• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Ok so I quoted this post and was about to yell at you till I saw what you had hidden in here.

Example #35315321325 of why using sarcasm when discussing serious subjects online SUCKS

helps make you not get mad about it though. After my last banning, Im never taking race threads seriously anymore

dude should try being a slave, heard they actually have workshops that focus on that.

wouldn't be surprised if they omit whipping and starving the unhelpful.

Jacir

What kind of shit...
rstqkrR.png

RLYfmAJ.png

That rhyme was just stuck in my head for some reason.

Got a problem with that?
RLYfmAJ.png

does any of them know or care that she's a 17yr old lesbian? at least that's what i remember, this chick popped up sometime last year i believe

He identifies as male, just likes to be androgynous.

I woke up and got like 80 alerts, I log back in to see damn near 50 more people took Ls in that thread xD

Numb

Ra dam trope is annoying me when i came back to it after quitting after ep 5 and i feel it's cheating it's story telling b/c of it
at least Scream has a reason for it

I put high hopes on it but didn't deliver. My own worst enemy dude
is Mr Robot and not an actual robot that the smart dude built or something.
Maybe that shouldn't be what i should be thinking about at all.:)
Still got annoying and boring tho.

I put high hopes on it but didn't deliver. My own worst enemy dude
is Mr Robot and not an actual robot that the smart dude built or something.
Maybe that shouldn't be what i should be thinking about at all.:)
Still got annoying and boring tho.

the whole
unreliable narrator
shit is only sorta ok but they straight up purposely
mislead while doing so with scenes of Mr Robot that make no sense after the reveal that he was Mr Robot all along
i.e. the thing in the car while what's his face was having a breakdown. which is just storytelling cheating

Numb

the whole
unreliable narrator
shit is only sorta ok but they straight up purposely
mislead while doing so with scenes of Mr Robot that make no sense after the reveal that he was Mr Robot all along
i.e. the thing in the car while what's his face was having a breakdown. which is just storytelling cheating

A second season won't happen at this rate.Cancelling Hannibal so nothing is safe tho. Don't know whether he is sociable nerd or not either. Flip flops. Not many genius main character shows out there and i like those. You look for those and things like House,Prison break and Dexter pop where things like Scorpion,John Doe and Sherlock should. John Doe is on another whole other level tho. Dude knows literally everything and language by default without learning. And the funniest thing is it's Dominic Purcell who usually plays muscle headed guys like Vin diesal.

Sou Da

Deathstroke took things too personal, like folks forget that end game for the Judas contract was to kill all the titans but Starfire and Raven, he wanted them for sex slaves.

Spend all of your golden years trying to fuck over some teenagers, brehs.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Any of y'all had jury duty before ? what was it like ? what should I expect ?

Campaign Zero (via Deray and Netta's thisisthemovement) just put up a comprehensive rollout on what they want out from politicians dealing with police reform.

They even have a comparison sheet showing which politicians are planning on fixing what.

Here it is.

I personally don't feel like posting it in OT because I'm honestly sick of a bunch of dudes who haven't done shit to fix any of this acting like they a) know what's best and b) can do better.

If it conflicts with your job schedule, make sure to check / ask around for the policies regarding jury duty. Most big companies have rules in place to allow for compensation on days where you attend jury duty due to its legal requirements; I actually brought it up to a shift lead a few weeks ago because she had it and wasn't aware of the policy and ended up getting her full day's pay.

Slayven

Campaign Zero (via Deray and Netta's thisisthemovement) just put up a comprehensive rollout on what they want out from politicians dealing with police reform.

They even have a comparison sheet showing which politicians are planning on fixing what.

Here it is.

I personally don't feel like posting it in OT because I'm honestly sick of a bunch of dudes who haven't done shit to fix any of this acting like they a) know what's best and b) can do better.

I got you fam
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176115140#post176115140

I look forward to the new nitpicks of BLM

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

Here it is.

Good stuff.
aqDwC.png

I look forward to the new nitpicks of BLM

Breh it already started. A lot of aint shit niggas have been going in on BLM since the Hilary vid came out.

Kreed

If it's anything like Florida what you're going to go through is a selection process before you become an actual juror. First you'll go in and be put in a room with a bunch of other potential jurors for an hour+. Then officials come into the room and start calling out jurors for cases (around 30 people out of the potential 12 that will be selected to actually be a juror). Depending on how "lucky/unlucky" you are, depending on how you feel about jury duty, you have to stay in this room until you are called. Anyone not called by the afternoon/lunch time is sent home at that point.

If you are called into a group of 30, you are then taken to a court room and you meet the judge and lawyers. The judge/lawyers will give you "basics" about the case but they won't tell you specifics. The officers in the court room will also give you a few forms to find out about your job/your background in regards to your eligibility for jury duty (depending on your job/background, you could be determined ineligible/not a good jury pick) and then the lawyers will start asking you and the other potentials questions that relate to the case and how you feel about it. For example, one time I was on jury duty and it related to a man shooting a pit bull that attacked him. So the defense lawyer asked everyone how they feel about animals whereas the prosecutor asked how we felt about guns. Depending on how you answer these questions (ex: "I love dogs/I hate dogs") and how passionate you are with an answer will determine if you are picked. Since they are trying to give a "fair" trial, in this example, the "I love dog" potential jurors that were giving 5 minute long responses were the ones that were picked. If you're picked, you are on the case and have to keep going back to the court house. Otherwise if you aren't picked you go home.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Boredom

Add to that, you probably won't even be selected. At least you get mailed a check for $25!

If it conflicts with your job schedule, make sure to check / ask around for the policies regarding jury duty. Most big companies have rules in place to allow for compensation on days where you attend jury duty due to its legal requirements; I actually brought it up to a shift lead a few weeks ago because she had it and wasn't aware of the policy and ended up getting her full day's pay.

If it's anything like Florida what you're going to go through is a selection process before you become an actual juror. First you'll go in and be put in a room with a bunch of other potential jurors for an hour+. Then officials come into the room and start calling out jurors for cases (around 30 people out of the potential 12 that will be selected to actually be a juror). Depending on how "lucky/unlucky" you are, depending on how you feel about jury duty, you have to stay in this room until you are called. Anyone not called by the afternoon/lunch time is sent home at that point.

If you are called into a group of 30, you are then taken to a court room and you meet the judge and lawyers. The judge/lawyers will give you "basics" about the case but they won't tell you specifics. The officers in the court room will also give you a few forms to find out about your job/your background in regards to your eligibility for jury duty (depending on your job/background, you could be determined ineligible/not a good jury pick) and then the lawyers will start asking you and the other potentials questions that relate to the case and how you feel about it. For example, one time I was on jury duty and it related to a man shooting a pit bull that attacked him. So the defense lawyer asked everyone how they feel about animals whereas the prosecutor asked how we felt about guns. Depending on how you answer these questions (ex: "I love dogs/I hate dogs") and how passionate you are with an answer will determine if you are picked. Since they are trying to give a "fair" trial, in this example, the "I love dog" potential jurors that were giving 5 minute long responses were the ones that were picked. If you're picked, you are on the case and have to keep going back to the court house. Otherwise if you aren't picked you go home.

Thanks. Great info, hopefully I don't get picked. My hate for boredom trumps my hate for work.

Cool, I got to one of the roots of the issue.

People want Black Lives Matter to be more like a lobbying firm than actual activists.

Good to know. But alas, the master’s tools will never dismantle the master’s house.

I've had Jury Duty 5 times but never had to serve. It's basically a bunch of sitting around & doing nothing until your name or number gets called so bring stuff to keep yourself entertained. Most of the time I get out of there around noon even tough they usually tell us that we have to stay til 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom