• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsIOzOn.gif

D i Z

Where you're from - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Where you live - Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm half Khaleeji Arab, a quarter Ethiopian and a quarter turkish. I've been told I can pass anywhere from italian to black, but I usually identify as arab even though I don't really care how people see my ethnicity.
Do you know your roots - I do, but I honestly don't follow it. Just being my own man I guess.
Favorite musical genre - If I were to be specific I'd go 80's Thrash Metal, but I enjoy a wide variety of genres with rock in general probably as my fav with hiphop as a close second.
Your profession/major/career interest - Film director
Your religious affiliation - Atheist
Hobbies - Playing guitar, retro games, watching movies and tv from any period of any quality, basketball, cooking, and wasting my time online.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's
Fun fact - I fixed up my own custom built car at the age of 22. Still one of my favorite things that I've ever done.

I'm not black or "full on" black or whatever. But this seems like a good community and I'd like to contribute every now and again, so I thought it's only fair to introduce myself.

Welcome.

zeemumu

It's 9:30 over here and everyone's still asleep aside from me because I'm a morning person against my will, and I'm running around silently cheering because I got the Save/Load system in my game to work, which means it's officially ready. The professor said that he wouldn't notify us about when our presentation dates are until the last minute so we couldn't procrastinate, so it's completely possible that I may have to present tomorrow.

Y'all suck for not playing Star Wars.

I've been busy. With any luck I'll be on tomorrow evening.

harSon

Banned
What is the fucking point of devil's advocate? I feel like it exists only to give fools a reason to act a fool under the guise of "friendly debate".

Eh, it's always good to have two sides to a debate

:3

And Haikyū!! is pretty legit. It's filling that sports anime void I've been feeling since Kuroko ended

Shy

Where you're from - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Where you live - Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm half Khaleeji Arab, a quarter Ethiopian and a quarter turkish. I've been told I can pass anywhere from italian to black, but I usually identify as arab even though I don't really care how people see my ethnicity.
Do you know your roots - I do, but I honestly don't follow it. Just being my own man I guess.
Favorite musical genre - If I were to be specific I'd go 80's Thrash Metal, but I enjoy a wide variety of genres with rock in general probably as my fav with hiphop as a close second.
Your profession/major/career interest - Film director
Your religious affiliation - Atheist
Hobbies - Playing guitar, retro games, watching movies and tv from any period of any quality, basketball, cooking, and wasting my time online.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's
Fun fact - I fixed up my own custom built car at the age of 22. Still one of my favorite things that I've ever done.

I'm not black or "full on" black or whatever. But this seems like a good community and I'd like to contribute every now and again, so I thought it's only fair to introduce myself.
Welcome to you good sir.
GOOD Morning BCT!!!!
JEAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!
vF2rUYP.gif

Speaking of tropes (Netflix spoilers)
did Jessica Jones and Daredevil both have to kill the noble black man? Da fuck?
Yeah, i thought that was bullshit too.

D i Z

Found an Indian Store out here in Hawthorne yesterday. A little slice of heaven. Bought half of a goat and a load of Samosa's. Gonna be some good eats for weeks.

Numb

Eh, it's always good to have two sides to a debate

:3

And Haikyū!! is pretty legit. It's filling that sports anime void I've been feeling since Kuroko ended

Pretty hype show.
Sports show usually are fun when they don't shit the bed completely.

D i Z

How great is it that the Liu Kang and Shao Khan posters are ideologically opposed

It is pretty amusing. I wonder how deep does the MK characters doing random shit rabbit hole actually go?

*Waits for Sub to explain and either blow my mind, or leave me gravely disappointed*

Despite me posting her for a while, I don't think I ever properly introduced myself. So here I go.

Where you're from - Fort Konx, Kentucky
Where you live - Great Falls, Montana ;_;
What is your age? - 22
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm black, from as long as I saw back, all the way back to my great great grandparents
Do you know your roots - Unforunately not. I know I have family scattered all over the southern part of the US, with some more in West Virginia and Ohio
Favorite musical genre - Rap, Electronica, Jazz
Your profession/major/career interest - I am in the Air Force as Services. We provide Services for folk. It's fine.
Your religious affiliation - None
Hobbies - Reading, writing, video games, music, and sports
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Well, Popeye's been keeping me sane here in Montana, so they my favorite now.

Numb

*Waits for Sub to explain and either blow my mind, or leave me gravely disappointed*
I thought Sub and the MK crew here on GAF were the actual illuminati..
Despite me posting her for a while, I don't think I ever properly introduced myself. So here I go.

What is your age? - 22
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm black, from as long as I saw back, all the way back to my great great grandparents
Do you know your roots - Unforunately not. I know I have family scattered all over the southern part of the US, with some more in West Virginia and Ohio
Your profession/major/career interest - I am in the Air Force as Services. We provide Services for folk. It's fiiiiine.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Well, Popeye's been keeping me sane here in Montana, so they my favorite now.
Welcome welcome.
Fo reals.

Shy

What is your age? - 22
Your profession/major/career interest - I am in the Air Force as Services. We provide Services for folk. It's fine.
Hello to you old-new chum.

It is pretty amusing. I wonder how deep does the MK characters doing random shit rabbit hole actually go?

I know there's Johnny Cage in the shower and Baraka in the White House but can't think of any others.

Where's Kung Lao at the record shop

What is your age? - 22
what's good family.

you are most welcome here.

Great playing with you as always, Shy..I think you and Dirt need to be partners grim now on. Results are fantastic. The hell with the rest of you uppity negro folk..

Sou Da

Google doesn't give me a clear answer so tell me ClosetAnimeGAF: Is OPM's power just that he's really strong is it literally "He can beat anything with one punch"

If it's the latter I'm not giving it the time of day.

Sou Da

Almost anything.

It's funny for other reasons tho

Nah breh, that's a feat not a power. I guess it can work better in a comedy manga/anime but that's still offputting.

Not likely to post in it's OT here anyways,discussing an anime tackling superheroes always gets to "weaboo superiority complex" for me.

Numb

Google doesn't give me a clear answer so tell me ClosetAnimeGAF: Is OPM's power just that he's really strong is it literally "He can beat anything with one punch"

If it's the latter I'm not giving it the time of day.

Really strong physically. To a level that's unheard of or yet to be seen fully.
So his basic punch is like that.
One Punch Man is what happens when you take a running joke to the extreme and don't know when to stop
Re-reading it a couple of times and you will feel how he feels for real. Nothing is a challenge and there is no reward. It all comes from everyone else struggling till he shows up and shows you just how easy this really really really hard thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom