• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

You writing essays and crafting embedded links to something , that in your own words have little interest in?

xDicLq0.gif

Must be nice to have all that free time.

I can see how a couple of sentences strung together would be like crafting an essay to you, but while i wait for this beta to download and install I do have some free time.

And come on with that embedded link nonsense. It's a timeline of what people are getting bent about. If you watched it you'd know that.

I can see how a couple of sentences strung together would be like crafting an essay to you, but while i wait for this beta to download and install I do have some free time.

And come on with that embedded link nonsense. It's a timeline of what people are getting bent about. If you watched it you'd know that.

Respect your elders!

Shy

Welcome back young blood.
Mornin all.
Morning, y'all.
Moening morning.
It's shocking how voice acting for video games hasn't improved. I blame it on the VA mafia, same folks just getting recycled
It's more to do with the executives from Japan telling the actors how to read the lines. While not having an understanding of the language, so then the performance comes out feeling stilted.

It's a real big problem in Anime. (and games)

Slayven

Welcome back young blood.

Moening morning.

It's more to do with the executives from Japan telling the actors how to read the lines. While not having an understanding of the language, so then the performance comes out feeling stilted.

Know a said thing is? I am starting to see books written like dubbed anime. I look at the authors and think "why are you writing like this? You are a white dude from South Dakota"

Merc_

I guess there is a benefit to SE not caring that much about Dragon Quest in the west. The voice work of those games generally turns out pretty good. I also kinda blame it on the fans that insist that everything is as literal a translation as possible from the Japanese version. I feel like that kinda attitude bleeds over into the voice acting as well which leads to everyone sounding so unnatural in english.

Crocodile

How did Sony and HG encourage hype, they have a product to sell god forbid them from advertising it. What is there to blame, where did they explicitly lie? I watched every video relating to this game and they never said the game was more than it was. Folks just want to be mad about something.

Both Jim Sterling and PS I Love You (starting around 1 hour 25 minutes in) talk about this issue at length. Like there are issues with how things were handled. They showed it too often for too long. Expectation management matters.

Shy

I guess there is a benefit to SE not caring that much about Dragon Quest in the west. The voice work of those games generally turns out pretty good. I also kinda blame it on the fans that insist that everything is as literal a translation as possible from the Japanese version. I feel like that kinda attitude bleeds over into the voice acting as well which leads to everyone sounding so unnatural in english.
Yeah. 😞
I feel like the odd person out for not liking The Get Down
You're not the only one. I don't even know what it is.

Both Jim Sterling and PS I Love You (starting around 1 hour 25 minutes in) talk about this issue at length. Like there are issues with how things were handled. They showed it too often for too long. Expectation management matters.

I feel like people did this to themselves. It's like when a person meets someone they're interested in, they get to see and learn a lot about them, but keep this idea that there's this extra layer of potential that's there. Only then they find out that the person was everything they showed off in the first place. Stop blaming them because you wanted the game to be more than what it was. They showed what it was time and time again. I'm saying this as someone that's done this with other games in the past

LionPride

Banned
Yeah. 😞

You're not the only one. I don't even know what it is.
Baz Luhrmann show depicting the fall of disco and the rise of hip-hop. I was interested at first just because of the actors because I don't like Baz's stuff acting or editing wise. But the show is not good

harSon

Banned
So Harson's date with Glen Beck's daughter has netted us another ally. Keep up that life of debauchery Drake Jr

I've been going on some bomb ass Tinder dates lately, purely platonic. It's been dope. The girl I went with to the Pirates/Giants game yesterday was dope as fuck. Was having conversations like we'd been good friends for a minute, despite meeting her for the first time a few hours before. I'm taking another Tinder girl to the Pirates/Giants game tonight.

I'm at a point where I'm struggling to schedule this shit out. I had to tell some people that I was going on a two week road trip cause they kept hitting me up to hangout. This one girl's thirsty as fuck cause two weeks later - down to the damn hour, I get a text:

I don't know why I always avoided Tinder and online dating. Yeah, I've run into some weird shit, but I've been meeting some cool ass people too.

Zekes!

I've been going on some bomb ass Tinder dates lately, purely platonic. It's been dope. The girl I went with to the Pirates/Giants game yesterday was dope as fuck. Was having conversations like we'd been good friends for a minute, despite meeting her for the first time a few hours before. I'm taking another Tinder girl to the Pirates/Giants game tonight.

I'm at a point where I'm struggling to schedule this shit out. I had to tell some people that I was going on a two week road trip cause they kept hitting me up to hangout. This one girl's thirsty as fuck cause two weeks later - down to the damn hour, I get a text:

I don't know why I always avoided Tinder and online dating. Yeah, I've run into some weird shit, but I've been meeting some cool ass people too.

My experience with online dating was pre-Tinder and it was fairly wack (but I live in a small city).

That said, I have always wanted to make a sitcom about online dating, 'cause I found it to be such a unique experience

harSon

Banned
My experience with online dating was pre-Tinder and it was fairly wack (but I live in a small city).

That said, I have always wanted to make a sitcom about online dating, 'cause I found it to be such a unique experience

It definitely depends on the area. San Jose is large and diverse enough to amount to some worthwhile online dating, and there's tons of cities within proximity that only improve that. You're bound to find tons of like minded individuals. I've visited friends in smaller cities and it's definitely a different beast. I was in Ventura county weekend before last before heading up to San Diego, and the Tinder scene there was awful.

LionPride

Banned
Looks like Nate Parker is not a good person:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/nate-parkers-accuser-committed-suicide-in-2012-her-brother-speaks-out-exclusive-1201838508/

Note: I'm not mad at the man because he has (hopefully consensual) sex with a white person. I do the same damn thing myself. I'm just disappointed in his homophobia and rapeyness.

Shit's v disappointing. In the transcript of the call the woman said she didn't even want to have sex with him that night, but she was drunk. They took advantage of her. Shit's just...wrong

Zekes!

It definitely depends on the area. San Jose is large and diverse enough to amount to some worthwhile online dating, and there's tons of cities within proximity that only improve that. You're bound to find tons of like minded individuals. I've visited friends in smaller cities and it's definitely a different beast. I was in Ventura county weekend before last before heading up to San Diego, and the Tinder scene there was awful.

I live near Vancouver so I was hitting it off constantly with girls over there, it was like a goldmine. Over here though, the dating pool is too small. I was flipping through my buddy's Tinder about a year ago and a good number of girls that were coming up had been on other sites back when I was on 3-4 years ago.

Shit, this is kinda making me wish I was single.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Baz Luhrmann show depicting the fall of disco and the rise of hip-hop. I was interested at first just because of the actors because I don't like Baz's stuff acting or editing wise. But the show is not good

Oh thank God someone's answered this because my lame ass had no idea what anyone was talking about. 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom