oWBm.jpg

The dude literally told his son that he rather smoke a rock then see him, and he did it live on tv.
xHqsn3M.gif

How can you say that to your own child man.

Numb

Nakazato

Big test tomorrow. Girls in the hospital. Told my boss about it. Still going to test tomorrow but if I don't make a 60+ I dont lose my job and have to retest .... If I make a 70 I keep my job and don't have to retest. Brehs I'm scared.

Thnaks for the link. Honestly, black hairstyles should be even easier to implement but yeah, most devs aren't even thinking about them. Kind of interested in that book too.

Numb

Big test tomorrow. Girls in the hospital. Told my boss about it. Still going to test tomorrow but if I don't make a 60+ I dont lose my job and have to retest .... If I make a 70 I keep my job and don't have to retest. Brehs I'm scared.
sCshJhG.gif

Keep it tight and hope you make it breh
Thnaks for the link. Honestly, black hairstyles should be even easier to implement but yeah, most devs aren't even thinking about them. Kind of interested in that book too.

Hair choices are so little you just gotta go with a hat or not make yourself sometimes. Sad.
So rare that you get to play as yourself.

Numb

I just go nuts or something amusing if i cant do what i want. My BB guy was that white dude on the train with the Katana lol.

Numb

Always gotta go with that black chick+white hair combo when playing females. Will see one day why they are so popular if i do this enough i believe. Although Toukiden's darkest skin color wasnt even slightly dark brown lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom