• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 is awful. It's like they thought "hey guys, the AI companions in the first game were kind of useless so let's make them more integral and even MORE useless. Oh, and let's make the game as little fun as possible too because FUCK the people playing this game. Seriously, fuck them."

Nah breh....just nah

Supnatural was a mistake, nothing but trash

f3c1ddbd2d53336899ca2a1d83fb09c29f90ae370047cedc0f8c3f2cf7c4b4e9.jpg

Nah breh....just nah

Did you have fun babysitting Moira? Can't shoot, won't shoot? Let's play the focus my fucking flashlight game? Because I certainly didn't.

And apparently you could co-op that shit? I bet people had a whale of a time playing is Moira...

I can understand the hostility towards her first post, it sounds like some closet racist shit seen in OT wrapped up to sound genuine (though her later responses sounds like she was legit curious and just knew no better about what she was actually saying), but DY was right that we aren't helping ourselves with that kind of behavior and we had the chance to change someone's attitude but possibly reinforced it. People like that are not going to know what exactly is wrong with the way they think unless you tell them and going off on them isn't going to help.

I'm not trying to say we should be grateful they are being open to learning from their wrongs, but we should give them respect if they are honestly curious even if you have a strong urge to just go with a canned statement telling them to fuck off.

Did you have fun babysitting Moira? Can't shoot, won't shoot? Let's play the focus my fucking flashlight game? Because I certainly didn't.

I didn't have to Babysit Moira because she got the hell out of the way and never died unless I was playing as her(which is unnecessary most of the time) and unlike Ashley could do stuff.(who I also don't have a problem with). I had alot of fun with the game tbh. Plus the reason she doesn't use guns is a really well written plot point. REV2 is legit.

I didn't have to Babysit Moira because she got the hell out of the way and never died unless I was playing as her(which is unnecessary most of the time) and unlike Ashley could do stuff.(who I also don't have a problem with). I had alot of fun with the game tbh. Plus the reason she doesn't use guns is a really well written plot point. REV2 is legit.

A plot point that is presented to the player (initially) as "I'm not going to help you." I did note she got out of the way but also, the enemies weren't interested in her at all so she was useless as even a distraction. (Babysit was probably not the right word from a gameplay perspective but it's definitely how it felt to have her as a "partner".) At least the partners in RER1 pretended to be helpful, she literally would do nothing unless I directly controlled her and offered nothing except tedium in her gameplay. Like I said, I really enjoyed the first one but this game just felt off.

As an aside, I do not like the partner based gameplay Resident Evil has gone for and generally try and ignore it as much as possible. Fairly easy in 5,6 and RER1 not so much in this one.

Yeah, I see what Jmood was talking about in the Jessica Jones threads. It kills my mood seeing the negativity in there. It feels like I'm on 616 and their on 1014 or somewhere else.

I finally finished the whole thing I quite enjoyed it. Loved it in fact. I'm sort of embarrassed I finished it in only three days, but it has caused a creative spurt in me. Watching a good movie or show makes it easier to write for me and this show got a lot of words in for me. Like always, if something really resonates with me, I analyze everything that worked for it and try to apply that to my own writing. I'm eager to see where they go from here.

A plot point that is presented to the player (initially) as "I'm not going to help you." I did note she got out of the way but also, the enemies weren't interested in her at all so she was useless as even a distraction. (Babysit was probably not the right word from a gameplay perspective but it's definitely how it felt to have her as a "partner".) At least the partners in RER1 pretended to be helpful, she literally would do nothing unless I directly controlled her and offered nothing except tedium in her gameplay. Like I said, I really enjoyed the first one but this game just felt off.

As an aside, I do not like the partner based gameplay Resident Evil has gone for and generally try and ignore it as much as possible. Fairly easy in 5,6 and RER1 not so much in this one.

I couldn't even play REV1 so you like what you like I suppose. But I'd like to see a game with REV2's mechanics in at least maybe 7 because we aren't getting RE6's dope ass controls back.

Slayven

Yeah, I see what Jmood was talking about in the Jessica Jones threads. It kills my mood seeing the negativity in there. It feels like I'm on 616 and their on 1014 or somewhere else.

I finally finished the whole thing I quite enjoyed it. Loved it in fact. I'm sort of embarrassed I finished it in only three days, but it has caused a creative spurt in me. Watching a good movie or show makes it easier to write for me and this show got a lot of words in for me. Like always, if something really resonates with me, I analyze everything that worked for it and try to apply that to my own writing. I'm eager to see where they go from here.

Yeah that is why i don't mess with OTs that much. I think the nature of people bingeing doesn't lean itself to discussion and what not.

Yeah that is why i don't mess with OTs that much. I think the nature of people bingeing doesn't lean itself to discussion and what not.

Hey Slayven, who could be a possible villain for Season 2? I didn't know much about her before the show. I just knew that she's Luke's wifey, his babyma, and of Purple Man. That's it.
I really liked Kilgrave in it, but killing him seemed like a bad choice to me. How can you top him? He felt like the Joker to Jessica. To me it seems like anything that'll come next won't compare.

Hey Slayven, who could be a possible villain for Season 2? I didn't know much about her before the show. I just knew that she's Luke's wifey, his babyma, and of Purple Man. That's it.
I really liked Kilgrave in it, but killing him seemed like a bad choice to me. How can you top him? He felt like the Joker to Jessica. To me it seems like anything that'll come next won't compare.

I'd guess Parker Robins.

Console, and this was right after 6 so I was like ew this isn't even on RE5's level on controls. The game just felt sloppy to me.

Ah, I only played on 3DS. Oddly enough, Rev 2 feels sloppy to me and I hate the door transitions. Didn't even have the "it's a handheld game" excuse.

Slayven

I think they did it right, because in the comics she gets over him and he has no more power over her literally and figuratively. Then she goes on to be happy.

If I was doing it?

Deadly_Nightshade_h19.jpg

A streetwise super scientist is a hella of a thing. Especially with her giving superpowers and gear to gangs and what not.

Trey

I find this corny. Don't think I'm picking on you; I understand why negativity can get bothersome. And I'm using your sentiments to address the wider issue I have with tone policing in OTs. But trying to understand diverging perspectives when it comes to entertainment is healthy if it's constructive.

I found JJ mediocre for many reasons, and I share those thoughts to inform, not to kill your vibe. I don't think we watched different shows just because you liked it and I mostly didn't. I simply think we have different opinions. and those diverging persprctives help me further reflect upon my own. Makes watching a show more fun that way.

I don't find too much toxicity in the JJ thread - it's mostly positive. But it shouldn't be a circle jerk: people are allowed to have problems with it.

Malyse

I find this corny. Don't think I'm picking on you; I understand why negativity can get bothersome. And I'm using your sentiments to address the wider issue I have with tone policing in OTs. But trying to understand diverging perspectives when it comes to entertainment is healthy if it's constructive.

I found JJ mediocre for many reasons, and I share those thoughts to inform, not to kill your vibe. I don't think we watched different shows just because you liked it and I mostly didn't. I simply think we have different opinions. and those diverging persprctives help me further reflect upon my own. Makes watching a show more fun that way.

I don't find too much toxicity in the JJ thread - it's mostly positive. But it shouldn't be a circle jerk: people are allowed to have problems with it.

Man that first episode is just overwhelmingly terrible, aside from the elevator scene. I can't believe it actually gets worse than that.

The dialogue ranges from stilted cardboard, to lazy ham-fisted exposition, to crappy attempts to establish intrigue by having Jessica speak about her past without any specifics in a way nobody actually communicates. The only scenes with decent dialogue I can remember were the flirtation at the bar and the first conversation with the parents.

I loved Kristen Ritter in Apt 23, but she does not pull off damaged or sardonic at all. Everything seems so "acted."

I can't for the life of me understand how people are engaged in this, and I love superhero shows and female-fronted Buffy/Veronica Mars/iZombie-style shows.

There's having a problem and then there's needlessly demeaning. Don't like something, but don't try to make me feel bad for liking it.

----

Making a movie about Jordan Davis

Trey

That's what I mean by toxic. Those "I don't see how anyone can like this" posts are just as corny. I haven't seen too much of that, but it deserves calling out just the same.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I had a dream today that I could adjust the ingame brightness for Fallout 4. Turn game on, nope. :(

Numb

It's been bothering me since I bought the game. I have only been able to play the game for couple hours, it's so bright, like staring at the sun.

If its on that lvl and getting in the way of enjoying the game mess with the monitor or tv settings instead. It sucks that it doesnt have ingame for that.

royalan

I can understand the hostility towards her first post, it sounds like some closet racist shit seen in OT wrapped up to sound genuine (though her later responses sounds like she was legit curious and just knew no better about what she was actually saying), but DY was right that we aren't helping ourselves with that kind of behavior and we had the chance to change someone's attitude but possibly reinforced it. People like that are not going to know what exactly is wrong with the way they think unless you tell them and going off on them isn't going to help.

I'm not trying to say we should be grateful they are being open to learning from their wrongs, but we should give them respect if they are honestly curious even if you have a strong urge to just go with a canned statement telling them to fuck off.

I'm sorry, but no. She was genuinely curious about what? Where do you find the good black men? How do you even quantify that? It's an offensive question from the jump.

Where do you find the good black men? The same place you find everyone else.

First thing His name is Static

We don''t don't call Superman The Man of Tomrrow

Second the Greatest is Spiderman.

Runner up is

4478664-tumblr_lqq3yda09p1r2vraro1_500.gif

Whoa dere. I know his name is Static, I only added "(Shock)" for others, and how is it possible to have such a wrong opinion? Where am I?

Breh traveled on a trash can lid.

He ain't shit.

Socio-economical disadvantages are nothing to scoff at.

I take back the welcome I never gave you. ��

Run it.

Crocodile

Jandro, how's your girl doing?

Where do people even find gifs like these?

So, I'm assuming we all agree Static (Shock) is the best super hero right? He's the reason I grew dreads in high school.

No but I will say I was a big fan of the Saturday morning cartoon show <3

Breh traveled on a trash can lid.

He ain't shit.

You call that "ain't-shit-ness" I call that resourcefulness on a low budget. Man's gotta make due with he got. Not every hero can be born into privilege like Batman :p

dont fight slayven when it comes to comics. Don't try. Don't

I'm expecting to receive a paragraph response now. I'll just throw my hands up now and say it's not that deep BUT I'll still wait for his response though. If he is really a comic fan I want to hear his thoughts. I mean, Spiderman is my #2 favorite but Static is still the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom