• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I don't think it will be but it'll be interesting to see if indies as a whole begin to grasp the business side of things and work towards their own preservation. Even the biggest Indie hits end up cashing in rather than picking up smaller pieces and teams for the purpose of future proofing.
I would like to see more Wayforwards. I think that Lab Zero for example would make one hell of a mercenary team. I would also like to see gaming move in more of a movie industry mentality: sort of like how no one actor/director/composer is typically tied to a specific franchise or studio, let's open game IP up to outsiders. More Hyrule Warriors, Persona 4 Arena, and the like. Some indie does a good job? Put them on a triple A franchise (think Rian Johnson and Star Wars 8, or hell, JJ Abrams whole career of escalation).

Sou Da

Indies are the ones innovating the games market. The AAA market will collapse in on itself the way it's been going for the past few years.

Why do big publishers seem to go for ALL THE MONEY ALL THE TIME instead of leveraging the talent and name of their studios every now and then to make a smaller game that still makes a fuckload of money?

Numb

The last Wayan Bros. movie I remember watching was White Chicks. Their schtick got old real quick.
Same case but the viewings of the movie was so far apart i could atleast be ok with it. White Chicks i liked.
Somehow the swingers with the black fetish were the least gross part of the movie.

A huge fan of lowbrow stereotypical humor but there is a difference here.
Being shit.
Little Man was tuuuuurible.
Completely removed from mind and thought it didn't exist for a min there.
So bad.

Martin Lawrence is also another one that constantly got put in bad movies. After the 90s it was mostly crap. Black Knight has to be one of the saddest shit I've ever seen.

Edit: Gosh damn Numb, you going ham with that avatar.

Numb

Martin Lawrence is also another one that constantly got put in bad movies. After the 90s it was mostly crap. Black Knight has to be one of the saddest shit I've ever seen.

Edit: Gosh damn Numb, you going ham with that avatar.
Can't imagine the fella witout a fat suit on.
He brought it upon himself and just till recently thought he was dead. Sorry about that.

It's snowing here so gotta have that on the avatar and some fabulous sparkle sparkle.

Trey

I was rewatching the first Fantastic Four movie the other day,

but-why.gif

D i Z

I would like to see more Wayforwards. I think that Lab Zero for example would make one hell of a mercenary team. I would also like to see gaming move in more of a movie industry mentality: sort of like how no one actor/director/composer is typically tied to a specific franchise or studio, let's open game IP up to outsiders. More Hyrule Warriors, Persona 4 Arena, and the like. Some indie does a good job? Put them on a triple A franchise (think Rian Johnson and Star Wars 8, or hell, JJ Abrams whole career of escalation).

This. I would add the picking up of smaller indie IP and teams to build catalogs in the same manner that the EA's of the world did before the console boom. People often forget that a lot of the big publishers started off by doing mercenary work and collecting IP and small teams along the way to fashion them into what works for the time. Adapting to what the market is looking for rather than exclusively faffing about with self indulgent projects is the way the little guy stays in the game.

---

Thirty minutes until weekend freedom for me. I hate clock watching.

Village

Huh

That dbz cosplay pic with that dumbass comments on it got me thinking about Why is their a stigma against women getting weaves? Where did it come from?
It comes from " love yourself why change yourself place" , and that's a complicated conversation already.

I just seen a white dude with dookie braids.

That is all.

These are the real observations.
#YesAllFandoms
* waves fist disapprovingly because i'm too lazy to make an actual argument about this right now, but wants you to know the flame of minor disagreement still burns bright*
Aka stop playing online.

Like has gaf not tipped you off that any online community that's large enough is juststraight shit?

That's why I just go to tournaments and play online with the people that just don't play online only.

Though tbh SRK barely reflects the FGC anymore, only people left there are the vultures pretty much. Everyone has moved to twitter and facebook because they are the ones who actually go to events.

You are suggesting something that litterally isn't possible for everyone.

As far as SRK goes, they have modders. That's all I use em for.

Sou Da

Is Kamala Khan a mutant? There's got to be some potential for a Muslim/Mutant Registration Act crossover

She's an Inhuman but she thought she was a mutant at first. The politics of that stuff don't really affect her though, she avoids and is protected from a lot of it.

You laugh now Bronx, but Uncanny Inhumans is a way better F4/X-Men book than the F4/X-men have been in a while.

Bronx-Man

Banned
She's an Inhuman but she thought she was a mutant at first. The politics of that stuff don't really affect her though, she avoids and is protected from a lot of it.

You laugh now Bronx, but Uncanny Inhumans is a way better F4/X-Men book than the F4/X-men have been in a while.

The only Marvel titles I read now are Doctor Strange & the Ultimates, so I'll take your word for it.

Slayven

Kamela ever tighten up her shapeshifting game?

I have a pretty high bar for shapeshifters. I am talking about Warlock and Morph level shit, not some Mr.Fantastic when he feels like it shit.

Dereck

Blackish's cast is loaded BTW.

Last night they refernced Empire out the ass.

One thing I've noticed about Empire and Blackish is that they are using a lot of black actors who were otherwise MIA.

Like for example, last night, a wild Jason Weaver and Marcus T. Paulk appeared.

Dude Guy

Don't you just love it when people come posting in a thread that they don't care about the topic at hand

Like breh why you even here then

Numb

Blackish's cast is loaded BTW.

Last night they refernced Empire out the ass.

One thing I've noticed about Empire and Blackish is that they are using a lot of black actors who were otherwise MIA.

Like for example, last night, a wild Jason Weaver and Marcus T. Paulk appeared.

Shit i love guest stars.
And googling the dude he was in this movie i was looking for aaages.(Drumline)
Thought for some reason Mos Def was the dude who was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom