• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

number47

Coming back from a thing in the bus and this old white lady is giving me the dehumanizing death stare. Don't know why. Time for her to get off and comes towards the exit near me even when there is one closer to her. Spewing some nonsense as i keep listening to some tunes on the phone too tired to give her the fuck off look. Gets off locking eyes. So tired of this shit now. It's only old white ladies with me and i don't know why.
Too tired. Wish i cared enough to remove my headphones while she was talking with her back to me looking in my eyes like Akuma or something. This is what you get living near 2 huge buildings meant for old people. Never happened before i got to this area.
tired so sleeping

Should of blasted bump and grind while staring into her eyes.

Providing youre attractive of course.

Numb

I would honestly move if there are better places, if you are in the position to (and if this sounds like a big issue for you). I can't stand shit like that and probably cause a scene sooner or later. If there is one thing I learned from being away from family, you don't want what you call home to be uncomfortable for you or you don't feel "free." Home should be where stress, or any negativity, doesn't enter and this extends out into your immediate area as well. You shouldn't have to put up with old people giving you looks.

Something not so similar I have going on is my annoying ass coworker, who is close friends with my roommate who is also annoying at times, loves to come over our house and say the most snarkiest, sarcastic shit towards me just for him to notice her or whatever. She pulls the same shit at work and other people have seen her shit. She also parrots the Bernie fandom bullshit as well as the nice cake icing on all of this. It is what I deserve, though. I had the greatest idea of going in head first with four other roommates and didn't bother to see who I had to deal with...all because I was trying to save money on rent. After the lease goes up next year, I'm probably going to get my own place with the quickness unless things change, but it probably won't. Not many people here are aware of how they behave and what goes on around them, but they love to play the asshole. Unsurprisingly, it's all the people who grew up in privileged lives.
Yeah i should probably think into doing that. Haven't been in one place this long ever(4yrs).
Funny thing is i had a part time job at one of the buildings helping the much older people. The dudes are really cool and don't care much at all. Don't say nothing or a really chatty so you hang with them more taking them outside,reading the newspaper for them etc. The ladies on the other hand are always freaked out. Giving you looks and going into alert state when you enter the room even when they were talking loudly prior. Tried to feed one of them food one time and went like you think. It's just the ladies and mostly just with me and still don't know why. Happened just a few times over those years tho so it was alright. Tensions are really rising now tho due to the refugee crisis and people's houses are getting burned,they setting burning crosses outside,harassings etc.If the tolerant Sweden is like this then it must be just as bad or worse in the other countries that are receiving way more. So if you ain't blonde with blue eyes your chances of catching some heat have risen from almost nothing to something.
old people need to chill.

Should of blasted bump and grind while staring into her eyes.

Providing youre attractive of course.
lol

akira28

he's basically telling them "yo, if you shoot people, I can cover your asses. suspect had a gun, commited "suicide by cop". remember that."

And yet, you mustn't cause any kind civil disobedience. right. RIGHT. ? *sigh*

nope. we don't listen to the folks who say that. I'm about to forward a motion to remove law enforcement voices from the conversation entirely.

they're tools. hammers, nails, not mouthpieces. They shouldn't have a say or get a say.

oh on Once Upon A Time last week, Lancelot (who's black) seems to have a thing for Guinevere
e459488100274091c07fdc9877068265.jpg

He's alive again? He popped up for a minute in an early season and they killed him.

Speaking of which, anyone ever read Sir Gawain & The Green Knight? It's literally just a giant green motherfucker interrupting the roundtable knights while they're playing spades and going "Y'all niggas ain't shit."
I haven't read it since grade school but that sounds about right.

andthebeatgoeson

Dis nigga said, 'homeslice'. Dahell?

“Homeslice pulled the gun out on him,” Nisbet can be heard saying. “He pulled the gun out right in the repo man’s face and I was like, ‘Oh hell, no.’ Because I don’t put up with that bull----. The last guy who pulled a gun out on a cop — you know, I ruled that (expletive) suicide-by-cop — because if you pull a gun out on me I'm going to shoot your a--.”

andthebeatgoeson

southern coroners in some towns have turned out to be good ole boy types that have been pivotal in coverups and keeping the status quo in place.
I'm pretty sure that's what happened for these kid found rolled up in the gym mat. And the random people found hung by a tree (the kid who had on different sneakers).

Someone needs to put Anthony Mackie in cryostasis or something...

Article in the Daily Beast by Jen Yamato said:
For years, and just a few years ago, Mackie dreamed of playing Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman eventually landed the role, signing a five-picture deal). But despite his interest in the character, and perhaps because of his investment in the company, he shies away from joining in on the call to hire an African-American helmer behind the camera on the MCU’s first stand-alone black superhero movie.

“I don’t think it’s important at all,” he says. “As a director your job is to tell a story. You know, they didn’t get a horse to direct Seabiscuit! The thing is I don’t think the race of the director has to do with their ability to tell a story. I think it’s all about the director’s ability to be able to relate to that story and do it justice. I think men can direct women, and two of my greatest work experiences were with female directors. So I think it all depends. May the best man—or woman—win.”

Full article here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/22/anthony-mackie-talks-marvel-dictators-and-how-republicans-suppress-the-vote.html?via=twitter_page

RedSwirl

Huh.

I just found out that no matter what you do in Fallout 3's character creation, the player character's mother is always black. You never see it in the game, but she has a picture in New Vegas and a fully defined character model in the files of Fallout 3.

royalan

The character Junior on Blackish reminds me so much of myself at that age. Goofy, dorky, the "embarrassment" of the family. A soft Steve Urkel.

Until I went to college and got turned out by the miracle of black dick.

Slayven

The character Junior on Blackish reminds me so much of myself at that age. Goofy, dorky, the "embarrassment" of the family. A soft Steve Urkel.

Until I went to college and got turned out by the miracle of black dick.

Now you just get turned out by the Pop Princess that is Tori Kelly

karasu

I watched 12 Monkey's earlier and noticed two separate black people had lines in the same scene. I've watched a lot of movies this year and for whatever reason that shit seemed significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom