• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading twitter and it seems that Larry Wilmore said something along the lines of "Black lives matter but so do manners" in response to the BLM/Bernie stuff.

Hope you all are ready for more fuckery!

Ugh, not you too Larry!

But, alas, I posted a thread about the Jeb! shutdown.

Crocodile

A second season of Black-Gaf's favorite anime, Terraformers, just got confirmed. I hope y'all are hyped! :p

Oh hey y'all, what is going on h...

bpW6Xkd.gif

This is all some benign stuff (that eventually gave way to excellent stuff) LOL. Overreaction much?

Images and Links contained within.

anigif_enhanced-5019-1435707568-13.gif

Great work all around. Especially that Amazon cosplayer <3

Can anyone recommend a good gaming podcast? Particularly ones about things other than just current topics or "what have you been playing?" (though I'm not opposed to those if you think you have a good one). So stuff like design discussion or gaming history.

It's more a video podcast than just sound but I've been enjoying GT Time every Thursday on Game Trailers.

1383126655404178500.gif

Cosplay for Feenix.
Smart idea.

This is also some good shit too <3

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Can anyone recommend a good gaming podcast? Particularly ones about things other than just current topics or "what have you been playing?" (though I'm not opposed to those if you think you have a good one). So stuff like design discussion or gaming history.

Crate & Crowbar is really good. Lots of design discussion (the guy who did Gunpoint is a regular contributor). The accents are British and it sounds like they're recording in somebody's shower at times, but the content is stellar. Highly recommended.

Nah, don't have the energy to fight that battle of nonsense.
*nods grimly*

Shy

1383126655404178500.gif

Cosplay for Feenix.
Smart idea.
That's cool. She's really good.
Crate & Crowbar is really good. Lots of design discussion (the guy who did Gunpoint is a regular contributor). The accents are British and it sounds like they're recording in somebody's shower at times, but the content is stellar. Highly recommended.
*clears throat and sheepishly raises voice* do... do you have a problem with British accents, fam. ?
:p

Crocodile

Watching now and at least he acknowledged how "White" Sanders rallys and base have been. It seems more like he's trying to take the "middle road" than at all argue against BLM or their techniques. I think. Still not super comfortable with he said.

I'm getting the sense the media REALLY wants to push the "Sanders is surging" narrative because a "fight" is better than a "coronation" :p

Watching now and at least he acknowledged how "White" Sanders rallys and base have been. It seems more like he's trying to take the "middle road" than at all argue against BLM or their techniques. I think. Still not super comfortable with he said.

I'm getting the sense the media REALLY wants to push the "Sanders is surging" narrative because a "fight" is better than a "coronation" :p
Very much a sense that they're all terrified of getting it wrong, and upsetting the base. Just look at FOX's apology tour for attack that shit stain Trump. Obviously, the BLM crew is making Bernie fans feel some kinda way..to the point of saying some "funny" shit.

It's all very interesting to watch..

Crocodile

Welp someone dropped the "what would MLK think?" in that BLM vs Bush thread :/

Do we have a bingo card set up for those sorts of topics? I assume any topic that goes over like 3 pages has to result in a bingo right? sigh :/

See, I don't even know what Gordon got hit for, but I'm going to assume someone posted that thread and he went too far. It's not worth it y'all.

But Gordon didn't go ham in that thread so he couldn't have been banned for that. Anyway, hope we see him back soon.

Kreed

They got Gordon man......they got him...

I'm going to assume it was for the gif in the Jeb Bush thread, but it seemed appropriate to the post he was responding to so I don't know.

Ugh, not you too Larry!

But, alas, I posted a thread about the Jeb! shutdown.

Larry was responding to the clip of the women yelling/interrupting/taking over the stage and it was a throwaway comment. Most of the segment was supportive before going over to Trump's comments about BLM.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Come to think of it, is the Earth Kingdom ever not fucked up in the Avatar universe?

Kind of a shame we won't get to see the next person in the avatar cycle, because earth was scheduled to be next

Come to think of it, is the Earth Kingdom ever not fucked up in the Avatar universe?

Kind of a shame we won't get to see the next person in the avatar cycle, because earth was scheduled to be next

There's a (slim) chance they'll continue with comics like they're doing with Korra.

AtLA 3 = AtLA 2 > AtLA 1 = LoK 1 = LoK 3 > LoK 4 >>>> LoK 2

Edit: Wait, what the fuck. After browsing the posts from this page, I legit thought this was Avatar Community thread. Lmao

Numb

AtLA2 > LoK3 > AtLA3 > AtLA1 >= LoK1 > LoK4 > LoK2
I keep forgetting there are 4 Korra seasons and not 3. Two didn't stick with me at all.
There's a (slim) chance they'll continue with comics like they're doing with Korra.

I tried to read the season 11 Smallville comic never having read comics before. Didn't last a 4 pages.
It's good that they care enough to keep the story going through comics for those who want to see it tho.
I think even Charmed had one. I loved that show but i ain't reading it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think somebody said him saying "Naggers" in a post.

So that southpark joke got him banned? Well I got a 2 week ban for a fap/cereal eating meme once. So I know bad jokes can lead to bans. And there were a lot of mods "observing" that thread so I could see where one just didn't like his humor and hit him with a temp ban.

I keep forgetting there are 4 Korra seasons and not 3. Two didn't stick with me at all.

I tried to read the season 11 Smallville comic never having read comics before. Didn't last a 4 pages.
It's good that they care enough to keep the story going through comics for those who want to see it tho.
I think even Charmed had one. I loved that show but i ain't reading it.

I liked the Smallville comic!
Even though they did my girl Steph Brown dirty... AGAIN...

At this point, I'll take a continuation in any form, since Nickelodeon certainly won't be making more of the show.

Numb

I liked the Smallville comic!
Even though they did my girl Steph Brown dirty... AGAIN...

At this point, I'll take a continuation in any form, since Nickelodeon certainly won't be making more of the show.

Seeing an earth Avatar would be cool.
They could even do a huge timeskip and make it present day if they wanted to and the challenges that come with being the Avatar in such a time.

Seeing an earth Avatar would be cool.
They could even do a huge timeskip and make it present day if they wanted to and the challenges that come with being the Avatar in such a time.

Given the rate of progress in the Avatar universe, it wouldn't need to even be a huge time-skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom