• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I want this sweater.
*The patteren is very early 90s.

*I'm not judging fam.
Hilary will end her presidency with "I picked Monica for Bill bitches"
ZbzthBm.png

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I don't want to say anything too coonish but between Numb's stories and watching beast sometimes you gotta appreciate this American life.

andthebeatgoeson

That Coli thread about the girl in Cleveland who stole a phone, took a whole bunch of NSFW pics without removing the owners Google backup... Just

Ew.

lol looking at google news and i had the thought of looking up Raven's Wiki, doesn't list her race but you click her girlfriend and it straight up says all 3 of her's

Numb

I don't want to say anything too coonish but between Numb's stories and watching beast sometimes you gotta appreciate this American life.
Intent to amuse but turns crazy in the middle most of the time with them.
Getting the American life treatment here tho for the first time in acouple of years in this area.
Girl had her phone stolen and said it looked like a tall,man with a hat who was maybe dark or perhaps even black.
Yay! we getting there.

Probably making a mistake by posting this link (probably NSFW): https://twitter.com/Silly_Genius/media
It's all good. Most of what is NSFW is usually good for life.
That was good. Wanted it to include fighting games but it was more creation related this time.
Fighters can have an entire episode tho since the characters are usually just based around stereotypes that fly under the radar way more than other genres do.
I am sure they got alot to say.

Merc_

Holy shit at those numbers for Bernie among black voters after the debate. I thought he would get a small bump up after it, but it looks like they didn't care for him at all.

The people getting mad over NBA 2k16 will always make me laugh. They didn't even get the full non-white gamer experience yet they still lost their minds.
Shit is hilarious..never matters until it happens to you.
Holy shit at those numbers for Bernie among black voters after the debate. I thought he would get a small bump up after it, but it looks like they didn't care for him at all.
Wonder if it'll change his focus. Guessing his (crazier) supporters will get even angrier at BLM..

Merc_

From the debate thread:

add another one

http://opinionsavvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Dem-National-10.14.15.pdf

Voting preference:
Clinton: 47.8%
Sanders: 25.2%
Biden: 12.0%

African-American breakdown for the above:
Clinton: 69.0%
Sanders: 3.9%
Biden: 15.3%

Winner of the debate:
Clinton: 55.2%
Sanders: 31.7%

African-American breakdown for the above:
Clinton: 76.2%
Sanders: 11.9%

Age 18-29 breakdown for the above:
Clinton: 13.8%
Sanders: 81.9%

Trey

From the debate thread:

sounds about right. The Clintons been a meme in black culture for decades. Niggas didn't even watch the debate, they going off name recognition. I don't think there's much Sanders can do about that, unless someone whose influence extends beyond twitter really bigs him up.

Slayven

sounds about right. The Clintons been a meme in black culture for decades. Niggas didn't even watch the debate, they going off name recognition. I don't think there's much Sanders can do about that, unless someone whose influence extends beyond twitter really bigs him up.

So Ja Rule needs to rep him?

RedSwirl

I just got done watching this "Winter On Fire" thing on Netflix about the Kiev protests and it got me thinking about other protests that happen all over the world. The one question that keeps going through my mind in all of these is "what's going through the heads of the police?" The documentary doesn't try to answer that question at all but I keep thinking about it when protests happen or when fictional depictions of protests get made.

I mean, in heavily racialized situations like Ferguson and Baltimore I think that's a fairly simple question. But in many situations, including Kiev, the police are of the same race and I assume the same social class as the protesters, and this situation seems to occur a lot. Maybe you could also apply it to New York during Occupy Wall Street. The only case where I saw any insight into this was Syria where parts of the military actually started defecting after being ordered to fire upon their own people by a government largely run by a different ethnic group.

Is the Blue Wall really that thick? Do the police really think of themselves as a separate society like the military does?

Kreed

From the debate thread:

Quoting myself:

Keep in mind that if you read CDX's link, you'll see that the majority of the black people polled were over the age of 30, with almost 50% being between the ages of 45-64. A little over 6% were in the 18-29 demographic. So these older black voters that "truly" remember Bill Clinton and Hilary Clinton's time in the white house are going to be harder for Bernie to sway away, especially with the BLM movement which is mostly social media driven.

andthebeatgoeson

I actually understand my calc 3 homework. So this is what leveling up feels like. Now I just need to get the hang of physics.
I'll give a little credit now. But if you remember any of it in 10 years, I'll give you dap.
From the debate thread:
Quick, someone correlate those 18-29 numbers with older black voters and how much they don't care about BLM. So we can show people we are not a monolith. And that Bernie is fighting against the grain for all minority voters.
There is another major obstacle: very few Democrats are supporting him. He's an independent. He's not getting endorsed by super delegates. So, all minorities, all super delegates... And they blame it on the black people.
Quoting myself:
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Besides Slay and Alf, everyone here is under 40. BLM support won't solve the Bernie situation.

Slayven

So in Japan they decided to create a ninja based on America, keep in mind he is suppose to look like a rocket.

latest

The implications are unfortiante

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom