• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Other than defending your good name schattenjager, why don't you fill out the survey in the op so you can formally introduce yourself to the community?
Hi community

Where you're from - NYC
Where you live - NYC
What is your age? - 30s
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - European
Do you know your roots - no
Favorite musical genre - everything except country & gospel
Your profession/major/career interest - IT
Your religious affiliation - catholic
Hobbies - video games
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes

tRbw7iB.png

Beyonce :whew:

god damn, so fine

...jay won.

Enzom21

Not mocking anyone .. Everyone in this thread throws around the term fam even non-negros

You called me out for no reason whatsoever

If you got an issue with me, settle it like an adult and we can chat through private messages

Why would I want your racist nonsense in my PMs?

Trey

Schattenjäger;182938535 said:
So can you show me around the place ...
You seem like a cool enough dude

Word of advice. Don't be patronizing. The reason I asked you fill out the survey is because your only impression in this thread is a poster that some of our regulars thinks ain't shit. And to be honest, I'm sure they don't think as much for no reason.

Every active member of the BCT knows that anything posted in here is visible to anyone. So when someone drops by to respond to a particular member, no one profits because minds are already made up. If you really cared about clearing the air with enzom, you'd pm him. If you really were interested in participating in this community, you'd engage in good faith.

But coming in here and asking members to prove your racism serves no one.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Word of advice. Don't be patronizing. The reason I asked you fill out the survey is because your only impression in this thread is a poster that some of our regulars thinks ain't shit. And to be honest, I'm sure they don't think as much for no reason.

Every active member of the BCT knows that anything posted in here is visible to anyone. So when someone drops by to respond to a particular member, no one profits because minds are already made up. If you really cared about clearing the air with enzom, you'd pm him. If you really were interested in participating in this community, you'd engage in good faith.

But coming in here and asking members to prove your racism serves no one.
You got a point .. And I didn't PM him because he probably wouldn't have responded ..
But i still felt I needed to clear the air
Being called a racist is not cool and thrown around pretty freely sometimes... Especially when it's both untrue and at someone with my background .. Remember, for the most part we are all screen names on a screen.. No one really knows anyone (except for the real friendships formed here)
And I apologize if you felt I was patronizing .. I really wasn't.. I'm a pretty cool dude that gets along with everyone And loves to laugh but I do have my own personal beliefs when it comes to politics

You been doing whiskey? It'll do right by you.
Yeah. Brown = whiskey. Not sure what happened but I seem to be disliking it as of late. Don't think it's the brand. I'm just kinda getting over it and the smell is even starting to get to me. I was gonna poor myself a drink and instead I'm writing this lol..it's gotten that bad!

Kreed

Schattenjäger;182933558 said:
Not mocking anyone .. Everyone in this thread throws around the term fam even non-negros

You called me out for no reason whatsoever

If you got an issue with me, settle it like an adult and we can chat through private messages

You're mad Enzom21 called you out and accused you of being racist and stupid, which you didn't agree with. So instead of addressing him directly, in response you take patronizing shots at the ENTIRE BCT community? I don't follow your posts and I wasn't even following this conversation, but now this is what I am going to remember you for going forward. Maybe you need to follow your own advice sooner than later.

Trey

Schattenjäger;182942993 said:
You got a point .. And I didn't PM him because he probably wouldn't have responded ..
But i still felt I needed to clear the air
Being called a racist is not cool and thrown around pretty freely sometimes... Especially when it's both untrue and at someone with my background .. Remember, for the most part we are all screen names on a screen.. No one really knows anyone (except for the real friendships formed here)
And I apologize if you felt I was patronizing .. I really wasn't.. I'm a pretty cool dude that gets along with everyone And loves to laugh but I do have my own personal beliefs when it comes to politics

Any particular grievances you have, I suggest you take it up with that poster in private. I don't have a personal rap sheet on you, and I wont go trawling through your post history. But I'll take anyone here word against yours. That's just how communities go. You don't have to fight racist tags. If you're posting in here, you're welcome to integrate. But this isn't a battlefield, so if you want to treat it as such, you'll be quickly shown the exit.

Other than defending your good name schattenjager, why don't you fill out the survey in the op so you can formally introduce yourself to the community?

why you getting their hopes up in thinking they'll stay in here rather then just show up when our neighborhood watch calls them up?

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Any particular grievances you have, I suggest you take it up with that poster. I don't have a personal rap sheet on you, and I wont go trawling through your post history. But I'll take anyone here word against yours. That's just how communities go. You don't have to fight racist tags. If you're posting in here, you're welcome to integrate. But this isn't a battlefield, so if you want to treat it as such, you'll be quickly shown the exit.
Understood

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Ugh, I can see what y'all mean about people being blind to obvious racism. There's cats defending Toriyama's blackface drawings he did in the Dragonball series.

The og Dragon Ball is literally the goat anime in my eyes but a part of me will always hate Toriyama for his use of minstrel show black characters.

Shy

There's cats defending Toriyama's blackface drawings he did in the Dragonball series.
That's depressing, but i can't say i'm surprised. :(
The og Dragon Ball is literally the goat anime in my eyes but a part of me will always hate Toriyama for his use of minstrel show black characters.
That's not the worst though, during the king Piccolo saga, there's a brief cut where they have a black man up a tree wearing a leopard pelt watching a tv.

It's when Piccolo is making his demands i believe.

Always stuck out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom