• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

That is what gets me he gave away damn near all the money he got from the sell of Lucasarts. But because dude wanted to edit his work folks want his head and get butthurt.

Can you hate a family man like this?

rs_560x415-140103172212-1024.lucas.cm.1413_copy.jpg

You know he knows how to play spades

I think a lot of the prequel profits went to charity too. Need to find confirmation on that.

And he made Red Tails.

And had to fight like a motherfucker to even get it made.

Oh damn, I didn't know Lucas was married to a black woman. I had to google that shit. I heard today that seats are already sold out for the new Star Wars. Can someone really familiar with the franchise tell me what it is about Star Wars that attracts so many people? I've only seen the last 30 minutes of Attack of the Clones.

andthebeatgoeson

Need that coli of him smiling. Looks gone.
Boyega is about to have his life changed. Am excite.

well then.
Brah has me hyped.
Oh damn, I didn't know Lucas was married to a black woman. I had to google that shit. I heard today that seats are already sold out for the new Star Wars. Can someone really familiar with the franchise tell me what it is about Star Wars that attracts so many people? I've only seen the last 30 minutes of Attack of the Clones.
I'm not a fan like other people but 4, 5 and 6 are a good start.

Good God.........

4, 5 & to a lesser extent 6 are GOAT sci-fi fantasy

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think a lot of the prequel profits went to charity too. Need to find confirmation on that.

Dunno how much of it as a bunch he kept reinvesting into the company out of business necessity, but he's done a lot of charity stuff pre-retirement as well as funding his own educational foundation. In the few moments I had working with him (or rather, being in the room with him during meetings), he's pretty down to earth. He can get pretty demanding sure, but lots of bosses are.

I have one gunia pig, if you don't clean that cage every 4 to 7 days it gets rank. And I don;t even want to talk about the time we found out lettuce gives gunia pigs mud butt.
LOL That sounds awful. Now imagine not bathing and having all them critters on you..that you probably wipe as well..the smells..
tumblr_inline_npl6adbpsx1t4hqdk_500.gif

Slayven

LOL That sounds awful. Now imagine not bathing and having all them critters on you..that you probably wipe as well..the smells..
tumblr_inline_npl6adbpsx1t4hqdk_500.gif

Shit I known people like this. at my old job that was this lady that a billion cats and smell like pure goddamn everyday and her clothes all had cat hair on them. And she would always tried to bring food for people to eat.

Shit I known people like this. at my old job that was this lady that a billion cats and smell like pure goddamn everyday and her clothes all had cat hair on them. And she would always tried to bring food for people to eat.
Oh shit..check this:

Get these when you return the terrible ones. This is what I have and I quite like them.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Microfiber-Sheet-Set/17038277

Do they have them in black? I can't have white sheets because I don't bathe.

giphy.gif

RedSwirl

In 1977 Star Wars more or less created the current era of event-based blockbuster mega movies. It kind of ended a long period where most movies were contemplative art films or whatever. You could say it invented the modern summer blockbuster, or perhaps revived it after the early periods of film.

Slayven

In 1977 Star Wars more or less created the current era of event-based blockbuster mega movies. It kind of ended a long period where most movies were contemplative art films or whatever. You could say it invented the modern summer blockbuster, or perhaps revived it after the early periods of film.

and a resurge of scifi movies.

Trey

Jaws.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I did not expect that airline seat recline thread to blow up like it did. Or at least as fast as it did. Guess I should've known better.

Numb

Shit..if you're saying that..lol

I should improve my image lol.
Real talk: The straight man of my group irl. Everything weird i learned from them but keep it hidden. Introduced anime and all that nonsense to me.
Gaf just became the default outlet for that weirdness. sorry.
Not surprised it's hard to believe.

Furyous

Can you hate a family man like this?

rs_560x415-140103172212-1024.lucas.cm.1413_copy.jpg

You know he knows how to play spades

Wait, George Lucas contributing to the diaspora now? Guess I'll give this Star Wars movie a chance then. Historically, I've been a hater but now that people are up in arms about black Jedi I think it's safe to see what the hype is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom