• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rembrandt

Banned
Watching European gaf fall over themselves with their firmly established yet often denied culture of xenophobic and racist issues, instead of backseat supporting the racists in America is interesting.

yeah, even here, i think a lot of people forget how bad islamophobia is there.

SMFH

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/marie-holmes-powerball-winner-unlucky/2015/10/22/id/697474/

Remember the powerball winner that had to keep bailing out her boyfriend AND fund his mixtape?

what the fuck is wrong with her? let that nigga rot in jail, take that money and move away from him. you're rich now, girl, come find me.

Schattenjäger;182931881 said:
It was tongue in cheek
And I don't recall that exchange

i'm mad.

Schattenjäger;182933558 said:
Everyone in this thread throws around the term fam even non-negros

i'm upset.

Rembrandt

Banned
I didn't even know that phobia was so widespread there until the Paris attacks at the beginning of this year.

idk how it compares to the US, but it seems way more outward there or at least consistently so. ours seems to show in regard to shit like mosques by one world trade center.

D i Z

Glenn ded.

Nah.

idk how it compares to the US, but it seems way more outward there or at least consistently so. ours seems to show in regard to shit like mosques by one world trade center.

They're on a few levels up, getting violent with the Islamophobia. The" Islamification of Europe" is a fear that is gaining tremendous movement and is pretty much unchecked, especially now with the massive migration happening. Shit is going to get really ugly, really fast.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
They had the Talking Dead talk show after the broadcast and it's pretty clear he's not dead. The creator even mentions we will see Glenn again, but says it "could" be flashbacks to throw people off.
What a cop out. AFAIK in the comics
he's dead once killed and doesn't come back. Just ruins all punch if they just act like it never happened.

Kreed

What a cop out. AFAIK in the comics
he's dead once killed and doesn't come back. Just ruins all punch if they just act like it never happened.

I've read the comic spoiler and for clarity for comic readers, his "death" in the show last night is no where near what happened in the comics. In the episode, he and another "annoying" character are on top of a dumpster surrounded by walkers and the other character decides to shoot himself in the head and kill himself (I believe this is an original character and not someone from the comics). After shooting himself, the character falls onto Glenn and the both of them fall off of the dumpster into the group of walkers. We then see a quick shot of what looks like Glenn's stomach being eaten before switching scenes, but this could actually be the other character being eaten on top of Glenn by the way the camera is framed. So many are speculating Glenn will escape this way, but this would still be really ridiculous due to the number of walkers in the scene (it's like a crowd at a concert).

Numb

Japan,making sports hype.With anime!

1490792064397069895.gif

Would 100% watch atleast a 200 ep Fist of the north star looking sports anime in this style.
That music.

Enzom21

They had the Talking Dead talk show after the broadcast and it's pretty clear he's not dead. The creator even mentions we will see Glenn again, but says it "could" be flashbacks to throw people off.
If they aren't flashbacks then they must think viewers are morons. I still prefer the Negan death though.
Black car, black face, all black errthang.

They can use this "African" makeup.
costume-shop.jpg

Numb

If they aren't flashbacks then they must think viewers are morons. I still prefer the Negan death though.

costume-shop.jpg

Don't understand why they gotta look like other races even by skin tone when cosplaying.
Black people and everyone else just leave it at the costume. You don't gotta look white to pull off Indiana Jones.
Waiting to see white or even blackface Finns

Numb

Why are raoh and toki playing football?
Or rugby?
It's the best ain't it. Japan hosting rugby ad or something.
Toki just working like a train and Raoh with that defense.
I wish they showed what Kenshiro was about to do.
Hokuto No Rugby. The greatest anime that never was.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's the best ain't it. Japan hosting rugby ad or something.
Toki just working like a train and Raoh with that defense.
I wish they showed what Kenshiro was about to do.
Hokuto No Rugby. The greatest anime that never was.

Honestly, i want to see madhouse take a stab at eyeshield 21.

Numb

Honestly, i want to see madhouse take a stab at eyeshield 21.

Yep.
They could finish where the anime left off. (didn't cover all the manga if i remember correctly)
Don't know if they would do a full remake from the start.
One outs was pretty nice but it wasn't about the hype.

Kreed

Don't understand why they gotta look like other races even by skin tone when cosplaying.
Black people and everyone else just leave it at the costume. You don't gotta look white to pull off Indiana Jones.
Waiting to see white or even blackface Finns

Ethnic groups shouldn't be costumes to begin with. We're people not outfits.

andthebeatgoeson

Homeboy found himself an old box of Karl Kani paisley shirts and asked if it was ugly. Everything that is old is new again. I'm about to ask him to shave his neckbeard into a high top fade and do the kid and play.

Compare Europe to like 20+ mini-USAs, each with their own history, shady politicians, propaganda and prejudices from several (internal and external) wars and i think you'll have a more clearer picture of how it is here.

And yes, there's lot of idiots in Europe downplaying the state of islamophobia around here, just like there are many idiots on the US saying that racism is over.

RedSwirl

costume-shop.jpg

I think I'm on candy give-out duty full-time this year. I'm just hoping I don't see any of this shit.

Numb

But how did you get your stuff into the new house? Just fucking with ya.

Moving is the worse and probably why I would stay in the current house for 20 years and just build an addition or mother in law suite or something.

New area,people,food,culture,entertainment.
The act itself is annoying but the result is amazing. Unless you want to stay where you are.
Moved so much and can't even remember what friend is from what area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom