• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly is the weakest of the 3 DC hero shows.

Wait, aren't there four DC shows? Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Gotham.

They'll give Stacey, RS, and Lemon a show together. It'll be more effed up than Empire.

Don't forget Anthony "Make Daddy A Sandwich" Mackie. And BlackGOPChick. It'll be a black conservative version of the View.

And re: Bernie, Senator Sanders' plan always was to drag Hillary Clinton leftwards. He just never expected to get dragged towards a social justice agenda himself by BLM and their allies.

Shy

I knew Shy owned a gold neck chain
Yeah but that's a chocolate medallion.
LOOOL. so true. :D
I can look at a title and the number of pages and instantly calculate the amount of ban-worthy statements I'm going to find within a range of 2

like, in my sleep
LOL. *borrows Slay's gif*
1Ci8zZo.gif

Shy is gangsta but not all the way. That sweet tooth.
LOL, that and i'm a big pussy. :p
Oh yeah, sorry i forgot about Gotham cause i don't watch it.

Slayven

Explain it anyway.
Superman's body generates a forcefield around his body that boosts his durability but also protects his clothes. So his suit is any old thing he wants as long as it is skin tight. His cape on the other had is made from his baby blanket and naturally as tough as he is.

Thats why if you see holes and shit in his costume it means he is running low on juice because his forcefield is fading. That forcefield is also the basis for Superboy's powers because they didn't know how to decode anymore of Superman's genome.
I can look at a title and the number of pages and instantly calculate the amount of ban-worthy statements I'm going to find within a range of 2

like, in my sleep

Bish be tasting thread titles like a wine connoisseur

"Yeah has a bouquet of racism, notes of sexism, and a hint of pure dumbass to lighten it."

Numb

Superman's body generates a forcefield around his body that boosts his durability but also protects his clothes. So his suit is any old thing he wants as long as it is skin tight. His cape on the other had is made from his baby blanket and naturally as tough as he is.

Thats why if you see holes and shit in his costume it means he is running low on juice because his forcefield is fading. That forcefield is also the basis for Superboy's powers because they didn't know how to decode anymore of Superman's genome.
Pretty cool reason.
Explains alot.

Dude..seriously. It's trash..

Leave me alone, Roy..her name is Morena!
Didn't know Mrs.Brody was in.
She was also amazing in it.

D i Z

Like Sunday morning..

Hopefully she doesn't get sacrificed on the show for the sake of good Jim Gordon's crisis of conscience. She is literally the only woman, young or older left on the show that isn't criminal, f'ed in the head, or a plotline for someone elses origin story. Yet.

Plus she's easy on the eyes.

zeemumu

Bish be tasting thread titles like a wine connoisseur

"Yeah has a bouquet of racism, notes of sexism, and a hint of pure dumbass to lighten it."

I knew that from Death Battle. How does he fix his cape? It gets tattered but what does he repair it with?

Numb

Well, time for the first costume party of the weekend.

Snapchat_7533763939956909118.jpg
Why ain't you going as jedi fam?
Loved her since Stargate, so beautiful

Another fun superman face, his heat vision is actually his body cells expelling waste heat from solar conversion. So superman is literally shitting on people with his heat vision.
How the hell did he manage to make it worse that Dio. Dude is just melting his eyeballs and then shooting the liquid at you then heals.
latest

3907275-srse.png

Superman is nasty.

Numb

Went as a jedi a couple of years back, plus I just like the Empire better. Even if the motherfuckers can't aim to save their lives.

Meant nothing then.
The duty of every black man to go as jedi if doing Star Wars atleast for the next 30 years.
New stormtroopers look cool

Well, time for the first costume party of the weekend.

Snapchat_7533763939956909118.jpg
You gonna carry a spray bottle to emulate the sweat? An inhaler around your neck? Stay hydrated!
Loved her since Stargate, so beautiful
No doubt..
Another fun superman face, his heat vision is actually his body cells expelling waste heat from solar conversion. So superman is literally shitting on people with his heat vision.
No.....no..

andthebeatgoeson

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/03/07/opinion/coates-the-good-racist-people.html

In modern America we believe racism to be the property of the uniquely villainous and morally deformed, the ideology of trolls, gorgons and orcs. We believe this even when we are actually being racist. In 1957, neighbors in Levittown, Pa., uniting under the flag of segregation, wrote: “As moral, religious and law-abiding citizens, we feel that we are unprejudiced and undiscriminating in our wish to keep our community a closed community.”

But much worse, it haunts black people with a kind of invisible violence that is given tell only when the victim happens to be an Oscar winner. The promise of America is that those who play by the rules, who observe the norms of the “middle class,” will be treated as such. But this injunction is only half-enforced when it comes to black people, in large part because we were never meant to be part of the American story. Forest Whitaker fits that bill, and he was addressed as such.

I am trying to imagine a white president forced to show his papers at a national news conference, and coming up blank. I am trying to a imagine a prominent white Harvard professor arrested for breaking into his own home, and coming up with nothing. I am trying to see Sean Penn or Nicolas Cage being frisked at an upscale deli, and I find myself laughing in the dark. It is worth considering the messaging here. It says to black kids: “Don’t leave home. They don’t want you around.” It is messaging propagated by moral people.

From 2013 but relevant.

Malyse

Don't forget Anthony "Make Daddy A Sandwich" Mackie. And BlackGOPChick. It'll be a black conservative version of the View.

And re: Bernie, Senator Sanders' plan always was to drag Hillary Clinton leftwards. He just never expected to get dragged towards a social justice agenda himself by BLM and their allies.

Tony was just making a bad joke about trump

Last week, Anthony Mackie was under fire for supposedly endorsing Donald Trump in a BET interview.

However, the actor, who plays a political analyst in Our Brand is Crisis, told USA TODAY at the premiere for his movie Monday night that he was "really confused" about why people thought his comments (which were an answer to a junket question about which presidential candidate would be easier to sell) meant he was endorsing Trump.

"I think sarcasm is a lost art form, and I live in a pool of sarcasm every day of my life," he offered as explanation for the misunderstanding. "So, [my comment] was just taken the wrong way."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/10/27/anthony-mackie-trump-comment/74667834/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom