• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah yes. A thread filled with people that have no idea what they're talking about and spouting gibberish about leaving kids to grow up in a damaging situation. They do this while championing the "west" and all its virtues. The very same west that created all of the heartless people that say a 1 year old is beyond redemption. This superiority complex that some have because of where they were born or what they believe is getting worse by the second. I'm sure many of the people in that thread are in liberal threads talking about the problems with conservatives while ignoring that the entire western world seems to have gone down a path of heartlessness that will utterly consume it

How is it so hard to believe that people can make mistakes? Better now while her kids are still young.

It isn't hard. You just have to actually care about the person and the lives that are affected. Because people don't care, it isn't a mistake, it is confirmation of what they always believed to be true about her and others like her

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yeah, I know you can still do it. I won't knock people for doing it and I'm a big fan of Mel, so if he drops the heat, I might still watch it. And I'll admit i never was a big fan of Sly, so it's easier for me. I just decided I didn't want to support them.

Foo Fighters trolling Westboro. Look at those underwear, tho.

https://youtu.be/BD-fWMYcHXk

I can't fux with Mel. Not like his actions towards others has been a one-time thing. In the big scheme of things, my refusal to watch any movie he is in or associated with doesn't matter. But I can't enjoy shit he is in, knowing that he is a complete piece of crap.

As far as that duo ready to shoot up a Pokemon convention, at some point no one stopped them and said this was a bad idea? Or did they just seek hard enough on the internet to find a couple of people supportive and took that as verification that is was a good idea. Like most "Bad Idea" threads on GAF.

SmokyDave

It isn't hard. You just have to actually care about the person and the lives that are affected. Because people don't care, it isn't a mistake, it is confirmation of what they always believed to be true about her and others like her
We care far more about the citizens that don't fuck off to join the great jihad. Simple as. There's making a mistake, and then there's making a mistake that will ruin your life and the lives of your dependents. She did the second one.

There is a thread on the story, you could always comment in there.

Ding ding ding.

I'm not Muslim (a few family members are though), but whew, I don't need to be to get the ugly vibes from that thread.

Numb

Ding ding ding.

I'm not Muslim (a few family members are though), but whew, I don't need to be to get the ugly vibes from that thread.

Seeing that islamic global warming thread was truly shocking. Never seen a muslim thread that didn't bum me out with topic and/or posts.

Six posts in this one and i give in already.

EDIT-
I don't care about global warming and it doesn't bum me out.
I'd be dead probably so fuck it.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
this thread is a safe place

ie, the odds of getting drawn into a showoff and banned for a month are fairly low.

Sometimes you gotta strike when a muttafucka's defense is down tho. That said, if recent threads have shown anything it's choose your battles wisely.

I'm not convinced they will kill her. And even if that is the case, she chose that path. I don't see why another state should spend their resources on extracting someone, trying them, and imprisoning them. People should not be given the thought that if they ignore Britain's travel warnings, the UK will just bail them out.

And this is why I won't go in there.

Note to self: Don't ban Pokemon fans.

Gotta catch
ban
them all

Jacir

That's awesome. We need to bring back gargoyles too.

Word, even tho I haven't seen much of that show.

that's ugly? lmao. she got the soulless look for sure (like a lot of these models) but i dunno...she pretty fine. especially in black sails.

Yes she is. At the least she is boring to look at other than the amazement of how dead she is.

------

Diversity at top tech companies.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/20/9...oogle-microsoft-facebook-intel-twitter-amazon

D i Z

We care far more about the citizens that don't fuck off to join the great jihad. Simple as. There's making a mistake, and then there's making a mistake that will ruin your life and the lives of your dependents. She did the second one.

There is a thread on the story, you could always comment in there.

Or we could continue to have a discussion right here and have it actually be more civilized and relevant to our general outlook without having to get into verbal warfare just to make a point.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That thread is scary as hell. Look how quickly people become as cruel as the terrorist organizations they loathe.

Am I wrong in feeling as if the narrative is "fuck her and her children wanting to come back even if she sees jail time. If Isis kills her and her family it's her own fault."

harSon

Banned

We've vilified them in our media to a point where society considers them sub-human. It's basically the weaponization of media. The same shit we did to the Japanese in WW2 and Russians during the Cold War. You "Other" them to the point where society couldn't give a rats ass what you do to them, regardless of how morally repugnant it is. When Muslims are exclusively cast as terrorists within films/television, and only the negative aspects of a people are portrayed within films, television and the news - it's not surprising that people lack empathy towards them since they've been conditioned for years and years to view them as enemy # 1.

Numb

We've vilified them in our media to a point where society considers them sub-human. It's basically the weaponization of media. The same shit we did to the Japanese in WW2 and Russians during the Cold War. You "Other" them to the point where society couldn't give a rats ass what you do to them, regardless of how morally repugnant it is. When Muslims are exclusively cast as terrorists within films/television, and only the negative aspects of a people are portrayed within films, television and the news - it's not surprising that people lack empathy towards them since they've been conditioned for years and years to view them as enemy # 1.

I am just happy there are people who can notice this and that is all i can hope for in such a situation.

Alright, so I'm sitting in church yesterday and the Rev (middle aged white guy) was having a sermon about not living life with everything being all about you.

"There's this song called it's all about me, I believe it's an R&B song with a nice little beat"

I scrunched up my face like "he can't be talking about what I think he is..."

So he kept referring back to the record and what not then after the service, I google "It's All About Me" and all my fears came true

He was talking about the Mya record.

I don't think he listened to the entire thing before coming up with yesterday's sermon....

RedSwirl

Just got back from Compton.

Newfound appreciation for Ice Cube: The Movie.

I said my piece in the last thread about this kind of situation so I'm staying out of that one. Some of the stuff I've read suggests IS is using legit cult tactics to convince people to go over there. Seems to me like deprogramming would be a better strategy than "tough luck."

Yeah remind me to not go to any more Serena threads.
Just got back from Compton.

Newfound appreciation for Ice Cube: The Movie.
It felt more like the life and times of Dr. Dre and Easy E featuring Ice Cube to me. Regardless I've been bumping a lot of their back catalog all week since seeing it.

Onemic

That Serena thread is a fucking embarrassment. I wish the mods would just close it.

Ya, that really opened my eyes towards the whole Serena hate shit. Like you cant even go 5 posts without someone saying some fucked up shit about her.

Think Im gonna save the thread so I can do a proper comparison with a Ronda thread and see how that goes.

Numb

Ya, that really opened my eyes towards the whole Serena hate shit. Like you cant even go 5 posts without someone saying some fucked up shit about her.

Not even that long of a thread either. Between this and the other one today things have been super crazy.

You know, I came to Gaf to avoid the worst the video game community has to offer.

It seems more and more that what I thought was the worst is a very common occurrence, and the true worst is something I just can't fathom.

Numb

You know, I came to Gaf to avoid the worst the video game community has to offer.

It seems more and more that what I thought was the worst is a very common occurrence, and the true worst is something I just can't fathom.

Joined for the few communites i wanted to be a part of and would have been happier if i stuck there exclusively.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Think Im gonna save the thread so I can do a proper comparison with a Ronda thread and see how that goes.

ronda has far more capes on her side.

Bronx-Man

Banned
BCT has been getting more members..good point!
B1E0hkHCcAM6TrM.jpg

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Y'all act like ignorance is just on gaming forums. You're on the INTERNET. It's not enough that the majority of people in the world have some sus thoughts and opinions, at least in reality people try to have somewhat of a filter. On the Internet people don't give a fuck and hide behind their delusions of pure anonymity. No need to be shocked, it's just another day living in a world where people don't give a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom