• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my
They removed the booty slap during her super.
Still does it and can be heard but the camera won't show.
Also at the end of the super where they grapped the legs and split them as they hold on has been removed.

Man, I knew November would be fun as it is, but damn, the meltdowns in that and the Xenoblade threads are just too good. I'm so glad I got approved in time for all this.

R. Mika had an animation where she slapped her own bum before doing her super. The animation has possibly been changed so that the camera no longer zooms in on her bum as she does so. Riots in the streets, I'm just eating popcorn.

There was one guy who had a super meltdown and said something about how "man, fuck these feminists, women were better 10 years ago!" and that was just LMAO

They might have edited R. Mika Critical Art (the wishbone part and the butt slap). It's dumb because the Super looks kind of awkward now, the change was half-assed, the butt slap is actually in character for R. Mika and it doesn't change the costume in a way that would appease those who weren't fans of it. However, some number of people (not a ton but enough to be depressing) are acting like the World is ending.
Oh. Shit. So..worse than cancer/Trump presidency. Fucking babies..who gives a shit? lol..

Village

That thread is gold.

That one dude who just broke down and started talking about how " women weren't talking this much shit 10 years ago"

Numb

Yeah, the physics and gravity on the Player 2 side of the screen are really wonky. Birdie's chain and someone else's hair are messed up as a result.

But it also gives the side effect of Chun Li having ridiculous breast physics. There was a whole thread about it recently.

I cracked up because there was an article on the Goddamn CBC Website about it.
People really went in on those physics.
There are so many butt and ass threads of SFV that you almost forget the actual game.
Don't forget to fill in the questionnaire in OP to better get to know you ninja
Oh. Shit. So..worse than cancer/Trump presidency. Fucking babies..who gives a shit? lol..

Indeed.
Atleast better than that Mika nipple thread.

People really went in on those physics.
There are so many butt and ass threads of SFV that you almost forget the actual game.
Don't forget to fill in the questionnaire in OP to better get to know you ninja

Yeah, might as well call it Street Fucker, mirite? But yeah, those threads are great.

Ah yeah, sure I'll do that. Hi everyone!

Where you're from - Canada
Where you live - Ontario (greater Toronto Area)
What is your age? - Secret
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Biracial (half-Scottish, half-Jamaican)
Do you know your roots - I've never looked into it too much but last I heard there's possibly some Indian descent on my father's line
Favorite musical genre - Anything alternative really but it usually comes back to electronica. I want to get more into stuff like funk or R&B but tbh I rarely go out of my way to find new music, know what I mean? I love the feeling of discovering stuff though, don't get me wrong.
Your profession/major/career interest - Actor or translator
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic
Hobbies - Video games (obviously), internet... studying languages, just kinda absorbing and reading information
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC. Don't think we even have the last two where I am. The GOAT is this local chicken wing place, though.

Numb

Yeah, might as well call it Street Fucker, mirite? But yeah, those threads are great.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Biracial (half-Scottish, half-Jamaican)
Do you know your roots - I've never looked into it too much but last I heard there's possibly some Indian descent on my father's line
Favorite musical genre - Anything alternative really
Hobbies - Video games (obviously), internet... studying languages, just kinda absorbing and reading information
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC. Don't think we even have the last two where I am. The GOAT is this local chicken wing place, though.

lol
welcome welcome welcome.
Studying languages? Thats very interesting. How far and deep does it go? You learned 10 languages or something like that
Threads never change
Holding back is not in their vocab

Shy

Favorite musical genre - Anything alternative really but it usually comes back to electronica. I want to get more into stuff like funk or R&B but tbh I rarely go out of my way to find new music, know what I mean? I love the feeling of discovering stuff though, don't get me wrong.
Welcome new fam. Hope you have a great weekend.

Numb

And people wonder why Ono has to beg borrow and steal to get a Street Fighter made.
Indeed.
Feels like anything can be announced and people would still be like this.
Thing was moving so slow it was supposed to come like 2-3 yrs from now instead of 2-3 months.

lol
welcome welcome welcome.
Studying languages? Thats very interesting. How far and deep does it go? You learned 10 languages or something like that
Holding back is not in their vocab

Thanks man. Can't wait to get nice and cozy in here.

In a perfect world I'd know every language, haha. It's only an interest that really started this year, though.

I'm working on my French (obviously it's one of the official languages here, but nobody really uses it outside Quebec) which is getting a bit rusty, so I want to build up to the point where I'm fluent again. And I started taking a spanish class in university as well and that's been going pretty well.

I'd like to learn Japanese at some point since that's been a goal of mine for a longtime and my uni offers that course, so I was thinking of starting that next year. After that it'll basically be anything-goes.

Welcome new fam. Hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks! I'm supposed to be studying for an Economics test on monday, but I got distracted by all the Mika insanity, haha. But other than that it's gonna be pretty laidback for me, which is nice.

akira28

tumblr_mru6btU7le1sne6vbo1_400.jpg

now I know why I keep that horse around. He even got a Arizona Iced Tea ready for me. Love that Janedro.

Numb

Thanks man. Can't wait to get nice and cozy in here.

In a perfect world I'd know every language, haha. It's only an interest that really started this year, though.

I'm working on my French (obviously it's one of the official languages here, but nobody really uses it outside Quebec) which is getting a bit rusty, so I want to build up to the point where I'm fluent again. And I started taking a spanish class in university as well and that's been going pretty well.

I'd like to learn Japanese at some point since that's been a goal of mine for a longtime and my uni offers that course, so I was thinking of starting that next year.

Really cool man. Make sure you throw a bone to your African languages in the future too.
Learning new languages as a hobby seems like a really worthwhile gig. Good going.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I gotta break up the circle jerk and keep it ignorant. They should have left R Mika as is
bt8tgFI.png
Idk I'm always going to be against censorship towards art. That said an artist/company should always be ready for the consequences of controversy.

Really cool man. Make sure you throw a bone to your African languages in the future too.
Learning new languages as a hobby seems like a really worthwhile gig. Good going.

Oh yeah, I've definitely got a few of those on my list. I'd like to visit Africa someday for sure, and Jamaica too. Definitely get those in the bag. And thanks, it can be tricky but really rewarding for sure.

I gotta break up the circle jerk and keep it ignorant. They should have left R Mika as is
bt8tgFI.png
Idk I'm always going to be against censorship towards art. That said an artist/company should always be ready for the consequences of controversy.

Eh, I wouldn't have really cared either way. I'm pretty feminist/progressive but I just rolled my eyes at the slap. I disapproved of it but didn't really care too much. If they removed it I don't really care too much either. Definitely not the end of the world some were making it out to be. Honestly there's other stuff I would've changed first if sexism was an issue or anything.

Like tbh Cammy's outfit kinda bugs me. In SFII it was fine, but the way they made it into a thong over time just seems cheesy to me. I kinda wish she'd got a redesign on par with some of the other characters like Ken.

Numb

bt8tgFI.png

It ain't the end of the world but vanilla was better.
Confusing change more than annoying.

Village

bt8tgFI.png

What you call censorship i call " we changed our minds during development"

Slayven

bt8tgFI.png

And they should be free to change shit because they want too.

People wonder why game media and PR is fucked up, that thread is a perfect example.

Numb

Oh yeah, I've definitely got a few of those on my list. I'd like to visit Africa someday for sure, and Jamaica too. Definitely get those in the bag. And thanks, it can be tricky but really rewarding for sure.

Eh, I wouldn't have really cared either way. I'm pretty feminist/progressive but I just rolled my eyes at the slap. I disapproved of it but didn't really care too much. If they removed it I don't really care too much either. Honestly there's other stuff I would've changed first if sexism was an issue or anything.

Like tbh Cammy's outfit kinda bugs me. In SFII it was fine, but the way they made it into a thong over time just seems cheesy to me. I kinda wish she'd got a redesign on par with some of the other characters like Ken.
Excellent. Blending in like that.

Cammy butt floss is just dumb. Dumb.

double jump

akira28

It makes me laugh

At least my avatar is real, you know that lady never seen a can of Crisco or had hot grease get her one good time on her arm.

She not there to sell me fried chicken. She's there to sell them fried chicken. You know...KFC eaters.

bt8tgFI.png
It's kinda weird that they censored it, and censorship is no good, but it's not too bad. Just a weird change that looks super obvious and kinda sloppy.

If sexism was really an issue, they would have changed the model or something. Or do what I would have done, and changed Mika to the superior Alpha 3 blonde, Maki.
Going to Africa in January for my deployment. Can not wait.

Or do what I would have done, and changed Mika to the superior Alpha 3 blonde, Maki.

My man! Maki was awesome! She needs to come back! But then they'd have to censor her still if they wanted to avoid sexism, since her skirt flies up whenever she does anything, aha.

Going to Africa in January for my deployment. Can not wait.

Nice! Sounds awesome, have fun! Where are you going in Africa?

Slayven

Y'all having a meltdown over video game ass.

We indeed deserve Ben Carson

Who is meltdowning? I am just laughing at the absurdity of grown folks having a crisis of identity over a few frames of animation.

It is like when I was 10 and watching G-force to catch panty flashes from the pink one, it's just not a hill anyone should want to die on.

akira28

not all art is suitable for kids. That ass smack belongs somewhere, just not in a Street Fighter game. but it definitely belongs somewhere.

I dont see what the big deal is. The slap wasn't hurting anybody but now that it's gone, it's not all that serious because I know 95% of the people in that thread weren't gonna main her either way.

Spend Saturday nights arguing over ass in video games brehs

double jump

not all art is suitable for kids. That ass smack belongs somewhere, just not in a Street Fighter game. but it definitely belongs somewhere.

I agree with that. In fact I'd like to know how the game got a T rating from the esrb before the ass nerfs. Their ratings seem all over the place in general.

edit: Dahell @ Gordon Shumway for that pic below. How you just got something like that locked and loaded fam? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom