• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Just had the weirdest interaction with police officers in my life. I went across the street to grab me some quick calories of junk food from the store owned by the man of middle eastern descent as the politicians like to say.

Anywhoo, I see these people talking to police because someone stole something I guess and I refuse to make eye contact with the police because reasons. I enter the store and then realize they're still outside as the cashier slowly rings in my items for some strange reason. I see them and then they see me. I've the mean mug on like "leave me alone". They intentionally walk to the other side of the store entrance a good 45 feet away and proceed to watch me like a hawk at the register from the back. She's taking her time like shit ringing up all six of these items.

I ask her to ring in three beef jerky sticks and she says don't worry about it I got you. No big deal right? I slightly adjust my head and the cops are a good 7.25 feet behind me. I'm not sure they heard the part about "I got you" so I ask her again eight times just in case the cops didn't get the message. I then sign my name on the receipt hoping I don't get shot walking out the door because bullshit conservative fear mongering.

This was weird because usually I'm harassed and have been known to have guns pulled on me for bullshit reasons.

So am I reading this correctly that she was taking her time to keep you there with eyeballs on so that they had couldn't just fuck with you as their mission for the moment?

Obama fucking with these good government jobs.

I suspect that 10 year bullshit was a compromise to the Republicans. But it doesn't help that the last full time white man in the spot (James H. Billington) pretty much wasted 28 years (was appointed during the Reagan administration) fucking around and hanging out with big wigs and never brought the Library of Congress up to speed with the growing technology.

And a moment for David S. Mao, the Asian guy who was the interim person after Billington retired.

Slayven

I suspect that 10 year bullshit was a compromise to the Republicans. But it doesn't help that the last full time white man in the spot (James H. Billington) pretty much wasted 28 years (was appointed during the Reagan administration) fucking around and hanging out with big wigs and never brought the Library of Congress up to speed with the growing technology.

And a moment for David S. Mao, the Asian guy who was the interim person after Billington retired.
I wouldn't be surprised if they just reup the current person until they get tired of the job.

Do they have to have hearings confirming this position?

I'm amazed y'all still posting in race threads. I've washed my hands of it. I've informed people on what they can do and what they can read to inform themselves. If they choose not to, that's on them.

Y'all some fighters. :)

jmood88

I could just be making shit up but I think the term limit would help make sure that new people cycling in every so often will help keep it modern or at the very least more closely-aligned with the times.

D i Z

I've burnt all of my reserves in the span of five minutes in one thread . I swear, BCT is the only reason I stick around during these times of troubles. Ya'll have a good night.

Furyous

So am I reading this correctly that she was taking her time to keep you there with eyeballs on so that they had couldn't just fuck with you as their mission for the moment?

She's cool for that because she saw what was going on and called the audible on some Peyton Manning shit. I thought they were going to harass me for a good 10 minutes.

Dai101

Banned
I'm amazed y'all still posting in race threads. I've washed my hands of it. I've informed people on what they can do and what they can read to inform themselves. If they choose not to, that's on them.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

What can i say. As we say down here "me gusta l mala vida"

I've burnt all of my reserves in the span of five minutes in one thread . I swear, BCT is the only reason I stick around during these times of troubles. Ya'll have a good night.

'Nite.

I got a PM a little while ago from someone who actually learned something from what I said in one of those threads. You're right that it's pretty much perpetually talking to a brick wall but sometimes a pebble breaks off. I do plan to take a long damn break soon though lol

Zekes!

I'm here watching the season premiere of Mr. Robot and there's a commercial for a Snowden movie? For real? This shit looks corny as fuuuuuck

Lucini

Banned
Been using Twitter to drop woke interludes on people randomly throughout my week. Shit has been largely positive, just trying to provoke thought in others because so much of our day to day grind is devoted to mindlessness.

Encountered the one former co-worker who felt like I was targeting her with the tweets, and she proceeded to give me a lecture via DM about how I was spreading racial hate by supporting BLM and speaking about my family's links to the Black Panthers. I can understand why people can't stand some liberals now. She fully did not understand how condescending, demeaning, and dismissive that shit came off. I screenshotted the shit, blurred her name and photo, and reposted them for her to see exactly how stupid, shortsighted, and ridiculous she sounded. The results are on-going, but I'll delete them when she gets the point.

Why do people think they need to tell black people how to feel and how to act? That paternalistic bullshit needs to stop.

should i watch the shallows, independence day, or the infiltrator this weekend?

If I were in your position, I'd go for The Infiltrator even though I've heard that was a C/C+ movie just because it sounds the most interesting. Shallows after that. I think ID looks abysmal.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
If I were in your position, I'd go for The Infiltrator even though I've heard that was a C/C+ movie just because it sounds the most interesting. Shallows after that. I think ID looks abysmal.
thanks.

Yeah i think if I were interested in plots only i would choose that order as well.

My Twitter has been vapid for weeks now. I'm just tired of being tired. I'm a fighter but feel like if it's all I do in light of all these tragic events I'll implode. Right now I'm all about preparing for my BJJ tournament, Pokemon Go, playing music, and my relationship. Not in that order. It makes me feel bad because a lot of my heroes and heroines don't quit and keep fighting. I'm just sick of the bullshit and just tired.

It makes me feel bad I'm putting everything behind me, including the recent protests. I'm just tired of protesting and nothing being done.

I know the fire will reignite some time but right now I'm all about living my life. Even if that life could be in peril because I'm a black woman.

Been using Twitter to drop woke interludes on people randomly throughout my week. Shit has been largely positive, just trying to provoke thought in others because so much of our day to day grind is devoted to mindlessness.

Encountered the one former co-worker who felt like I was targeting her with the tweets, and she proceeded to give me a lecture via DM about how I was spreading racial hate by supporting BLM and speaking about my family's links to the Black Panthers. I can understand why people can't stand some liberals now. She fully did not understand how condescending, demeaning, and dismissive that shit came off. I screenshotted the shit, blurred her name and photo, and reposted them for her to see exactly how stupid, shortsighted, and ridiculous she sounded. The results are on-going, but I'll delete them when she gets the point.

Why do people think they need to tell black people how to feel and how to act? That paternalistic bullshit needs to stop.

BLM is seriously the best litmus test to out diet racists within liberals, especially if they're blocking traffic.

The supposed liberal GAF gets majorly exposed everytime. It'd be kinda beautiful if it wasn't also completely sad and expected.

I really think for a lot of people loving weed and same-sex marriage is all they think they have to be considered "liberal"

BLM is seriously the best litmus test to out diet racists within liberals, especially if they're blocking traffic.

The supposed liberal GAF gets majorly exposed everytime. It'd be kinda beautiful if it wasn't also completely sad and expected.

I really think for a lot of people loving weed and same-sex marriage is all they think they have to be considered "liberal"

Found out ages ago that most white liberals are phony and full of shit. Katrina was eye opening.

Found out ages ago that most white liberals are phony and full of shit. Katrina was eye opening.

I can only imagine.

Like the ruckus over BLM folks wanting to have some racial minority on meetings blows my mind, I mean I'm white and would absolutely love to get more involved with supporting BLM and I understand that part of supporting means stepping back and letting them talk amongst themselves.

The idea that they need to let white people in or face loss of support is mind blowing to me. Allyship isn't conditional

I could just be making shit up but I think the term limit would help make sure that new people cycling in every so often will help keep it modern or at the very least more closely-aligned with the times.

I do believe you have a good point. It just sucks that they changed the rules just as the sista gets in.

Anyone see the speech from the beginning of the ESPYS last night? I could pick with the speech, but I won't. I think those four gentlemen did an excellent job. I also would love to see the reactions of anyone over the age of 50 who heard LeBron call Muhammad Ali "the GOAT". ("Why is he calling Ali a goat?")

Also, this is what probably happened backstage:

Melo: Bron, did you get that tux from American Commedore Tuxedo?

Paul: His mom picked it for him.

Wade: Nah, his mom woulda picked a tux for Delonte West.

Bron:

rs_300x300-160620132133-600.LeBron-James-NBA-Winner.ms.062016.jpg

So...my workshift is now racially divided socially now because of the dumb shit said last week from both of the black men killed to the Dallas shooting. I lost alooooooot of respect for many people. It was already low, but I could go the rest of my life without seeing them again. Mind you, I'm in the military and this ignorance is flowing around.

I literally only look forward to being at home, at the barber shop, or playing outside now. Everything else bothers me.

andthebeatgoeson

I got a PM a little while ago from someone who actually learned something from what I said in one of those threads. You're right that it's pretty much perpetually talking to a brick wall but sometimes a pebble breaks off. I do plan to take a long damn break soon though lol

Went on a long FB rant. Just had someone message me about my thoughts. He posted some link from a black cop giving the typical statement.

You never know. You may help that person become more enlightened. Walking is a step by step process. I know I wouldn't have the same views without this board.

I know it's frustrating but we all gain knowledge from someone else. Someone else wrote that, made that, showed you the way.

I only say this because I have energy. But then again, I feel like that's how I can contribute. I've gotten to a point that I'll build my own bubble of racism. Kick out unreasonable people on the extreme. I know we should be against bubbles but FB is kinda private to me. And I get enough of their shit from other sources. Fox News on the TV at work. I'm in the heart of Fox news land. People arguing that Obama is the worst president at work.

Let me take that back. I'm not in a bubble. I can't help but hear their shit.

andthebeatgoeson

I do believe you have a good point. It just sucks that they changed the rules just as the sista gets in.

Anyone see the speech from the beginning of the ESPYS last night? I could pick with the speech, but I won't. I think those four gentlemen did an excellent job. I also would love to see the reactions of anyone over the age of 50 who heard LeBron call Muhammad Ali "the GOAT". ("Why is he calling Ali a goat?")

Also, this is what probably happened backstage:

Melo: Bron, did you get that tux from American Commedore Tuxedo?

Paul: His mom picked it for him.

Wade: Nah, his mom woulda picked a tux for Delonte West.

Bron:

rs_300x300-160620132133-600.LeBron-James-NBA-Winner.ms.062016.jpg

Ha. It was good from the perspective that Melo and others have been itching to say something. They can be used for good, is my hope.

I suspect that large numbers of stupid quotes (not necessarily last night) is related to privilege, indifference to fully know a topic and distance from the actual topic. Stars are too far away. Taking private planes. We shouldn't expect them to give reasonable thoughts. So, I'm just glad they did. Glad Melo is contributing anything. Glad Bron has decided to not be like Mike. Glad Wade is at the do not give a fuck stage. Glad CP3 has a soul. Keep hearing he's a beast on the court, emotionally and as a leader. Damn near hard to work with.

So, the 4 of them deciding to do something, and looking towards Ali and not Jordan is a great step. And it helps that Bron just won a chip. So, it was really the Lebron show and not the nutkickers carnival.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nintendo mining that nostalgia for all it's worth this year.

CnUur6JWAAET3Wx.jpg

I kind of want it.

jmood88

I never saw cocaine in my life until I went to grad school and started hanging out with more white people. It's crazy how much they use cocaine.

Grew up around a lot of white dealers. There was one day where one's cousin came to town, opened a bag and dumped what I would call a 2 foot mountain of powder on the dinner table..it was fucking insane. The shit only lasted a little over a week! I don't understand how folks do that nasty shit..no offense to y'all booger sugar lovers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom