• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've twice requested a, albeit limited, ban by simple DM to a mod. This person wanted the black people on GAF to know he hated them. Simple as that. Pathetic coward. No doubt he's still surfing GAF too.

Morning black people, shitshow aside those new sonic games look okay

I think Sega and Sonic Team finally learned somethin'. No more Sonic Cycle. Planning on buying both on PC. Also loved the music in the Mania trailer so I went and found it.

shingi70

Banned
Says the man stanning for Cyborg

Man Vic is awesome, def in my DC top five. Plus that's what happens when you grew up with Teen Titans.

Cyborg-Is-Excited-To-Commemorate-a-Momentous-Occasion-With-Delicious-Waffles-On-Teen-Titans.gif

Talking all that mess that's why T'challa about to get with Carol.

Cyborg's one of those characters that will never be great because his books wont last long & any progress that gets made will be erased because the next Writer decides that they're gonna be the one to "fix" him.
His Rebirth book is sounds like it's just gonna be a do-over of the 1st arc of his Nu52 book which was pretty much a do-over of his Pre Flashpoint miniseries.

Slayven

Cyborg's one of those characters that will never be great because his books wont last long & any progress that gets made will be erased because the next Writer decides that they're gonna be the one to "fix" him.
His Rebirth book is sounds like it's just gonna be a do-over of the 1st arc of his Nu52 book which was pretty much a do-over of his Pre Flashpoint miniseries.

So basically like the Legion of Superheroes

Kreed

Half robot powers also aren't that "super" for a super hero IMO. Especially when writers usually show robots and robot people getting blown to pieces all the time since they can always be fixed.

wow, they really shifted lanes there.

The tone was completely different from BvS haha. I can tell I'll like Barry, not sure about the costume yet though

Kinda jarring, really lol. I put it on for my wife without saying what it was and her eyes were just wide with a giant smile. She hated BvS..I thought it was a 6 (extended cut a 6.5). This thing just feels sooo different. I can't believe how long we've gotta wait! Definitely must see..

Not digging the Flash outfit. Diana's movie looks..ok?

The Adder

Banned
I think I have to break up with my girlfriend.

Been together nearly two years, I still love her and ditto on her end.

But I don't think it's going to work out.

I'm too fucking stingy with my time. I enjoy when we're together, but when we're together we're not DOING anything. Even when I'm fucking around on here I'm doing a million other things at once. I feel like I'm her only outlet for a good time the way she treats me. And my own life outside of her and my house has been drying up since we started dating. I haven't cooked myself a meal MONTHS because I feel too time constrained to waste the precious minutes. And while it's true to an extent, I know a big part of it is my own perception and the way my head works.

Having said that, I do believe she's too dependent on me. When we're not at together she's usually at home watching reruns of a show I introduced her to. She doesn't hang out with friends unless she's dragged out by them. I feel like I act as her emotional crutch. My showing up is an event. I'm explaining myself poorly. Basically I feel like I've been made responsible for her mood. And that stresses me out. Which makes the time I spend with her seem an even greater part of my week than it is. But she really does deserve to see her boyfriend more than we see each other.

And we've talked about this, but any time one of us gives an inch, the other takes a mile. And then we both fall into our anger habits where I get snappy and iritable or she gets quiet and withdrawn. And the one causes the other in a giant feedback loop.

The worst part is that I know we can keep going. But she needs someone less selfish with their time and more affectionate. And I need someone more independent and willing to butt heads when we disagree so that I don't have to feel bad for arguing with them.

IDK, I need some perspective.

D i Z

Kind of needed a little more substance for both releases. I feel like them putting something together as a first look for fans kind of got squandered already, I was looking for something with substance. Especially from WW. I'll watch that for sure because I've been committed to a Diana flick from my knee high days. But the camera speed tricks post movement did jack all for me other than make me doubt that this is going to go well. Aqua man was the only part of the JL spot that I actively liked. The rest of it looked just ok to just bad to me.

Imm0rt4l

What I dislike about this interview that it prioritizes being nice and diplomatic over saying the truth. But I'm sure he recognizes the truth isn't good enough. He has to make concessions to stupid false equivalencies such as "both sides can be racist". He did really well, I just don't like that his hand is forced in such a way being that he's speaking with hostile people, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom