• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger Things aka what if Harry and the Henderson's had Natalie Portman from v from vendetta who was mixed with Mila from Ultraviolet and Natalie Portman again from The Professional, and Eerie Indiana throw in some oh shit there's black people in the 80's who aren't in Jason movies talking about how cool Jason's mask is AND have the show suck

Young Magus

Stranger Things aka what if Harry and the Henderson's had Natalie Portman from v from vendetta who was mixed with Mila from Ultraviolet and Natalie Portman again from The Professional, and Eerie Indiana throw in some oh shit there's black people in the 80's who aren't in Jason movies talking about how cool Jason's mask is AND have the show suck
Anyone else here convinced this dude a bot?

BigDes

Horror movies where the protagonists die in the last scene are worse.

It's not clever anymore and makes the entire preceding 90 minutes utterly pointless.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Is this season good? I found season 1 somewhat middling. Potential to be good, but kinda sloppy. Like POWER season 1.

BUT THAT ROCK ASS SHOT IN THE FINALE MADE IT WORTH IT. YAAAAAAAASSSSSS
Season 2 is more of the same. Could be wrong but the production doesnt seem to have as high of a budget as first season. but the story is still fun.

I agree though, it's on par with Power. I feel like ive already heard variations of both plots on espn and rap songs a million times but its cool to see it visually.

Low budget Entourage and the Wire come to mind. As long as you don't take it serious i think they are enjoyable shows. I'm still hooked on both.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
You know you are getting old when the highlight of your weekend is buying a new washing machine.

Also, how in the hell is Matt Damon the star of a movie called "The Great Wall" based 2000 years ago? Fuck him for taking the role.

You know you are getting old when the highlight of your weekend is buying a new washing machine.

Also, how in the hell is Matt Damon the star of a movie called "The Great Wall" based 2000 years ago? Fuck him for taking the role.

Right? I mean Hollywood sleeping again by not casting an Asian or to be more specific a Chinese lead. They're out there.

Malyse

I don't know what I was expecting from The Vision, but it sure wasn't this. Much darker than I was expecting and absolutely enthralling. And so effed up.

Kreed

Somebody school me on this frank ocean beef people have now

Frank Ocean fans have been waiting for his second album for a few years and Frank keeps saying it's coming. Latest was Frank saying the album was coming in July, with some people voluntarily deciding to take Ls and sit around for the album to not drop last night.

zeemumu

I like it in horror movies when people do the right/smart stuff and still die.

Trying to think of movies where this happens

Oculus is the one that stands out.

I guess the first Nightmare on Elm Street counts too since the ending implied that everyone was going to die, although Nancy didn't die until the 3rd.

Sinister probably counts

There are a few traps in the SAW series that were inescapable so the people die regardless of whether or not they solve the puzzle.

andthebeatgoeson

2I3hCtN.jpg

Snicker

shingi70

Banned
Really? Did they think the only way to get an international audience would be to get Matt Damon? It is like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon never happened.

I'm guessing the producers believe it lends an air of legitimacy to the film.

The Chinese/Asian market has always been werid the way Uber nationalisc countries will idolize American stars and media over their own.

Slayven

Frank Ocean fans have been waiting for his second album for a few years and Frank keeps saying it's coming. Latest was Frank saying the album was coming in July, with some people voluntarily deciding to take Ls and sit around for the album to not drop last night.

people waited up last night thinking he would flip the switch at 11:59?

Kreed

people waited up last night thinking he would flip the switch at 11:59?

Digital thirst is funny to me. I can understand waiting in line for a new console when it could sell out and you might not get it for weeks. But a digital album is not going to disappear once it drops. Why not go to bed and just see if it's there in the morning?

Do Better

Trying to think of movies where this happens

Oculus is the one that stands out.

I guess the first Nightmare on Elm Street counts too since the ending implied that everyone was going to die, although Nancy didn't die until the 3rd.

Sinister probably counts

There are a few traps in the SAW series that were inescapable so the people die regardless of whether or not they solve the puzzle.

Night of the Living Dead

zeemumu

Night of the Living Dead

I get the ending of this one and the remake mixed up all the time

In the remake
Barbara escapes because the zombies are slow to a hilarious degree and Ben dies in the cellar, then reanimates and gets shot by those dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom