• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're not a theist, ok.

you're not a humanist, then? hm..well.

so...you're...not a nihilist, I'm assuming

you don't believe, in god, in religion in faith, but I don't want to end up in a circular logic loop here.

well, you're spot on with #1 and #3 but i had to look up #2 and i was taking a quiz and then i got to this question and i didn't particularly like the available answers.

NlaOdIt.png

i'm sort of between B and D on that but closer to D so i picked D and scored 100% humanist.

*shrug*

Malyse

STARRING
  • Richard Ayoade as Broku
  • Keven Hart as Chillin'
  • Jaleel White as Brohan
  • Lil' Wayne as Brogeta
  • and Snoop Dogg Pimp-a-hoe

Trey

The free will argument for a deity - that God merely sets the rules but does not meddle in the agency of individuals - reduces the argument to what point is there in worshipping such a God? That simply doesn't square with much of the tenets of many religions, nor allay much of atheism's concern with religious dogma.

Numb

Plus unlike DBZ, the music would be on point.

DBZ has music?

We calculate you are 18% humanist.

You almost certainly have a religious faith, and Humanism is probably not for you

hmmmmm.....
I ain't gonna lie. The first thing that came to mind when i saw that Thoth poster was if i could pull off using it as traditional mosque gear.

Kreed

a thought to share before considering a thread. atheists and those who claim that god is a negative thing always point to the fact that god allows bad things to happen. but if god intervened in every event, this would essentially prevent the true flow and ebb of life, it would pervert free will and cause and effect and everything else if god was there to catch every glass before it fell or extend every life to 100. There would be no such thing as choice or chance or failing or evil, the struggle of living would be meaningless if it existed at all. If their entire premise is that they don't need god to lead a moral and good life on earth, god's whole point seems to be you don't need him/her to make life on earth a wonderful thing free of pain or suffering, you just have to choose it. That same free will and self interest based decision making is why we are all where we are. We blame god when it's humanity and we blame god for allowing humanity to be human.

You're already starting off wrong approaching creating a thread under the idea that all atheists share the same reasons for not believing in God and I can already imagine the thread backfire responses. Your premise may be true for many outspoken atheist on GAF (who will conveniently never make an appearance in your proposed thread), but many atheist around the world have no real understanding of the Bible/Torah/Quran concept of God. Ex: People in Asian countries where religions such as Christianity are not the norm. I myself could be labeled either Agnostic or Agnostic Atheist depending on which atheist GAFer you talk to about what those labels mean, and the majority of the reasons why my views fell under those labels from being raised in a Baptist Church have nothing to do with what you're discussing.

This show its all around fucked up. Really fucked up. really really fucked up.

On a scale of 1-10, it's a 3 for fucked up.
Black Gas is a 5
Authority is a 4-6
Punisher is 8
Crossed, depending on the story, is a 10

But, more of these shows need to exist. I want the same balance as Marvel movies in a quality sense.

akira28

You're already starting off wrong approaching creating a thread under the idea that all atheists share the same reasons for not believing in God and I can already imagine the thread backfire responses. Your premise may be true for many outspoken atheist on GAF (who will conveniently never make an appearance in your proposed thread), but many atheist around the world have no real understanding of the Bible/Torah/Quran concept of God. Ex: People in Asian countries where religions such as Christianity are not the norm. I myself could be labeled either Agnostic or Agnostic Atheist depending on which atheist GAFer you talk to about what those labels mean, and the majority of the reasons why my views fell under those labels from being raised in a Baptist Church have nothing to do with what you're discussing.

atheists are always pointing to that thing of whatever I typed hours ago. not all atheists, but in the temporal if not the general sense I wanted to address nonbelievers and anti-theists of all sorts and reference the self-described atheists since we have a number of them on GAF. I didn't think I'd get into a discussion of classifications and generalities and get stuck there, and I wasn't trying to approach the many reasons why people become atheists. I just wanted to address the whole God free will humanity thing. I could give a fuck about the rest.

and now back to regular news, its cold as fuck out there.
edit: that was unnecessarily negative. but i did learn that the subject matter lends to being easily drawn astray or getting bogged down, but we did get some philosophical gems that could make for good discussion, but would it be worth all the potential acrimony and pages of circular arguments that would come with making the actual thread in OT. I could rewrite the question to address the things raised here of course, but, it just

Village

Wait.

Do people really not know that Cloud x Tifa is a canon pairing?

Folks will come up with ... interesting reasons as justifications for whatever ship they have. Sometimes its funny, sometimes is weird, sometimes its odd. But that's the essence of the net , right?

Sometimes those weird folks get jobs as writers and sometimes its cool, and sometimes its super bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom