• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Guys.

Cn2oCBcXEAABNhV.jpg

GUYS.

D i Z

In Florida? Ain't the first time..fuck this place.

In Florida? Ain't the first time..fuck this place.

The white version of the "..while Black" list is still being updated. They need receipts for centuries old fucked up shit before they believe it.
Ours been complete.

Merc_

The RNC has been one glorious fuck up after another. I don't see how they can top themselves after tonight, I just can't imagine it. Ted Cruz brought the whole thing home tonight lmfao.

Sch1sm

tumblr_inline_n4kip8Siah1svu8ku.gif

What happened to Muslims now?

Hope not serious
------

Personal thing, G. Heading back to Toronto from Kenya and encountered the most difficult airport process I've ever been through. Including, but not limited to, 3 different security scans, 5 passport checks to verify identity, and a final issue surrounding a dead phone.

So my mom has her LG G4 that she hasn't used at all this trip since Kenya's Telecom companies all use GSM, but her phone is a locked HSPA+ struggle still under warranty. Hasn't been charged since she arrived first week May.

So. it's dead, and at the final bit before boarding when they're checking our bags manually, they give us grief over it and call it security protocol.* I'm out here like, right, I gave away all our adapters to my aunt so I can't use her NA charger to charge it. Someone lends us one for a bit, but the phone is so cold it stays at 0 for 15 minutes.

They say it's a security risk and can't let us go through, keep asking my brother and I what we can do about it. Gives us 2 options: pay for an extra checked in bag ($210 extra since we're past the gate) or leave the phone since it isn't charging up. We have no cash, and the plane was leaving in less than 10.

*This dude in front of us gets away with having a dead device, and if it's such a security risk why offer us to check it in anyway. God damn.

Afterward, they call my brother aside and start talking to him. He's not a very aggressive kid, though, so I went to speak to them with him. They start talking in Swahili, thinking we don't understand, about how we're Muslim and how we're probably terrorists coming to bomb the plane with a phone despite it going through all these scans up until then and not setting anything off.

TL DR;

Dead phone holds up entire process of boarding because of security issues that are only an issue when a person is wearing an abaya and hijab, because in that case the people have to be a terrorist out to kill in the name of Allah.

Never been so annoyed in my life. There's no signs for that sort of deal. They tell you no scissors, no nail clippers, no liquids/lotions/whatever over 100mL, ain't no one ever told me not to take a phone with my because it was dead. Glad it's over. In Zurich now, so back to Toronto round noonish tomorrow. :")))

Personal thing, G. Heading back to Toronto from Kenya and encountered the most difficult airport process I've ever been through. Including, but not limited to, 3 different security scans, 5 passport checks to verify identity, and a final issue surrounding a dead phone.

So my mom has her LG G4 that she hasn't used at all this trip since Kenya's Telecom companies all use GSM, but her phone is a locked HSPA+ struggle still under warranty. Hasn't been charged since she arrived first week May.

So. it's dead, and at the final bit before boarding when they're checking our bags manually, they give us grief over it and call it security protocol.* I'm out here like, right, I gave away all our adapters to my aunt so I can't use her NA charger to charge it. Someone lends us one for a bit, but the phone is so cold it stays at 0 for 15 minutes.

They say it's a security risk and can't let us go through, keep asking my brother and I what we can do about it. Gives us 2 options: pay for an extra checked in bag ($210 extra since we're past the gate) or leave the phone since it isn't charging up. We have no cash, and the plane was leaving in less than 10.

*This dude in front of us gets away with having a dead device, and if it's such a security risk why offer us to check it in anyway. God damn.

Afterward, they call my brother aside and start talking to him. He's not a very aggressive kid, though, so I went to speak to them with him. They start talking in Swahili, thinking we don't understand, about how we're Muslim and how we're probably terrorists coming to bomb the plane with a phone despite it going through all these scans up until then and not setting anything off.

TL DR;

Dead phone holds up entire process of boarding because of security issues that are only an issue when a person is wearing an abaya and hijab, because in that case the people have to be a terrorist out to kill in the name of Allah.

Never been so annoyed in my life. There's no signs for that sort of deal. They tell you no scissors, no nail clippers, no liquids/lotions/whatever over 100mL, ain't no one ever told me not to take a phone with my because it was dead. Glad it's over. In Zurich now, so back to Toronto round noonish tomorrow. :")))

and the worst part about this is the actual terrorists that took down actual planes wore business-casual shirts and pants.

FreeMufasa

Third world countries. Like Africa.
Also, guess who is opposing spending education in the US?
Plus, some christians succeeding in opening christian schools that does not teach evolution. This shit should be illegal.

2016 and Africa still a country

shingi70

Banned
Just had an argument with my girlfriend that I escalated more than I should have. She was supposed to come over my house today but can't because her little sister left the house without telling her, so she has too stay at home to watch her brothers. We were talking and she said she doesn't have to bend to my will, which being a huge ass said well you bend to hers.

Slayven

Just had an argument with my girlfriend that I escalated more than I should have. She was supposed to come over my house today but can't because her little sister left the house without telling her, so she has too stay at home to watch her brothers. We were talking and she said she doesn't have to bend to my will, which being a huge ass said well you bend to hers.

how old are y'all?

Trey

what was your thought process here? was your girl supposed to leave her younger brothers home alone unattended?

shingi70

Banned
what was your thought process here? was your girl supposed to leave her younger brothers home alone unattended?

No her sister should have stayed home like she was supposed to. I was annoyed at her sister doing what she wanted and not thinking of others.

shingi70

Banned
Welcome to the world, brother. Won't be the first time or the last. Family trumps all..

yep..

leave them at home... 99% chance they won't die or burn the house down

"wait, she left them home alone? what? before i left? i didn't know!"

I'm not mad at that, it's just her sister was supposed to stay at home with the boys a few hours, but she just left the house while my girl was taking the dog out for a walk this morning. She's also trying to ruin everyone else's vacation by not wanting to go to Texas, and if she has to go she plans to make it a living hell for everyone else.

I'm just annoyed in how selfish she is at times.

Trey

No her sister should have stayed home like she was supposed to. I was annoyed at her sister doing what she wanted and not thinking of others.

But her sister didn't stay home, so your girl had her hands tied. It's not like she could just up and leave her little brothers. Why direct your agitation with your girl's sister onto your girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom