• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

VsqvvXt.gif

Edit: Oh you mean with two hands? Yeah some people do that but it's not necessary.

There are times you need two hands...to reach them

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/20...webdr06/anigif_original-29808-143800393-4.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
You gonna carry a spray bottle to emulate the sweat? An inhaler around your neck? Stay hydrated!
I'm sweating bullets just wearing the damn thing, b. But I've legit had at least six people tell me that I looked like John Boyega and a bunch of others that wanted to take pics. Ran into a couple of drunk girls on campus that wouldn't stop taking pics of me in the costume.

I'm sweating bullets just wearing the damn thing, b. But I've legit had at least six people tell me that I looked like John Boyega and a bunch of others that wanted to take pics. Ran into a couple of drunk girls on campus that wouldn't stop taking pics of me in the costume.
Use the force.
Don't you fucking use force, asshole!
That's what happens when you don't see the warrior in someone.
giphy.gif

I'm telling you..

Can any of them be Broly? Necalli seems close with the getup and and alittle with the V-trigger hair.

Necalli is a bit weird when it comes to his colors. With him you can edit his normal form but his v-trigger is tied to the actual texture which is way beyond my scope. So basically when he transforms he goes back to the original color.

Numb

Necalli is a bit weird when it comes to his colors. With him you can edit his normal form but his v-trigger is tied to the actual texture which is way beyond my scope. So basically when he transforms he goes back to the original color.

Too bad but interesting. You get to be 2 colors and his V-trigger doesn't run out either. He legit goes Super saiyan...well he did that before normally.

Jacir

Brothers and sisters, I'm officially a Brooklynite. Spending the first night on the couch bed in the living room right now is different for me. Everyone else has their own bedroom which is kinda boooooo 😕😒 and not really bothering me too much because I'm in close proximity to the kitchen and our humongous fridge 🙌😎. New beginnings, brehs.

D i Z

Brothers and sisters, I'm officially a Brooklynite. Spending the first night on the couch bed in the living room right now is different for me. Everyone else has their own bedroom which is kinda boooooo 😕😒 and not really bothering me too much because I'm in close proximity to the kitchen and our humongous fridge 🙌😎. New beginnings, brehs.

Congratulations!

andthebeatgoeson

Congrats Jacir.

I woke up to this movie, Wild. About Reese Witherspoon hiking and escaping her demons. Pretty big trip.

Numb

Brothers and sisters, I'm officially a Brooklynite. Spending the first night on the couch bed in the living room right now is different for me. Everyone else has their own bedroom which is kinda boooooo ���� and not really bothering me too much because I'm in close proximity to the kitchen and our humongous fridge ����. New beginnings, brehs.

Congrats man.
Hear Brooklyn goes hard.

Jacir

Congrats man.
Hear Brooklyn goes hard.

Yeah, I only know these three old popular sayings. My assumption is that their use has been less common a thing to say, nowadays.

Brooklyn, stand up!
Brooklyn, we go hard!
Bedstuy, do or die!

Numb

Yeah, I only know these three old popular sayings. My assumption is that their use has been less common a thing to say, nowadays.

Brooklyn, stand up!
Brooklyn, we go hard!
Bedstuy, do or die!

Love it when when it's the girl's turn to sing in the songs.
Fav part. Hope you enjoy your stay there.

Shy

Danny boy avoiding CB come ons was so frustrating.
Dammit Daniel. Man up.
LOL. Daniel was always "bu... but sha're"
Hell, they'll immediately give her a high position just to say "see, we're not racist and/or prejudice. She's one of us."
Yeah. *sigh*
798SN7K.gif

QQnStdr.jpg

Here are his official V-trigger colors right here.

Looks like a troll doll,

Saw Mad Max. It was good but one of those movies that's legit good but people get so caught up in bad movies that a legit good movie becomes waaaay better than it actually is and they overhype it. Luckily enough hype has no affect on me.

zeemumu

Finished Halo 5's campaign. I don't think the final mission beats Halo 1's or 3's final missions but I still enjoyed the ride.
Gotta go finish the fight again.

I also got blown up in the multiplayer because I'm not used to having a dedicated aim button in Halo. That used to be reserved for scopes. So when I enter into an assault rifle bullet fight I end up losing because my bullets are less accurate from firing from the hip.

Finished Halo 5's campaign. I don't think the final mission beats Halo 1's or 3's final missions but I still enjoyed the ride.
Gotta go finish the fight again.

I also got blown up in the multiplayer because I'm not used to having a dedicated aim button in Halo. That used to be reserved for scopes. So when I enter into an assault rifle bullet fight I end up losing because my bullets are less accurate from firing from the hip.

The ADS in H5 doesn't actually affect your aiming or movement speed like traditional ADS. It did in the Beta, but not in the retail release. The only things that actually change in ADS are certain alt-fire modes (like locking on with the Hydra) and shotguns, which have their spread slightly reduced while zoomed in.

jmood88

Has anyone done a batman story where he just says "fuck it" and kills all his villains instead of throwing them in jail? I'm sure it has been done a bunch of times and I just wasn't paying attention.

Slayven

Has anyone done a batman story where he just says "fuck it" and kills all his villains instead of throwing them in jail? I'm sure it has been done a bunch of times and I just wasn't paying attention.

azrael03.jpg

Shit that is why Bruce had to get his back fixed, the crazy motherfucker he hired started icing goons.

Man, what is the point of spoiler tagging images if it's still going to take up the resolution of the image?

Not a knock on your post, that's just poor implementation from the site.

zeemumu

The ADS in H5 doesn't actually affect your aiming or movement speed like traditional ADS. It did in the Beta, but not in the retail release. The only things that actually change in ADS are certain alt-fire modes (like locking on with the Hydra) and shotguns, which have their spread slightly reduced while zoomed in.

*phew* good, I just suck then. Warzone needs more maps.

Arkham Knight implied that Joker would do this if given full reign over Batman's body.
azrael03.jpg

Shit that is why Bruce had to get his back fixed, the crazy motherfucker he hired started icing goons.

Arkham Knight Azrael actually attempted to abide by the "no killing" rule.
Granted it was all a trick, but still.

I think Flashpoint Batman may have done this too.

zeemumu

anyone in here beat Halo 5 yet? So
is it true that you live long enough to become the villain ie cortana?

Cortana becomes evil and leads an AI revolt. Chief tries to convince her to stop, but because she still has feelings for him she just seals him and Blue Team in a bubble so she can prove that what she's doing is right.

And now you have to finish the fight...again

The covenant feel significantly stronger than the prometheans in terms of tactics, but the promethean weaponry feels better.

The Warden's hilarious though.

"They'll never love you like I do, Khaleesi!"

Slayven

Cortana becomes evil and leads an AI revolt. Chief tries to convince her to stop, but because she still has feelings for him she just seals him and Blue Team in a bubble so she can prove that what she's doing is right.

And now you have to finish the fight...again

The covenant feel significantly stronger than the prometheans in terms of tactics, but the promethean weaponry feels better.

So will Locke be full on hero next game?

zeemumu

So will Locke be full on hero next game?

He was full on hero in this game. The advertising kinda lied to you. He planned to bring Blue Team back alive.

The last mission
is about Osiris attempting to save Blue Team (which they do) before Cortana can kidnap them into slipspace.
So the ending implies that the next game will be
Blue Team, Osiris, the INFINITY, and possibly Arbiter vs. Cortana.

The only thing it was missing was the exchange

"Locke, you mind telling me what you're doing with Chief on Sanghelios?"

"Sir, finishing this fight."

Slayven

He was full on hero in this game. The advertising kinda lied to you. He planned to bring Blue Team back alive.

The last mission
is about Osiris attempting to save Blue Team (which they do) before Cortana can kidnap them into slipspace.
So the ending implies that the next game will be
Blue Team, Osiris, the INFINITY, and possibly Arbiter vs. Cortana.

So how would you rank it among halo games?

zeemumu

So how would you rank it among halo games?

Hmmm, it's about an 8/10 so I'd put it just short of Halo 2. If the last mission was better I'd give it a much higher score. I don't mind the cliffhanger because I already knew that this would be a new trilogy, but I wanted a last level on the scale of Halo 1's.

One thing you might find interesting though:
You fight what is essentially Ultron at several points

anyone in here beat Halo 5 yet? So
is it true that you live long enough to become the villain ie cortana?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: She was becoming corrupted at the end of Halo 4 and "died" while shielding Chief from a nuke used to blow up the big bad and his ship. She used a hardlight bubble to protect him, and also made a "hard hologram" of herself to say goodbye to Chief in death as equals, rather than a snarky AI companion.

Halo 5 reveals that the heart of the ship survived by making an emergency jump to hyperspace, and that Cortana "stowed away" onboard. Once safely away, she uploaded herself to the Domain - an ancient alien cloud storage super-network - where she managed to "defrag" herself for good, which is something humans haven't been able to do yet. This is basically the crux of the AI revolt where she's asking people to join her, because she can cure them and prevent humans from just viewing AI as tools.

However, the Domain has also existed for hundreds of thousands of years and has housed a bunch of potential cosmic fuckery - possibly even the big bad from Halo 4 - meaning it's possible evil Cortana may not be 100% all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom