• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
That sex scene in episode 1? Shock..Marvel don't give a fuck! Definitely a first..Disney must have bugged out.
giphy.gif

Numb

just some typical ethnic cosplay pics
Cosplay-Fail-1-600x800.png
The best lol
Couldn't stay up. 2 episode in. Shit is good. THIS IS A SPOILER!
That sex scene in episode 1? Shock..Marvel don't give a fuck! Definitely a first..Disney must have bugged out.
Glad they ain't holding back or are afraid.
gotta love that reaching in the KLK thread

Just the title alone can tell you how things will go down in there.
Besides it's always like this in KLK threads.

zeemumu

mjlol.png

What did they do now?

Despite not being confirmed for "Kingdom Hearts III," there was also a 3D version of Daybreak Town as well. Currently, that world is exclusive to the "Kingdom Hearts" mobile game, "Kingdom Hearts χ." If a 3D replica is being made, though, one can imagine it will likely be featured in a console title.

You know, from the browser turned mobile game that's been out for months and they keep saying is coming for NA but never comes. I wouldn't care as much if every piece of media in this series wasn't canon.

Wow. Talking about Shaun King has turned into people asserting that I should submit to a DNA test to identify as Hispanic. Only known my parentage for a few days, and it's already starting. The worst thing is, I'm considering it, just for my future children at least. There are people in my family, like my father-in-law, who would absolutely make an issue of me because of my stances, attack my racial identity, and I want to be able to defend myself and any family I have in the future with some kind of proof. According to Harvard Magazine and Science Magazine, race and ethnicity can not be proven through DNA, especially due to systemic biases because of incomplete geographic sampling, so I'm worried that it's an unreliable system and therefore not proof. I really don't know what to do. Part of me also doesn't want to because I don't want to make this some kind of precedent for people I know. I don't believe I should have to do this, nor that anyone should. I'm torn. If this happened once, it'll happen again. I need advice.

Malyse

You know, from the browser turned mobile game that's been out for months and they keep saying is coming for NA but never comes. I wouldn't care as much if every piece of media in this series wasn't canon.

See, I would sympathize if these weren't completely free to play for both versions and if there weren't people not only actively providing translations and guides, but providing English versions of the cutscenes as well. You can play both of them. Easily. You can get the story for both of them. Easily. So instead of sympathy, I guess I'll laugh and enjoy the Japanese version of the latest two KH games. *shrug*

zeemumu

See, I would sympathize if these weren't completely free to play for both versions and if there weren't people not only actively providing translations and guides, but providing English versions of the cutscenes as well. You can play both of them. Easily. You can get the story for both of them. Easily. So instead of sympathy, I guess I'll laugh and enjoy the Japanese version of the latest two KH games. *shrug*

I don't want your artificially made Kingdom Hearts. I want the REAL Kingdom Hearts.

Slayven

Wow. Talking about Shaun King has turned into people asserting that I should submit to a DNA test to identify as Hispanic. Only known my parentage for a few days, and it's already starting. The worst thing is, I'm considering it, just for my future children at least. There are people in my family, like my father-in-law, who would absolutely make an issue of me because of my stances, attack my racial identity, and I want to be able to defend myself and any family I have in the future with some kind of proof. According to Harvard Magazine and Science Magazine, race and ethnicity can not be proven through DNA, especially due to systemic biases because of incomplete geographic sampling, so I'm worried that it's an unreliable system and therefore not proof. I really don't know what to do. Part of me also doesn't want to because I don't want to make this some kind of precedent for people I know. I don't believe I should have to do this, but I also think it could be important to. I'm torn. If this happened once, it'll happen again. I need advice.

You should never have to get a DNA test to prove someone wrong, unless it is a legal battle. Learn to cut the bullshit out your life.

akira28

don't let it get to you. the relevance of his comments in the face of how forgettable his statement and ubiquitous the intent. He's just more of the white noise that we must get the signal through. He talks about dilution, completely unaware of the irony.

Don't flip tables or even get mad. If you can't hit them with a hammer right then and there, save it and hit someone else, because you WILL see that sentiment again.

When did people get so goddamn hung up on schematics?

We get trained at an early age to get caught up in specificity and semantics by the way we're "educated". If you can make one little thing appear wrong or incorrect or controversial or questionable you can circle it with your red pencil and discredit the greater whole. Not disprove, its good enough to discredit. Find enough "errors" and they fail you, just like in school, except instead of the recitation of facts its about image and perception over substance.

they can't make the conceptual leap from actual lynching to a bunch of sheltered teenagers going out and isolating, terrorizing, and murdering black people. In order to make conceptual leaps you have to understand concepts, and some people only see disembodied facts and events, not people. "No police involved, no mobs removing people from police custody? Well then it doesn't match the legal definition of 'lynch'." That tells me more about them and where the focus, the "resistance" is. Not for justice, but "clearly" "defined" "data" and ordered classification.

You should never have to get a DNA test to prove someone wrong, unless it is a legal battle. Learn to cut the bullshit out your life.

Thanks, man. I guess I'm just letting myself get ruffled by assholes, but I can't help but be worried about how my future kids will be affected by bullshit like this. And I know I'm preaching to the choir on this. Just gonna have to deal with it as it comes.

you need to tell them where to shove their DNA test.

I will. You guys are right. If it concerns them so much, they go throw a fit about it somewhere else. It's not like I can magically avoid it anyway.

Wow. Talking about Shaun King has turned into people asserting that I should submit to a DNA test to identify as Hispanic. Only known my parentage for a few days, and it's already starting. The worst thing is, I'm considering it, just for my future children at least. There are people in my family, like my father-in-law, who would absolutely make an issue of me because of my stances, attack my racial identity, and I want to be able to defend myself and any family I have in the future with some kind of proof. According to Harvard Magazine and Science Magazine, race and ethnicity can not be proven through DNA, especially due to systemic biases because of incomplete geographic sampling, so I'm worried that it's an unreliable system and therefore not proof. I really don't know what to do. Part of me also doesn't want to because I don't want to make this some kind of precedent for people I know. I don't believe I should have to do this, nor that anyone should. I'm torn. If this happened once, it'll happen again. I need advice.

you need to tell them where to shove their DNA test.

Malyse

I'm reminded of the quote "Those who matter don't care and those who care don't matter."

Fuck 'em, whoever they are.

Slayven

IIf I ever do a podcast, it will be me, another comic fan, and a person that knows jackshit about comics.

And me and the cohost will sit there an try to explain certain characters and story lines to the non friend.

I didn't realize how funny that was until i heard them do it on Where's my 40 acres and they were was talking Flash villains with Deidre.

Numb

IIf I ever do a podcast, it will be me, another comic fan, and a person that knows jackshit about comics.

And me and the cohost will sit there an try to explain certain characters and story lines to the non friend.

I didn't realize how funny that was until i heard them do it on Where's my 40 acres and they were was talking Flash villains with Deidre.

Can that be said the same about anime and Japan stuff?
I could be the 3rd wheel although i am open to and love crazy dumb shit. Only ever touched 2 comics and didn't even finish them.
irredeemable and Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom