• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Just finished Jessica Jones. Marvel hit another out of the park, but I still prefer Dare Devil for two main reasons.

1) King Pin > The whole Jessica Jones cast
2)
Simpson and his whole story line can get tossed in the bushes

honestly, if jessica jones cast was patsy, malcolm and guest appearances by night nurse, it would have been ok, but the lawyer plot really bogged the series down. same with the crazy neighbor stuff, they should have cut her out after her brother died. and whoever said kilgrave would be as sympathetic as fisk was full of shit.

I'm 6 episodes into the series, and I'm digging everything outside of the fights. I know Luke and Jessica are different than Daredevil, and aren't exactly trained in the arts of combat - but visually their powers are handled pretty clumsily. It just looks off. Half the time they look like they're marginally stronger than a normal person, instead of having super strength. If you're
ripping massive key locks off hinges with ease, and lifting/stopping cars - then your punches are going to fuck dudes up. But you don't really get that a lot of the time.
Outside of that though, I absolutely love it.

Considering their backstories I'm not surprised they seem to hold back in fights.

Exodust

Banned
Man this looks fiiiiire

8iNVoJj.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=999932

Man I've been looking for this game's name for a good minute. Thanks dude.

LionPride

Banned
So IGH is Inhuman Growth Hormone, right? And that's what the red pill is, right?
Since Simpson is supposed to be budget Captain America with the red, white, blue pills I don't think the pills are related with everything else. Maybe a side project type of thing.

Slayven

Since Simpson is supposed to be budget Captain America with the red, white, blue pills I don't think the pills are related with everything else. Maybe a side project type of thing.
In the comic
The pills are placebo, they don't do anything. They just brainwashed him into thinking they do to control him

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Y'all play any MMO's?

Currently working through the Secret World, though getting a group together to run a dungeon seems like a pain in the ass.

Interesting twists on the normal MMO quest and character build systems. You can only have one story quest, one main quest, and three side quests going at any one time, and the quests tend to be slightly more involved than most MMO quests. Investigation missions are cool, because they give you no quest markers and are often more about solving puzzles and looking information up on the internet than using knowledge inside the game.

There aren't really any character classes, as you can buy skills from any weapon/skill tree at any time. In practice you'll want to concentrate on two weapons, though. Maybe grab a passive from another tree if it synergizes with your setup. Unfortunately, it seems dungeons require a more strict adherence to the tank/dps/heal/support thing.

Slayven

Currently working through the Secret World, though getting a group together to run a dungeon seems like a pain in the ass.

Interesting twists on the normal MMO quest and character build systems. You can only have one story quest, one main quest, and three side quests going at any one time, and the quests tend to be slightly more involved than most MMO quests. Investigation missions are cool, because they give you no quest markers and are often more about solving puzzles and looking information up on the internet than using knowledge inside the game.

There aren't really any character classes, as you can buy skills from any weapon/skill tree at any time. In practice you'll want to concentrate on two weapons, though. Maybe grab a passive from another tree if it synergizes with your setup. Unfortunately, it seems dungeons require a more strict adherence to the tank/dps/heal/support thing.

Played Secret World for a while, but the skill system was a bit to obtuse for me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Played Secret World for a while, but the skill system was a bit to obtuse for me.

I can see that. There's a lot to figure out. Like do I want to focus on debuffing enemies, if so should i get attacks and passives that set/exploit weakened state or impaired state or hindered state? Should I work on attacks that give penetration or crit chance/damage? Should I work on tank stuff by increasing health and blocking? There's a bunch of abilities for group buffs too. All that is just for the two weapons I decided to equip at the start of the game.

At some point I just decided to work toward one of the "decks" they offer as guildelines, since I was using those weapons anyway.

Slayven

I can see that. There's a lot to figure out. Like do I want to focus on debuffing enemies, if so should i get attacks and passives that set/exploit weakened state or impaired state or hindered state? Should I work on attacks that give penetration or crit chance/damage? Should I work on tank stuff by increasing health and blocking? There's a bunch of abilities for group buffs too. All that is just for the two weapons I decided to equip at the start of the game.

At some point I just decided to work toward one of the "decks" they offer as guildelines, since I was using those weapons anyway.

but being able to use a shotgun is long overdue in a MMOrpg.

The mood and atmosphere in the game is the best in the genre.

BigDes

Yeah Secret World is amazing

The skill system isn't all that obtuse when you get down to brass tacks

You have skills that build your meter and then skills that use the meter when it is full. You just choose a good mixture between them.

The impaired/weakened stuff is not massively important in the early game really. Plus Kingsmouth is one of the best MMO worlds ever made.

The Park game on Steam is set in the theme park area of Kingsmouth.

Shame The Park isn't all that good.

Secret World seems like the type of game I could get into if it weren't an MMO.

Sou Da

Star Wars The Old Republic is the closes SP MMO

Ironically this is exactly the game I was thinking of when I posted that.

I have fun with it but the MMO caveats ruin a lot of the game for me and pretty much everyone else who jumped into that game wanting a new kotor.

Numb

Just finished Jessica Jones. Marvel hit another out of the park, but I still prefer Dare Devil for two main reasons.

2)
Thought about it and liked JJ more than DD.
Although Kingpin is a fantastic character and bad guy prefer KG.
Hated Simpson alot but he gets so much development and goes through a bunch of arcs in a short period more than anyone else. You feel invested in him.
Matt Smith.

2nd with the reboot and fourth if adding classic

Malyse

Yeah Secret World is amazing

The skill system isn't all that obtuse when you get down to brass tacks

You have skills that build your meter and then skills that use the meter when it is full. You just choose a good mixture between them.

The impaired/weakened stuff is not massively important in the early game really. Plus Kingsmouth is one of the best MMO worlds ever made.

The Park game on Steam is set in the theme park area of Kingsmouth.

Shame The Park isn't all that good.

Secret World seems like the type of game I could get into if it weren't an MMO.

So what you're telling me is that we should make a Secret World cabal.

On that note, GTA Online with bots would be amazing.

[Insert MMO] would be amazing [offline] with bots. JS.

royalan

Lord, Bish's "Ain't got time for the bullshit" posts in the BLM threads lately...got me rocked like I just left Lexington Steele's house.

Kreed

honestly, if jessica jones cast was patsy, malcolm and guest appearances by night nurse, it would have been ok, but the lawyer plot really bogged the series down. same with the crazy neighbor stuff, they should have cut her out after her brother died. and whoever said kilgrave would be as sympathetic as fisk was full of shit.

Kilgrave wasn't even Wesley tier. I get his powers are insane but I was done with him as a character by episode 9. They should have treated him like they did King Pin, holding off on any and all confrontations until near the end and had him more behind the scenes until maybe around episode 7 to build up hype.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

2)

Jessica Jones is a fucked up tv show. Really fucked up and im not even done.

Numb

He is the black friend that says "You know you fucking up right?" or"Damn!!" or "You got to hit that!!"

Stereotypical one liners are easy plots devices,quick and directly to the point.
It's no wonder they are all over the place and sometimes the only thing they ever get to say.
In ancient Egypt being a god tho? lol that would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom