• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

Female on the right is so soulless and ugly. How the hell she got in this ad looking like the devil took her soul and she is still alive.

BBYT_AW15_07JUL_US_S300X250_MC01_SOHO_NDC.jpg

Slayven

Quentin Tarantino Talks About Racial Tensions in 'The Hateful Eight'

http://ca.complex.com/pop-culture/2...mplexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"QT on an agenda"

I feel like it’s another ’60s moment, where the people themselves had to expose how ugly they were before things could change. I’m hopeful that that’s happening now.
That is the kind of shit that bothers me. When people feel like it is some moment in time and shit is just now popping off.

But for black people it was a Tuesday.

Must be nice to opt in and out.

Female on the right is so soulless and ugly. How the hell she got in this ad looking like the devil took her soul and she is still alive.

BBYT_AW15_07JUL_US_S300X250_MC01_SOHO_NDC.jpg

that's ugly? lmao. she got the soulless look for sure (like a lot of these models) but i dunno...she pretty fine. especially in black sails.

That is the kind of shit that bothers me. When people feel like it is some moment in time and shit is just now popping off.

"I'm just trying to end racism again like I did when Pulp Fiction came out," replies post-racial activist Tarantino

andthebeatgoeson

Quentin Tarantino Talks About Racial Tensions in 'The Hateful Eight'

http://ca.complex.com/pop-culture/2...mplexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"QT on an agenda"
Day one, then. I'm excited about him being excited. I believe we need people like Tarantino. White people in particular and other races interested in the history of supremacy in there country and correcting it. I love hearing about people talking the justice system. I wouldn't know but by reading but it does feel like we are in the 60's. Anxiety and anger are bubbling over.

I will place an asterisk by my thoughts that I am an optimist. But we have to have a diverse group of black people and all people with different perspectives, agendas, solutions, etc. Sometimes, it's a good thing to be alive. We may stay making head way on the justice system. We may see it change to a non profit.

andthebeatgoeson

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101234

Sub Dr Dre for Mel and I wonder how this thread goes
Now, I'm not even sure I want anything to do with Creed because of Stallone and that whole thing where he called the photographer a nigger. And I might end up missing a really good movie. Kind of like my personal boycott of Mel's movies due to comments 'while angry' (cwa). That's be my short hand for when white people say nigger. 'Oh, he was just angry.'

Got into JoJo like two weeks ago and man I'm beating myself up for taking all these years to do so. I'm up to Stardust Crusaders now but holy shit Battle Tendency was one wild ride.

JoJo influenced the fuck out of a lot of series I see... I caught Lisa Lisa being the base of Rose from Street Fighter even before her muffler fuckery even happened. Then you got Stroheim with the Guile hair.

Now this Kakyouin motherfucker has the Charlie/Nash hair. I wouldn't be surprised if Necali ended up being based on Cars. Can't wait to get home and watch some more, lol.

Bronx-Man

Banned
After three years of lurking, I finally get my GAF account approved! Can't wait to get banned within 3 days!

Where you're from - Bronx, NY
Where you live - Greensboro, NC
What is your age? - 18
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African-American, blacker than the heart of a fucking aryan.
Do you know your roots - Hahahaha, no.
Favorite musical genre - Industrial Hip-hop.
Your profession/major/career interest - Majoring in political science, minoring in theater.
Your religious affiliation - I'll get back to you on this one.
Hobbies - Writing screenplays and short stories, acting on stage, being a nerdy-ass nigga
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes, I'm not some heathen.

Nakazato

1st step complete.

Had mental breakdown Friday. Went to Dr today back on depression meds.... Yay....

2 step.
Look for a psychologists.

Step 3
?????

Step 4
Profit

Numb

Got into JoJo like two weeks ago and man I'm beating myself up for taking all these years to do so. I'm up to Stardust Crusaders now but holy shit Battle Tendency was one wild ride.

JoJo influenced the fuck out of a lot of series I see... I caught Lisa Lisa being the base of Rose from Street Fighter even before her muffler fuckery even happened. Then you got Stroheim with the Guile hair.

Now this Kakyouin motherfucker has the Charlie/Nash hair. I wouldn't be surprised if Necali ended up being based on Cars. Can't wait to get home and watch some more, lol.
Jojo is the greatest and also weirdest. Make sure to check out all the other parts aswell unless you just want to watch the anime. Part 4 is when things start geting real weird.

After three years of lurking, I finally get my GAF account approved! Can't wait to get banned within 3 days!

What is your age? - 18
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African-American, blacker than the heart of a fucking aryan.
Your profession/major/career interest - Majoring in political science, minoring in theater.
Hobbies - Writing screenplays and short stories, acting on stage, being a nerdy-ass nigga
Welcome welcome. The mods have banned enough people for now these past few days to last them.Just don't go ham for no reason.
1st step complete.

Had mental breakdown Friday. Went to Dr today back on depression meds.... Yay....

2 step.

Step 3
?????

Step 4
Profit
Stay strong man.

andthebeatgoeson

What is your age? - 18
What's industrial hip hop? And welcome.
1st step complete.

2 step.

Step 3
?????

Step 4
Profit
Love step 2. Repeat step 2 as many times as needed to find the right person. Every barber isn't the right barber for you. Every Popeye's isn't the right Popeye's. Etc Go find the right one.

Pro tip: if you can't afford it, tell them you can't afford it and ask if they have discounted rates. That's what I did. I know a bunch of psychiatrists and that's what they did whole in training. People making decent money, along for discounts. But the answer is always no unless you ask.

Infinite

I don't actually like Death Grips that much outside of Ex-Military and No Love, Deep Web.
I think they're dope but I mentioned them because they're probably by far the most popular act in the genre so someone may have come across them before without knowing what industrial hip-hop is at all. Anyway, I don't listen to the genre much but who do you like? Feel free to share, I'm always open to new music.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

youre lucky to jump in when diamond is unbreakable isnt a translated mess.

Speaking of Manga, I just got done reading Uzumaki.

You know, it was freaky as fuck, but I think I'd be way more engaged if there wasn't a clear out from the jump and it didn't seem like a character or two was dribbling the idiot ball for at least the first half of the manga. The end kind of fixed that, but still at least one character could have easily gotten the hell out of there before shit went down. Two at most.

Now, I'm not even sure I want anything to do with Creed because of Stallone and that whole thing where he called the photographer a nigger. And I might end up missing a really good movie. Kind of like my personal boycott of Mel's movies due to comments 'while angry' (cwa). That's be my short hand for when white people say nigger. 'Oh, he was just angry.'

I'm just so tired of seeing black men be the only ones held accountable for this shit.

Mel Gibson could punch a kid in the face at an elementary school and people would go "OLOL crazy mel at it again"

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think they're dope but I mentioned them because they're probably by far the most popular act in the genre so someone may have come across them before without knowing what industrial hip-hop is at all. Anyway, I don't listen to the genre much but who do you like? Feel free to share, I'm always open to new music.
Right now I mostly listen to Kanye, Kendrick, Flying Lotus, Vince Staples, Tame Impala, and Queens of the Stone Age.

Numb

You know, it was freaky as fuck, but I think I'd be way more engaged if there wasn't a clear out from the jump and it didn't seem like a character or two wasn't dribbling the idiot ball for at least the first half of the manga. The end kind of fixed that, but still at least one character could have easily gotten the hell out of there before shit went down. Two at most.

Changes how you view spirals. Check out Gyo if you haven't.

Bronx-Man

Banned

You know, it was freaky as fuck, but I think I'd be way more engaged if there wasn't a clear out from the jump and it didn't seem like a character or two wasn't dribbling the idiot ball for at least the first half of the manga. The end kind of fixed that, but still at least one character could have easily gotten the hell out of there before shit went down. Two at most.
That's the one with a bunch of people getting spirals in their bodies, right? Can't deal, too queasy.

I can't deal with anything horror-related now that I think about it, movies, games, books. The struggle of being a punk ass bitch.

Numb

That "jump out the window" meme has me really intrigued with that one.

I also read his short manga about the hole in mountains that match people's bodies. Just another reason why I don't go hiking.
Gyo can get really nasty but you seen Uzumaki and can handle it. Pretty good.
That hole in the cliff one is so crazy one of the gems from SU has it as part of her back story. A must read for everyone.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Stellar music taste right here.
Thanks, dude. My friends all consider me the hipster of the group and I'm always just like "...ok?"

I mean, I tend to be a snob about music but I never act like I'm better than them cause of it. Hell, I always try to recommend them stuff based on what they like.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm just so tired of seeing black men be the only ones held accountable for this shit.

Mel Gibson could punch a kid in the face at an elementary school and people would go "OLOL crazy mel at it again"
Yeah, that's true. But then again, look at that Egyptian movie. Got hammered and that casting bs didn't help. So, we can start making some waves and hitting them in the pockets.

But I would hate to hurt Michael B. He's already taken an L this year and he's a good actor. But I've avoided Clay face's expendables. Fuck that guy. And Mel hasn't been lighting it up.

Of course, you are right. Black actors get launched for the smallest things. Part racial and part status. Like, think about it. Cosby raped, probably 30 white women. And plenty of cats, on all sides, still defend him. You say that 50 years ago and he's up in a tree. We made it? Naw. He just hit that privileged status awhile ago and people accepted him as one of the good ones.

Fuckery, I'm guessing?

Not very interested in Tarantino's opinion about things other than movies.

But that's the crazy part, you get an idea of what makes this man think in his movies. You always get an artist's opinion in their art. I always for more white people who aren't colorblind in a sense that they are aware that society doesn't treat everyone equally. We can use more racially aware people who white.

andthebeatgoeson

But that's the crazy part, you get an idea of what makes this man think in his movies. You always get an artist's opinion in their art. I always for more white people who aren't colorblind in a sense that they are aware that society doesn't treat everyone equally. We can use more racially aware people who white.
That's where I fall out on this but QT hasn't been immune to criticism. But he gets a Samuel L pass for now, until Sam starts talking about all motherfuckas matter.

That's where I fall out on this but QT hasn't been immune to criticism. But he gets a Samuel L pass for now, until Sam starts talking about all motherfuckas matter.

I give them the benefit of the doubt until they fuck up. And even then, if their content is good, I'll still watch.

I watched A Different World, all 6 season on Netflix and the only time I thought of Bill Cosby was the first season when Denise was on the cast. But after that, didn't even think of the guy. You can separate the two. But if it ever got to the point where I would end up financially support Bill (or whoever would fit that situation), I wouldn't.

Random note: I was watching the weekend Magic tournament on Twitch and it was during the finals and the commentators was talking about The Box, being the poor man's version MTV at the time. I couldn't believe that I was hearing about during this kind of stream. They were talking about how the best place to get NC-17 music vids. I was more shocked that the other commentator never heard of it. I'm pretty sure it was the black guy who knew about The Box.

andthebeatgoeson

I give them the benefit of the doubt until they fuck up. And even then, if their content is good, I'll still watch.

I watched A Different World, all 6 season on Netflix and the only time I thought of Bill Cosby was the first season when Denise was on the cast. But after that, didn't even think of the guy. You can separate the two. But if it ever got to the point where I would end up financially support Bill (or whoever would fit that situation), I wouldn't.

Random note: I was watching the weekend Magic tournament on Twitch and it was during the finals and the commentators was talking about The Box, being the poor man's version MTV at the time. I couldn't believe that I was hearing about during this kind of stream. They were talking about how the best place to get NC-17 music vids. I was more shocked that the other commentator never heard of it. I'm pretty sure it was the black guy who knew about The Box.
Yeah, I know you can still do it. I won't knock people for doing it and I'm a big fan of Mel, so if he drops the heat, I might still watch it. And I'll admit i never was a big fan of Sly, so it's easier for me. I just decided I didn't want to support them.

Foo Fighters trolling Westboro. Look at those underwear, tho.

https://youtu.be/BD-fWMYcHXk

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Fuckery, I'm guessing?

Not very interested in Tarantino's opinion about things other than movies.

"I'm just trying to end racism again like I did when Pulp Fiction came out," replies post-racial activist Tarantino

Basically
Smh

akira28

1st step complete.

2 step.

Step 3
?????

Step 4
Profit

keep your head up.. stay strong and protect those weaknesses. The world loves to make us psyche ourselves out.

Don't give up. Keep your focus, and take all the time necessary, and you're going to be alright. Can't think of a better profit than yourself, ready and able.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom