• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit I'm watching this interview with that Baltimore cop and damn this dude is spitting some hard ass shit. Damn but nobody wants to hear this shit tho.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Dam fam. my thirst is so very real.
q8SB1Co.gif

I hate that gif, I hate it every time I see it.

It will be largely ignored..like it is every time it's posted or brought up. It's amazing how that works, huh..

I just watched the WSHH version which was only 30 mins but damn I need to go through the whole interview. So many good ass points this shit is just fucking amazing. When he said "They tell them to pull themselves up from their bootstraps but they don't have no fucking bootstraps."
giphy.gif

Shy

I have irrational fear of rabies and every time I see that or something similar it just freaks me out.
Oh goodness, i'm really super sorry in that case. I thought you were just sick of it because it is an overused gif.

Gig

Oh goodness, i'm really super sorry in that case. I thought you were just sick of it because it is an overused gif.

It's ok, it's just kinda weird seeing people post that gif in response to an attractive woman.

Seeing an image of a sick and dieing animal in response to a woman strikes me as macabre and tawdry.

err... where do you see it dying?

if anything it looks hungry but it's hilarious nonetheless.

if there is some kinda subtext or story behind the GIF I'm sorry for that.

but otherwise it's funny, and I feel like you are panicking over nothing other than your own personal issues.

Shy

Seeing an image of a sick and dieing animal in response to a woman strikes me as macabre and tawdry.
Wait.... WHAT. ??????? is that really the story behind that gif, because if that's true i'm going to delete from my computer and never use again.

Gig

err... where do you see it dying?

if anything it looks hungry but it's hilarious nonetheless.

if there is some kinda subtext or story behind the GIF I'm sorry for that.

but otherwise it's funny, and I feel like you are panicking over nothing other than your own personal issues.

The fox could just be licking the window for the condensation, but animals with rabies can act very erratically before they die.

In any case I don't mean to cause any offense to people who find the gif amusing.

Afrocious

Went to get some Thai food today. The girl at the cash register was cute as hell (I feel she's a black girl mixed with Thai herself since I think her family runs the place.)

She was quite friendly and kinda playful to talk with. I got her name but didn't get her number. I figured I'd ask for it the next time I go there. My thing is that I don't normally talk to girls who are working since I assume lots of dudes them up already (at varying degrees of respect).

I'm kind of out of my element on this one, but I'd like to talk to the girl more and possibly get to know her. Any advice on how to approach this situation?

ReiGun

Can anyone recommend a good gaming podcast? Particularly ones about things other than just current topics or "what have you been playing?" (though I'm not opposed to those if you think you have a good one). So stuff like design discussion or gaming history.

Afrocious

Can anyone recommend a good gaming podcast? Particularly ones about things other than just current topics or "what have you been playing?" (though I'm not opposed to those if you think you have a good one). So stuff like design discussion or gaming history.

Not a podcast, but I'm sure you can find some good material buried somewhere here.

For gaming history try Retronauts. Been listening to that one for years.

Kreed

So how many weeks will Mr. Robinson and The Carmichael Show last before NBC announces their cancellation and goes "Hey black people, we tried. Empire must have been a fluke."?

andthebeatgoeson

Next up, trump. But I still can't take them seriously. You are protesting wrong.

:p

Don't worry, Bernie. They only picked you first because they knew you were weak as fuck

Can't recommend the Spawn on Me podcast enough. It's well produced, and the discussions often goes into the social issues of gaming.

If there's a specific episode that i encourage everyone on this board to check out, listen to episode #63 called Blackademics, where two black professors with phDs in games break down the ramifications on the lack of diversity in gaming. It's a FANTASTIC conversation. Once you go Brookago, you'll probably stay awhile.

Numb

Can't recommend the Spawn on Me podcast enough. It's well produced, and the discussions often goes into the social issues of gaming.

If there's a specific episode that i encourage everyone on this board to check out, listen to episode #63 called Blackademics, where two black professors with phDs in games break down the ramifications on the lack of diversity in gaming. It's a FANTASTIC conversation. Once you go Brookago, you'll probably stay awhile.

Sounds interesting. Will check it out.

Nah it is still bad,
I didn't deny it wasn't, but only on the basis of adaptation. If I want to throw bias aside and judge it simply on technique it was better made.

Marginally? How? If anything, it was worse lol..

While the last one simply was an exposition of all the major points of the film the current one did have some of that, but it did choose to focus on a particular theme in this case familial ties. It relayed on the relationship that Jerrica had with her father, what he expects of her and the importance of his passing in her current life. It strayed off a little bit, but it was mostly consistent with its theme.

I also noticed that the jump cuts transitioned better in this one making it appear to be running into the same scene at times. Jump cuts were less sporadic and fades were used appropriately. For the editor who worked on this I say he or she did the best they could with the footage available to them. It would have certainly received top marks for a class project.

Merc_

I'm reading twitter and it seems that Larry Wilmore said something along the lines of "Black lives matter but so do manners" in response to the BLM/Bernie stuff.

Hope you all are ready for more fuckery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom