• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

You grabbing that smart home joint Google is putting out?

I disagree. Fact is, folks who watched the show regularly wanted HER to get the show..she was popular as shit.
They like the idea of her taking over, but she would have gottne too ehtnic and gendered for them so quic
These folks forget it took John and Colbert a long time to "figure out" how to make their shows work, but they wanted Colbert and John Stewart immediately out of Larry and Trevor. IMO Larry was finally figuring it out and was doing great coverage on black issues that Trevor wasn't covering (aka race baiting).
Thank you, John was a lame Kilborn clone for like the few years of the show.

Crocodile

Hot Take: Wilmore > Noah and his show had more to say and was of more importance than Noah's Daily Show.

laughing2.gif

I was going to use that same gif :(

Anime or Nah? - Nah
don't kill me

you-get-out-gif-1564.gif

Death threats and DDOS are shitty, but the rest is on hype culture. Like if a naughty dog game gets less than a 9 folks lose their fucking minds.

Thanks for proving my point? This wasn't the "hype cycle" of some "small, indie" game.

What's your favorite Disney movie? -

And special for 2016: Seen Zootopia yet?

Now THAT'S a hard question.
Aladdin is definitely up there. So is The Lion King....I can't answer :D

Yes. I've seen Zootopia and it was a huge step up from the past 2 shitty Disney films (Frozen and Big Hero 6)

Slayven

Hot Take: Wilmore > Noah and his show had more to say and was of more importance than Noah's Daily Show.

I was going to use that same gif :(

you-get-out-gif-1564.gif

Thanks for proving my point? This wasn't the "hype cycle" of some "small, indie" game.
Sean Murray isn't Professor X, he can't control what people think, Either he can spend 24/7 disproving a narrative people want to believe or he can work on his game.

Crocodile

Sean Murray isn't Professor X, he can't control what people think, Either he can spend 24/7 disproving a narrative people want to believe or he can work on his game.

I know you like the game and I'm happy that you were able to keep your cool but there is no need to absolve Sony/Hello Games in their role in encouraging this hype tsunami. It doesn't matter how many times you say it and regardless of how much exact blame you do want to assign them, they still aren't blameless in this.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160816_Jury__A_G__Kane_guilty_of_perjury__obstruction__all_other_charges.html?mobi=true

http://www.politicspa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Kathleen-Kane.jpeg[/IMG

I hear from the brothers PA's legal system is one of the most prejudice on the east coast, so I hope this rich White woman gets prison time & an unreasonably lengthy period of probation, cause using her public office to conduct personal warfare & lying under oath is more malicious to me than some economically deprived brothers from around the way peddling some drugs to support their families. I want this this woman to rot.[/QUOTE]
But does the article have the number to the prison she's going to, want to set up a conjugal visit

[quote="Dereck, post: 213781458"]Was that show good? Not trying to poke fun here.[/QUOTE]
Yea even tho he changed it from what he started at one point

I know you like the game and I'm happy that you were able to keep your cool but there is no need to absolve Sony/Hello Games in their role in encouraging this hype tsunami. It doesn't matter how many times you say it and regardless of how much exact blame you do want to assign them, they still aren't blameless in this.

At this point, I think gamers take whatever is said and make it into what they want it to be. Hell, the game was announced like 3 years ago. Things change. The game delivered on the major concept, which was world discovery and exploration. The multiplayer aspects of the game largely went undiscussed for a long period of time. Giving a game stage time and showing videos of exactly what the game is does not make Sony and Hello culpable for the mayhem. This reminds me of everyone that swore The Order was going to be Gears of War in the 1800s. Whoever said that? People take things, add their aspirations and we get left with this.

Crocodile

At this point, I think gamers take whatever is said and make it into what they want it to be. Hell, the game was announced like 3 years ago. Things change. The game delivered on the major concept, which was world discovery and exploration. The multiplayer aspects of the game largely went undiscussed for a long period of time. Giving a game stage time and showing videos of exactly what the game is does not make Sony and Hello culpable for the mayhem. This reminds me of everyone that swore The Order was going to be Gears of War in the 1800s. Whoever said that? People take things, add their aspirations and we get left with this.

Just to be clear, I'm not absolving gamers/consumers either. I think you can argue who was more responsible and figure out how to divide up "the blame". It just seems pretty obvious to me that this is a situation where EVERYBODY fucked up to some degree. There's a reason this doesn't happen for every "big" game.

Just to be clear, I'm not absolving gamers/consumers either. I think you can argue who was more responsible and figure out how to divide up "the blame". It just seems pretty obvious to me that this is a situation where EVERYBODY fucked up to some degree. There's a reason this doesn't happen for every "big" game.
Pretty much where I'm at. I went in relatively blind outside of E3 showings and I'm enjoying my time with it.

BigDes

Im enjoying NMS for what it is

However I live in a country where Steam is dirt cheap so I only paid about 20 dollars for it. Would possibly have been pissed off if I had paid full UK prices

black_olives_matter_t_shirt-r08294bd17fd4492a9a87f353f12a0775_jgsdi_324.jpg

Some Italian rest. is selling this as merchandise now. As much as I dislike BLM & its twitter fingers leaders, the racists are now using BLM as a codeword to shit on ALL Black folks.

Kreed

Was that show good? Not trying to poke fun here.

It's a good show, but it started out hit or miss over a year ago when Larry took over Steven Colbert's time slot and unfortunately a lot of Steven's fans were expecting Steven Colbert quality immediately while Larry figured out what worked and what didn't. And as the GAF cancellation thread showed as a perfect example, most people bailed out after the first month or so and never came back, with a lot of posters responding to one bad bit posted in the thread from when the show first started out. I also think Larry talking about mostly black and US minority news stories wasn't what Colbert's former fans wanted to see.

I'm not here for any Wilmore vs. Noah bullshit. Each show has its own lane, and IMHO Daily and Nightly were good shows. These Stewart and Colbert fans weren't willing to try something new and weren't patient enough to let the shows settle into their grooves. Plus, white liberals gonna white.

Also, as Rod Morrow from TBGWT has said, Stewart was allowed to be angry in a way that audiences don't want from Larry Wilmore and Trevor Noah. They couldn't handle a real angry rant from Larry Wilmore (who has had to deal with racism in the US) and Trevor Noah (who had to deal with South African apartheid. APARTHEID, fam). Hell, an angry Trevor Noah would be amazing considering his affable persona.

So, I'm pouring one out for the Nightly Show. I hope that all the writers and comedians find good and lucrative jobs elsewhere (even Ricky).

Infinite

Yup really sucks the nightly show got cancelled especially when Willmore just found his groove. I'm kinda annoyed with people on here shitting on those guys out the gate like that

Is just me or is VR already irrelevant, I know PSVR hasn't launched man it seems like it's going to come out and be a non thing.

I think VR is hard on the path to niche-hood.

AR is the future, but a lot of folks on gaming side ain't trying to hear that

I mean, we still catch shade from society for being grown men who play video games. Now these grown men want to strap on helmets and disappear completely?

mjlol.png

jmood88

Is just me or is VR already irrelevant, I know PSVR hasn't launched man it seems like it's going to come out and be a non thing.

I think VR is hard on the path to niche-hood.

AR is the future, but a lot of folks on gaming side ain't trying to hear that

I mean, we still catch shade from society for being grown men who play video games. Now these grown men want to strap on helmets and disappear completely?

mjlol.png
Seems like people have swerved pretty hard from "this is the next best thing, just watch out. Once people try it, they'll understand!" to "well, it's still early, so the software was bound to be disappointing and it's going to take some time for the really good stuff to come out."

BigDes

Problem with VR is mostly software

As in there is nothing coming out on VR that is making me go holy shit I need to play this, with the slight exception of that mountains of madness game

Hopefully there will be a crack to let the psvr run on pc games

jmood88

I can't stand these muthafuckas who go into threads about things that are clearly racist and have the information spelled out for them but still do the "well, I just wasn't educated on this subject, so that's why I said this extremely stupid thing" routine.

Slayven

How did Sony and HG encourage hype, they have a product to sell god forbid them from advertising it. What is there to blame, where did they explicitly lie? I watched every video relating to this game and they never said the game was more than it was. Folks just want to be mad about something.

I can't stand these muthafuckas who go into threads about things that are clearly racist and have the information spelled out for them but still do the "well, I just wasn't educated on this subject, so that's why I said this extremely stupid thing" routine.

"I said black people ain't shit, it is your job to educate me why I am wrong"

Fuck that shit

andthebeatgoeson

And that douche last night who found the YouTube video on philando castile and bumped that old thread to literally say, he was no angel.

I'm just asking questions.
I'm just watching video.

It's textbook, someone else said it and you should debunk it for me. It's a cowardly angle.

'My friend said you're a nigger, plz respond'

BigDes

I think my parents just threw out my copy of Xenozoic Tales #1.

We threw out that box of comics you had in the attic

I hope to fuck it wasn't in that box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom