• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Jandros just want humans to evolve

CNr7FUI.jpg
So jandro DOES have fingers
Thought he used gigantic keyboards with those hooves

Malyse

some random blogger said:
I went to high school with a kid who would only drink out of a baby bottle. He brought a large baby bottle to school every day. At first, we thought that he was using it to sneak alcohol or something, but he wasn’t. He would bring it filled with chocolate milk and then fill it up with Coca-Cola and Sprite during lunch. He’d buy a can of each and mix them together. Like I said, it was a large bottle.

I didn’t know the kid that well and I didn’t have any classes with him so I never really talked to him that much. I knew his name. His name was Kevin. Sometimes I’d see him at parties on the weekends. He still had his baby bottle. He would fill it with beer and rum.

He dated my sister’s friend, Emily, for a little while. I had known Emily for a long time. She had been a friend of my sister’s since they were five or six. They were really good friends. She spent a lot of time at our house for sleepovers and stuff. Sometimes she would pee the bed, but I never made fun of her for it. I think most older brothers would have loved the opportunity to make fun of their sister’s friend for peeing the bed and I think she really appreciated that I never mentioned it even though I definitely knew about it because after the sixth or seventh time, my parents started paying me to clean everything up instead of having to do it themselves.

I asked Emily why Kevin only ever drank out of a baby bottle and she said that she didn’t know. They had only been dating for a very short time at that point and she didn’t want to bring it up and offend him or anything. I asked her to tell me if she ever found out. They broke up right after that and I kind of forgot about it because Kevin stopped going to school. I don’t know if he transferred or dropped out, but I never saw him at lunch or any parties after that.

I hadn’t thought about him in a long time, but Emily happened to mention him while she was over at our house recently and I immediately remembered the baby bottle thing.

“Did you ever find out why he drank out of that bottle?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, he told me why,” Emily said. “He used it because he heard that babies that drink out of bottles for too long or drink sweet drinks out of them get really bad teeth problems. He wanted all of his teeth to go bad so that they would fall out and he would be able to fit a softball in his mouth. He said that he wanted to have the world record for being the first person to be able to put a whole softball in his mouth and he wouldn’t be able to do that with all of those teeth in the way.”

Shy

LESS THE 24 HOURS UNTIL I BLAST OFF ON MY SPACE ADVENTURE.
KIfK7MV.gif

And in non-nms news. I pre-ordered Persona 5 today.
Morning fam.
Mornin' peeps.
Evening lads and ladettes
Good morning, potheads..
Moening fam.
Nightmares suck.
They really do.

Especially if you're like me and them virtually every night.
Man it is so interesting. NMS was a game just a small few talked about and was excited about. But now you think Sean Murray been out here 20 years promising Grey Goose and Hookers to everyone that brought the game.
It's so tiresome and childish too.

Sean has always been very open about what this game and isn't, but people are screaming from the rooftops calling him a liar and worse.
I have a 4 day weekend and nothing to do
Noice.

Just take it easy, and chill for those 4 days.
apropos of nothing

tumblr_inline_o4wvpnBD5R1smgz8b_500.gif

it's the wink that makes it great.
Godbless you DD.

D i Z

The CW cast it's Miss Martian. Shows black don't crack consdering she's 43.

Special+Screening+Get+Married+UuFKJ9NXRbkl.jpg

The new Vixen

CplygumUMAAN-q8.jpg

Vixen guest starring was a legitimate shot at drawing Arrow away from its own naval gazing. It didn't work. Plus side though, the character passed the introductory test.
Now if we could get her out of that shit LoT and into her own show......

shingi70

Banned
Vixen guest starring was a legitimate shot at drawing Arrow away from its own naval gazing. It didn't work. Plus side though, the character passed the introductory test.

Arrow really fucked up in regards to vixen, her episode should have been a standalone filler to introduce her to viewers, instead of throwing her into the middle of Dahark story.

You're too goddamn picky if you'd say no to Nicki Minaj.

Bruh, I ain't on her level, plus I ain't stupid. I'd kick it with her, date her, fuck her, and if we got along great marry her. LOL I was talking if all things were equal, like if she wasn't rich or famous, or I was rich and famous then I wouldn't seriously date her.

Shy

Or failing that, into a good show, like Flash.

D i Z

Arrow really fucked up in regards to vixen, her episode should have been a standalone filler to introduce her to viewers, instead of throwing her into the middle of Dahark story.

I can see why they did it the way that they did though. Can you imagine the grief they would have gotten if they gave her a standalone instead of the weekly dose of Ollicity and the tag-alongs?

It might have all been for naught if she goes down in flames with a show that shouldn't be seeing a second season.

Or failing that, into a good show, like Flash.

Yup! The flash is the only sensible vehicle for the DC/CW tv line to introduce anything decent. They keep expanding their hero cast on shaky as shit ground.

shingi70

Banned
I can see why they did it the way that they did though. Can you imagine the grief they would have gotten if they gave her a standalone instead of the weekly dose of Ollicity and the tag-alongs?

It might have all been for naught if she goes down in flames with a show that shouldn't be seeing a second season.

Yup! The flash is the only sensible vehicle for the DC/CW tv line to introduce anything decent. They keep expanding their hero cast on shaky as shit ground.

I'm sure Vixen would have gotten a solo series if wasn't for Supergirl.

I think legends can course correct with a more focused second season on the JSA and Legion of Doom

D i Z

I'm sure Vixen would have gotten a solo series if wasn't for Supergirl.

I think legends can course correct with a more focused second season on the JSA and Legion of Doom

I hope you're right. Now that Vixen's on it, I'm going to have to watch it again.

Shy

D i Z

Yeppers.

kVr1lFe.gif

Watched that in the early of hours of this morning.

Fucking jokes.

Who is the lady, i've seen her in quite a few DT vids. She's very beautiful.

That is Danielle. She's on her way to becoming an urban dictionary definition. She's a bit of a trip.

Zekes!

yeah the vitriol around NMS is gross. I will say that I think the whole marketing and messaging around the game was severely flawed, and made worse by the seemingly endless hype people themselves created online.

I cancelled my order last night with the intention of picking it up further down the line while I wait and see what they do to the game.

Slayven

yeah the vitriol around NMS is gross. I will say that I think the whole marketing and messaging around the game was severely flawed, and made worse by the seemingly endless hype people themselves created online.

I cancelled my order last night with the intention of picking it up further down the line while I wait and see what they do to the game.

OT is chill and just people having fun or whatever

Zekes!

OT is chill and just people having fun or whatever

yeah I poked my head in there and it seemed more mellow. Glad that the craziness seems to be sectioned off. At this point I'm more interested in watching streams of people explore and do shit.

I'm excited for the simple addition of base building though. That might have been the biggest thing that convinced me to wait. That and between Deus Ex and NMS I figure Deus Ex is the better game to play before I start classes again.

I've somehow avoided the dumber NMS related controversies because I've actually been playing the damn thing. Its one thing if a person felt misled over the marketing but certain people and outlets have gone off the deep end. On the flipside, anyone who DDOS's a site because they posted a review they didn't like can't be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom