• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

They can use this "African" makeup.

Please tell me that's a photo from like a decade ago :(

Japan,making sports hype.With anime!
Would 100% watch atleast a 200 ep Fist of the north star looking sports anime in this style.
That music.

I don't watch that much sports anime but there's no question some excellent sports anime have been made over the years. Seems like it would be a ripe vein to mine for Western cartoons but alas, we seem content to explore a relatively narrow range of topics overhear. Or at least narrative types rather than topics? Maybe genres is the word I'm looking for.

Slayven

Even the comics?

Saddly I lost my collection about 2 moves ago. Left in some boxes outside when it rained. The only things I got left

$_1.JPG

There are 4 of them each of them are the size of an 360

Numb

Please tell me that's a photo from like a decade ago :(

I don't watch that much sports anime but there's no question some excellent sports anime have been made over the years. Seems like it would be a ripe vein to mine for Western cartoons but alas, we seem content to explore a relatively narrow range of topics overhear. Or at least narrative types rather than topics? Maybe genres is the word I'm looking for.

Sports anime and action/mech genre are one of those you can't be satisfied with just the manga so i have to watch them.
It would be a great way to introduce people to sports especially ones they know nothing about and are played in other countries. They usually tend to follow a single team so you get more than just athletes going for the win.

The same day I finally get the street fighter beta capcom pulls out the rug from under me and ends it. I didn't even get the opportunity to learn how to not play so garbage. Time for me to go home and be a family man.

Numb

The same day I finally get the street fighter beta capcom pulls out the rug from under me and ends it. I didn't even get the opportunity to learn how to not play so garbage. Time for me to go home and be a family man.

Dang.
There is a third beta test i believe and you can use the beta download you got now when it drops.

Yeah. Was waiting for my daughter to get home so we could check out the new characters. Turned it on today and nothing. Oh well..will wait for the next one.

Numb

Hopefully they include my bae Laura in the next build. Preferably updated with some more melanin

They inbluded the new guys and then the rest of the guys who were shown so chances are she will be in.
Melanin part seems slim lol. Also would totally break gaf.Usually things get lighter instead.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
well it must be getting close to halloween because the blackface discussions are coming up again

i don't have the energy

like, maybe if it wasn't the same people every thread saying they "just don't understand" how it's racist when explanations are readily available all over the place

I don't believe you're sincere in wanting to understand, so why waste my time?

I'm not doing blackface threads this year....can't. I got games and movies to look forward to, I'm graduating in December, I'm gonna start working out soon to get back into shape. There's so much that I wanna do that I don't want to devote brain cells or energy to address how blackface is wrong.

I will most likely post in a few when its 2 AM and I'm not doing jack shit.

Shy

Japan,making sports hype.With anime!

Would 100% watch atleast a 200 ep Fist of the north star looking sports anime in this style.
That music.
God i love fist of the north star, Toki is my favourite character too.

Shame rugby fans are a bunch of fucking horrible entitled upper-class racist louts. Or maybe that's just the UK fans.
They can use this "African" makeup.
costume-shop.jpg
Ummm..........................
It works...

IT WORKS!

I got my CS project to work. It's a memory game.
Congrats fam, like a boss.
Saddly I lost my collection about 2 moves ago. Left in some boxes outside when it rained
Damm, that sucks.
Yeah. Was waiting for my daughter to get home so we could check out the new characters. Turned it on today and nothing. Oh well..will wait for the next one.
Damm. Sorry you guys missed out.
Gets its time..
????????
Hopefully they include my bae Laura in the next build. Preferably updated with some more melanin
I hope so. I really want to try hear out
If you going to take a shot at the Slayvenator, load your gun first

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183027794&postcount=83
That thread is such a fucking shitshow.
my tv husband...:(
Hi Jubei, haven't seen you post for a while, how you keeping fam.?

What the hell is wrong with people? How can we have so many discussions on the topic on this website with so many informative and introspective points just for people to still act all naïve? All threads on this just end up the exact same
And to think, I have to keep hearing about how this place is nothing but PC and if you've got a dissenting opinion, you're tossed. Guess it must be a joint effort. If anything can unite people, it's reminding us that we ain't shit..

Numb

It's stupid, Numb..we've been doing it for decades without painting (minus a random person here and there). We know who the person is. There's no need to treat us like a costume..

Indeed.The urge to do so must be much much weaker in us. If you know you are gonna reach the point of wanting to paint yourslef just stop. A billion things you could cosplay. Most of them are your skin color,alot are non-human or wearing some sort of getup themselves that hide their entire body and then there are black characters than require you not to do blackface at all...except Mr.Popo but that's another story.
who the hell cosplays Mr.Popo anyway? I ain't even gonna google that so i don't get dissapointed

Numb

You americans and your racism.
Can't relate cos i am somewhere outside of the US ,probably white so it don't exist here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom