• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

For the Vita heads, Freedom Wars is $4.99 on the US Amazon with prime early access right now.
It's also not very good. Enemies are annoying and cheap. Very frustrating game. If you get it, try to find a high level crew to clear missions online. Though that won't be for a while.

Good character creation though.

Slayven

What kind of game is freedom wars?

aNqJU8b.png

Malyse

What kind of game is freedom wars?
Third person shooter + Monster Hunter + frustration simulation.

Well, technically you can use a sword too, but good fucking luck if you do.

Adding on to my previous comment, the story has no conclusion, and it's somehow worse than Kingdom Hearts when it comes to back loading the story in the final few hours. That being said, if you want to you can break the game in the most absurd ways. I've played with people who took down the hardest optional boss in a matter of seconds. But getting your weapons to that involves save scumming and abuse of RNG.

Slayven

I was checking m racebaiting google alert and found a few stories that are quite the eye opener

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/11/27/utrecht-school-drops-blackface-zwarte-piet-for-minions/

One primary school in Utrecht will have Minions helping Sinterklaas this year, instead of Zwarte Piet. After SPO Utrecht, an organization that governs 33 public elementary schools in the city, banned Zwarte Piet due to racism, the schools had to come up with different ways to handle the Sinterklaas celebration this year, NRC reports.

One school turned to the Minions, from animated movie Despicable Me. In the movie, the fumbling yellow creatures are supposed to serve their evil genius master, and they do. But mostly not in a way that is very helpful to his evil plans.

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/11/27/zwarte-piet-documentary-director-called-black-monkey-in-hate-mail/

Roger Williams, who directed a short documentary about Zwarte Piet, received hate mail in which he was called a “black monkey” after he called Sinterklaas’ controversial helper “Holland’s dirty little secret”.

The American director revealed this in an interview with NRC. “They wrote things like ‘Eat a banana, you fucking black monkey’. I thought: if Zwarte Piet isn’t racist, then why are you saying these racist things to me?” Williams said. “When I made a film about how Uganda persecuted and murdered homosexuals, the Ugandans also said yes, but that’s our tradition, you as outsider don’t understand.”

Numb

I picked up Bloodborne on sale yesterday after hitting up Target last night....what kind of bullshit am I in for?

Damn....
Just be careful. You'll know what's up if you played other souls games. Also the gun does shit damagae but it ain't for damage but countering. Counter all day when you can.

Good god, listening to my old mixtapes. How the fuck did I go from New Jack Swing to Utada Hikaru (EDIT - and back to New Jack Swing) ?!?! This mixtape just went from 100 to about 25 xD
You mean from 100 to 1000
Morning, all. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks Slayven for looking out and thanks to you Shy for keeping me and Jean company. Appreciate all the well wishes from the BCT fam..I think I should be good for a good 8 months. And with that..

stooge_turkey.png

Pork Solder>>>>>>>everything else
Welcome back G-man.
Welcome.
How is that image if possible..

Warxard

Banned
Question: what are your thoughts on Mafia 3? As both fans, and newcomers to the series how do you feel about the design of the protagonist and what we've seen so far in the gameplay/concept art?

I think as an additional question to compliment this I should probably ask: how do you feel about the 'one drop rule?'

Numb

Question: what are your thoughts on Mafia 3? As both fans, and newcomers to the series how do you feel about the design of the protagonist and what we've seen so far in the gameplay/concept art?

Fan of Mafia 2 so just glad there is another one in the works. Like that they are shaking up the characters and people getting salty about it lol. Gameplay has too much cover shooting for my liking from what i saw in the first trailer but those brutal excutions were tight.
Looking forward to it.

D i Z

I think as an additional question to compliment this I should probably ask: how do you feel about the 'one drop rule?'

I don't see a problem. Did they change something since the reveal that conflicts with the story?

Enzom21

Played the first one, never played the second, will most likely check out the third. Amused by but not surprised by the reaction to the protagonist.

The one drop rule only really applies if a person actually looks black. If they can pass, than no one would think twice about considering them white.
A perfect example is the woman from Little White Lie. She was raised by two white people and she believed that she was white, yet everyone who met her assumed she was black because she looks black.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Morning, all. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks Slayven for looking out and thanks to you Shy for keeping me and Jean company. Appreciate all the well wishes from the BCT fam..I think I should be good for a good 8 months. And with that..

stooge_turkey.png

Pork Solder>>>>>>>everything else

THANK YOU GORDON
*CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*

Huh..well ain't that something..nice find.
Welcome back G-man.
Welcome.
How is that image if possible..
Twas meant to be, friend. You ready for a couple of rounds? Been almost a week.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Mafia 3 will be my first Mafia game as I never paid attention to the others thinking they were gta clones. That trailer got me so hype cause I've been waiting for a game with a black protagonist that takes place in that era forever.

The design of the protagonist is just ok. I'm not sure what they could have done to make Clay stand out more but he's kinda bland tbh.

The one drop rule is a reality in America and it's as simple as that. I mean hell, look how they treat the president and that's the highest position of power in the nation. I know a lot of biracial people hate choosing a side of whatever but it wasn't long ago where there wasn't even a choice . Just my 2 cents.

Shy

Welcome back fam, and you're both very welcome.

Numb

Good games Gordon. Had to stop that satanic Slayven ninja of yours. Made me put on my angel gear.
Seems like booty and jandro kicks are no longer enough to beat you. Thank god i found that body splash.

Malyse

It has been stated recently that the game Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will not be ported to western countries out of fear of moral backlash. The publisher, Koei Tecmo, is afraid of the cultural outrage occurring in the west over video games, and has chosen to let it get the better of them.

This is a mistake. The puritan sensationalists are nothing but a self-glorified cabal of bullies and narcissists who are vastly outnumbered by their critics, most of whom are core gamers. The idea that any game should be withheld from its audience because of fear of depicting the female body is so outrageous that it should be called out and challenged wherever it is condoned, lest we give ground to the hackneyed pearl-clutchers who would put the world in a bottle if they had the power to.

People care about this game. They have been looking forward to it and yearned for the fun they will have when they get to play it. Now they won't, and the reason for it is because somebody else doesn't want them to. I cannot accept this. I won't live in a world where the comfort and happiness of a human being can be so effortlessly taken away from them by outside influences. For our lives and our hometowns, we must resist. Please, help us bring joy back to our industry and to our hobby.

https://www.change.org/p/koei-tecmo-bring-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-to-the-west

This "controversy" will never not amuse me. What a way to shift blame and dominate the news cycle. No matter what, KT wins. I'm betting that they top the 246 thousand copies world wide that the last game sold.

andthebeatgoeson

Indeed bud.
Coming online.

Better than a sandwich. Progress. Dude, how you gonna take a day off and say goodbye and come back the next day? I picked out new napkins, put on my 'bye felicia' t shirt, bought some new incense and everything.

Actually, raise your hand if you still burn incense. I don't think they have a hustle incense man in the south. Is it the humidity? Maybe because everybody uncle put on enough cologne for 3 neighborhoods.

Malyse

Well that's a straight lie. No one made them not localize it other than themselves. If it was Rockstar they would've played that angle to sell more copies.

It's brilliant. They either don't have to deal with publishing in the West and leave it to the imports OR they "change their mind" and get credit for sticking it to those pesky SJW's. KT wins either way and they actually have people talking about DOA again, something I haven't thought of since Monty Oum died.

Numb

Better than a sandwich. Progress. Dude, how you gonna take a day off and say goodbye and come back the next day? I picked out new napkins, put on my 'bye felicia' t shirt, bought some new incense and everything.

Actually, raise your hand if you still burn incense. I don't think they have a hustle incense man in the south. Is it the humidity? Maybe because everybody uncle put on enough cologne for 3 neighborhoods.
Oh lordy. lol
I am still burning it but glad he back.

Does anyone listen to Game of Thrones audiobook? I am like 30% done with the first one and I plan to ramp up my listening soon. Hopefully I might be done by the next season in April.

Malyse

Does anyone listen to Game of Thrones audiobook? I am like 30% done with the first one and I plan to ramp up my listening soon. Hopefully I might be done by the next season in April.

I have it, but I'm not.

I'm working through the books of swords. So underrated.

GGs Shy and Numb.

Not sure what the mystery here is. Thanksgiving was me and my wife..alone..my daughter didn't even stay. It's the first with my son in a box in a closet. I needed time alone. Even told Slay it was too hard for me to be around for a couple of days. The statement was meant for y'all to be thankful for who and what you have because it can be snatched away for no good fucking reason.

Sorry for this shitty post. Goodbye (this means I'm returning because forever wasn't mentioned).

Malyse

Good looking out, I haven't played the game in a while but its rare you catch season passes this low.

I've bought like 50 games in the past two days because of this stupid fucking Steam sale.

----

English is kind of a bullshit langauge, yeah? I mean:

"James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher"

Actually a sentence that makes sense. People who have English as their second language are impressive as fuck.
GGs Shy and Numb.

Not sure what the mystery here is. Thanksgiving was me and my wife..alone..my daughter didn't even stay. It's the first with my son in a box in a closet. I needed time alone. Even told Slay it was too hard for me to be around for a couple of days. The statement was meant for y'all to be thankful for who and what you have because it can be snatched away for no good fucking reason.

Sorry for this shitty post. Goodbye (this means I'm returning because forever wasn't mentioned).

I mean, Beef, JC, and Duck still post in here, so I think you're still well above what could be considered a shitty post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom