• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam Newton's comments are extremely insulting to any of us who defended that brother against any of the suspect shit thrown at him. That dude is trying to make his bread or whatever, but theres no excuse for the coonish statements he made. He couldnt have given some generic, safe answer to GQ? He had to go full OJ and say "we're beyond racism as a nation? Negro please.
But on a more optimistic note, these New Black clowns who swear up & down we're in a post racial era look even funnier in the light after everything that happened this summer.

Cam Newton's comments are extremely insulting to any of us who defended that brother against any of the suspect shit thrown at him. That dude is trying to make his bread or whatever, but theres no excuse for the coonish statements he made. He couldnt have given some generic, safe answer to GQ? He had to go full OJ and say "we're beyond racism as a nation? Negro please.
But on a more optimistic note, these New Black clowns who swear up & down we're in a post racial era look even funnier in the light after everything that happened this summer.

Speaking of this

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2016/08/when-black-lives-dont-matter-to-black-athletes/

"When Black Lives Don't Matter To Black Athletes" , an article on the Root by the Coli's Walt.

Spinluck

Wasn't it just last year that Cam said something along the lines of "I'm a successful black QB, and that scares a lot people"? Now he's saying this wack ass shit...

mmqb-cam-fumble-frozen.jpg

Oh well, he got his.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Cam is from Atlanta, he knows better. Hell, the racist comments made towards him last year when he was dabbing should tell him something different.

On another note, dipping your pen in company ink is always a bad idea.

Crocodile

@ Cindi Mayweather: Who is the athlete in your avatar?

NMS hate is insane, I thought it was a small game just a few folks were following. But niggas was waiting with the salt.

BULLSHIT

Sony et al. have been hyping this game up for years. It became a tentpole release for Sony this year. Let's not rewrite history and pretend there wasn't an insane hype culture following this game before its release.They played their role in fanning these fires.

Nikkas out here seasoning their chicken, but don't season their homeys chicken with their mouths

Cp3EaLMUMAAh414.jpg

This image is amazing <3

You in Baton Rouge? That's what I was talking about when my comment got overlooked.
Yep. Right off of millerville. Can't even get there. The water by my moms house went down and we were able to get my truck and her suv. Wife's car couldn't get through that water though so it's still there. Our house is fucked but that can be fixed.

Yep. Right off of millerville. Can't even get there. The water by my moms house went down and we were able to get my truck and her suv. Wife's car couldn't get through that water though so it's still there. Our house is fucked but that can be fixed.

Bruh, I work at the Lake. I'm good on Sherwood and Coursey but my peoples spot in Prairieville is, as of right now, done. What's fucked is I was moving there to save money in 2 weeks. God knows what the end result is gonna be.

Family, I hope to God that you stay safe. BR ain't no joke at the moment. I'm glad you made it to safety. Stay that way, family. They already looting houses and shit. I've had to get so many people off of Blackhawks that been air lifting people from homes. We are gonna see what happens next

Bruh, I work at the Lake. I'm good on Sherwood and Coursey but my peoples spot in Prairieville is, as of right now, done. What's fucked is I was moving there to save money in 2 weeks. God knows what the end result is gonna be.

Family, I hope to God that you stay safe. BR ain't no joke at the moment. I'm glad you made it to safety. Stay that way, family. They already looting houses and shit. I've had to get so many people off of Blackhawks that been air lifting people from homes. We are gonna see what happens next
Shits crazy. I'm in scotlandville now and over here it's like nothing happened. We bbqing and shit. Stay safe out there, though.

Slayven

@ Cindi Mayweather: Who is the athlete in your avatar?

BULLSHIT

Sony et al. have been hyping this game up for years. It became a tentpole release for Sony this year. Let's not rewrite history and pretend there wasn't an insane hype culture following this game before its release.They played their role in fanning these fires.

This image is amazing <3
Hyping is advertising a product they invisited in? Hype has lost all meaning of the word. Their was hours of footage of the game before release and shock and awes the game was exactly what the footage showed. Folks swear Sean was out there promsing some Everquest level multi

Shy

Hyping is advertising a product they invisited in? Hype has lost all meaning of the word. Their was hours of footage of the game before release and shock and awes the game was exactly what the footage showed. Folks swear Sean was out there promsing some Everquest level multi
This so much.

If anything, in Interviews Sean tried to downplay expectations when the interviews were to trying to big things up.

BULLSHIT

Truth right here. I almost got tired of hearing about the thing every E3 or random show year after year. It was pushed as to be the greatest thing ever. I mean, enjoy the game. But be real..this was bound to happen..

D i Z

To be honest, I hear more about NMS from the defense force being bothered about a handful of threads than I do hear about the actual playing of the game. Don't hear a peep about play sessions, discoveries etc. Which is odd when you think about how much sharing usually comes with games like this.

Slayven

To be honest, I hear more about NMS from the defense force being bothered about a handful of threads than I do hear about the actual playing of the game. Don't hear a peep about play sessions, discoveries etc. Which is odd when you think about how much sharing usually comes with games like this.

did you check the OT and the photo thread?

Crocodile

Multiple prime E3 slots, interviews on late-night shows, etc. are not normal for "small, indie games". There's also a reason "what do you even do in this game?" became a meme - lots of details were vague (though I feel that was more Hello Games trying to "preserve mystery" than intentionally mislead). People's imaginations were left to run wild and that wasn't some freak accident. When a game is hyped up as the second coming of Jesus, there is going to be pushback when it turns out it isn't. Let's not forget though, it isn't people hating on the game that are sending death threats or DDOS attacks to websites. This is a shitshow that could have been mitigated (at least to a point) with better messaging.

Slayven

Multiple prime E3 slots, interviews on late-night shows, etc. are not normal for "small, indie games". There's also a reason "what do you even do in this game?" became a meme - lots of details were vague (though I feel that was more Hello Games trying to "preserve mystery" than intentionally mislead). People's imaginations were left to run wild and that wasn't some freak accident. When a game is hyped up as the second coming of Jesus, there is going to be pushback when it turns out it isn't. Let's not forget though, it isn't people hating on the game that are sending death threats or DDOS attacks to websites. This is a shitshow that could have been mitigated (at least to a point) with better messaging.
Death threats and DDOS are shitty, but the rest is on hype culture. Like if a naughty dog game gets less than a 9 folks lose their fucking minds.

D i Z

did you check the OT and the photo thread?

Not the photo thread yet because well...it's a photo thread. But I've read through all of the others. There comes a point were there is nothing new being said and it's like watching laundry spinning. The only reason to step back in is to look for some comedy or something to object to if there is no update info. The Crackachu alone was worth a 90+ page thread. It had some goods laughs in it.

What fuels the fire for it all to continue is the amount of revisionist history being used to support positions that don't need supporting.
I don't have my copy yet, but I wouldn't care one bit about what people have to say about it while I'm busy playing it.

Shy

Well. I've almost finished the gaming. (i've taken the Atlus story route)

Other than that, i always have a hard time talking about my experiences with games.

D i Z

Well. I've almost finished the gaming. (i've taken the Atlus story route)

Other than that, i always have a hard time talking about my experiences with games.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that anyone should. I'm just saying that I've got a friends list of people playing who I know personally, and none are sharing experiences.
With exploration and discovery games there's usually excited chatter about minutia. A lot of it. There are only so many ways a person can describe 'oddly shaped structure looked odd' to people if that is the pinnacle of what most players are getting from the experience. The promise was undeniably much more, and to be fair, we can roll back a couple of weeks in our own OT's to see what was leading marketing speak, and what wasn't.

Shy

Anyone of you boys and girls sign up for that BF1 open beta. ?
I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that anyone should. I'm just saying that I've got a friends list of people playing who I know personally, and none are sharing experiences.
With exploration and discovery games there's usually excited chatter about minutia. A lot of it. There are only so many ways a person can describe 'oddly shaped structure looked odd' to people if that is the pinnacle of what most players are getting from the experience. The promise was undeniably much more, and to be fair, we can roll back a couple of weeks in our own OT's to see what was leading marketing speak, and what wasn't.
I see.

D i Z

Anyone of you boys and girls sign up for that BF1 open beta. ?

I see.

After you set me straight on the dates and what I should be getting, I did.

---

Does this mean I get to actually play a game with you guys? This is historic. I always miss the new hotness around here and end up like this:

dejected_shaun_of_the_dead.gif

andthebeatgoeson

Why don't y'all chill on insulting Jandro for like, 2 weeks or something.

I'm hating on some people. Watching Gabby get slandered left and right. She's like a goat right now, getting shitted on. And Gulilani talking that bullshit right about now.

D i Z

Why don't y'all chill on insulting Jandro for like, 2 weeks or something.

I'm hating on some people. Watching Gabby get slandered left and right. She's like a goat right now, getting shitted on. And Gulilani talking that bullshit right about now.

Gulilani's been lying for so long he's confused himself, and not for the first time during this campaign. Dude doesn't give a fuuuuuck unless you mess with his expensive dinner after his podium talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom