• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was talking about romance in Episode 8, said she read an article about falling in love with your best friend and how that's the best thing.

*sets sail*

Star Wars continues to a depressing reminder of just how racist shipping can get.

I recently saw an interesting post about how eyebrow raising it is that people are more interested in shipping Rey with her white abuser than her black friend.

*sets sail*

I recently saw an interesting post about how eyebrow raising it is that people are more interested in shipping Rey with her white abuser than her black friend.

It's similar to the Hermione/Malfoy fanfics. Turned on by the broken bad boy and "I can fix/heal him!". With, yeah, a dash of racism.

Al Roker might be the first to totally flip, though I'm willing to put an outside bet on Don Lemon. Selling out is hard on the psyche, and he has made a few overtures away from that, specifically that fight with Sheriff David "Tenpenny from GTA: San Andreas" Clarke.

In no real order:

FMA Brotherhood
Digimon Savers
Naruto

Although that last one could just be the Stockholm Syndrome speaking.

This is the worst list I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLpiHDuLSE

BAM!

----

Top ten:
1. Monogatari
2. Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
3. Dennou Coil
4. Kyousou Giga
5. Heartcatch Precure!
6. Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!
7. Jigoku Shoujo
8. El Cazador de la Bruja
9. Nagi no Asukara
10. Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda

I approve even though I've only seen the bolded.

man i wanna dump my semen in Britney Spears

Hey guys what's eight inches long and hard as a rock?

The sock under BR's bed.

Hey guys what's eight inches long and hard as a rock?

The sock under BR's bed.

tumblr_inline_mr0qrxe65z1qz4rgp.gif

Nudull

Banned
I'm late, but screw it. In no order;

FMA Brotherhood
Wolf's Rain
Aoi Hana
Detective Conan
Kino's Journey
Hajime no Ippo
Rurouni Kenshin
Paranoia Agent
Moribito
Yu Yu Hakusho

anyone feel like anime was more diverse in the 80s and 90s? Different kind of stories and genres

You gotta work harder, but the diverse stuff still exists. The trick is, back in the day, we only got the best. Now, we get everything from every season.

Top 10

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Nichijou
Gurran Lagann
Samurai Champloo
Eureka Seven
Planetes
Gundam Build Fighters
Haikyuu or Hajime no Ippo
Monster
Durarara!!

Slayven

Feels like what isn't moe is just crap on the protag and see if he breaks.

Al thought there is a series that came out recently that was hella cute. A 20 year old office chick wants to get with this 40 year old dude but he is totally unaware of it. And it is not played for fanservice but straight comedy

The 60s and 70s were no slouch either with anime, man.

MHWilliams has a great list, though, if only for including Eureka Seven. Best OST in any anime there. I'll post a full top ten+ anime TV since everyone is making their list longer.

tumblr_nyrn7ci8Uw1re6nxeo1_500.gif

tumblr_lz989eYgPI1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

6NPmJ63.gif

Monster
Fullmetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bebop
Paranoia Agent
Flowers of Evil
Eureka Seven
Samurai Champloo
Dennou Coil
Black Lagoon
Big O
Now and Then, Here and There
Urusei Yatsura

Movies:

The Dagger of Kamui*
Metropolis
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
Angel's Egg
Sword of the Stranger
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
Perfect Blue
Millennium Actress
Paprika

Mizerman

Eureka Seven is the truth.

Just know that you may or may not enjoy the first half of the series depending on the characters you like.

Slayven

Gundam wing Endless Waltz
Perfect Blue
Tenchi movie

are the first DVDs i ever brought with my own money

I am shocked no one has rebooted Tenchi

Young Magus

Is Guren-Lagan funny? I see it recommended a lot but have never watched it.

About to hit the rental store too lol

How much you like throwback shows?
How much you like super robot shows?

Oh yes, the biggest collective of ain't shit niggas this side of the Coli getting together in real life.

No thanks.

If a coli meetup happens:
1.) That shit needs to be livestreamed on worldstar
2.) Someone might die

Eureka Seven is the truth.

Just know that you may or may not enjoy the first half of the series depending on the characters you like.

People shit on Renton when it aired because they were having PTSD NGE Shinji flashbacks, but the real Shinji that I wanted to beat the shit out of was that ain't shit simp bitch Holland. That guy was a child-beating prick cunt fuck. And also I didn't like him.

Oh damn, I was supposed to make a list!?!? OK then

Patlabor (TV/OVA)
Cowboy Bebop
Macross Plus
Outlaw Star
Martain Successor Nadesico
The Twelve Kingdoms
Ghost in the Shell S.A.C
Moribito
Full Metal Panic
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Black Lagoon
Samurai Champloo
G.T.O
Planetes

Movies
Nausicaa
Ghost in the Shell
Millennium Actress
Perfect Blue
Patlabor movies
Princess Mononoke
Cowboy Bebop

I omitted some.....

Nudull

Banned
Wait, we're counting movies now too? If so...

Tokyo Godfathers
Summer Wars
Spirited Away
Metropolis
Perfect Blue
Nausicaa
Madoka Magica Parts 1 & 2 (always liked the series a little better as a film recut, though I saw the films first in an arthouse theater, so I may be biased)
Barefoot Gen
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Grave of the Fireflies

I remember the first anime DVD my brother and I bought well...it was this piece of shit.

CrjG7cd.jpg

Let it be known that Broly is one of the most godawful villains in anime history. Fight scenes were nice, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
since we're talking anime, I've been wanting to get into Full Metal Alchemist. Is it worth watching the old series first or should I just do Brotherhood?

Nudull

Banned
since we're talking anime, I've been wanting to get into Full Metal Alchemist. Is it worth watching the old series first or should I just do Brotherhood?

The original series still has its fans, but many consider Brotherhood to be the superior adaptation.

The original is better directed, has better art and choreography, and is more intelligent and has better character development and explores its themes better, but people despise the ending which admittedly goes right off the rails. Brotherhood is faster-paced, has more popular action sequences and more fan-favorite characters, and is more shouneny, upbeat, and adapts the manga. I'd say do both.

The original kinda enjoys exploring itself and being critical of its own world, themes, and rules even at times to its detriment, whereas Brotherhood is all about doing everything it can to be fun and make fans happy.

anyone feel like anime was more diverse in the 80s and 90s? Different kind of stories and genres

YES. i don't fuck with anime these days, except for some, such as Berserk, Black Butler, Spice and Wolf, some other shit i can't think of. these youngins these days don't know what real anime is.

my own list:

Berserk
Outlaw Star
Nightwarriors Darkstalkers Revenge (based off the game)
Sailor Moon (yeah yeah..)
DBZ (yeah yeah....earlier seasons)
Black Butler
Fruits Baskets
Gundam Wing
Elfen Lied
Those Who Hunt Elves
Chobits
Macross Plus

i'm drunk. that's all i can think about. pfffft.

Nudull

Banned
The original is better directed, has better art and choreography, and is more intelligent and has better character development and explores its themes better, but people despise the ending which admittedly goes right off the rails. Brotherhood is faster-paced, has more popular action sequences and more fan-favorite characters, and is more shouneny, upbeat, and adapts the manga. I'd say do both.

The original kinda enjoys exploring itself and being critical of its own world, themes, and rules even at times to its detriment, whereas Brotherhood is all about doing everything it can to be fun and make fans happy.

The way the original series opens is really damn chilling, much better than Brotherhood.

It's always okay. If I can't do it, I'll let you know. You can always message me too. I'll usually see it. Just know I can't do anything Sunhi level, but I can do scenes and caption them.

Nah lol. Just random things I get shocked aren't gifs..need some Matlock stuff for Slayven. Thanks, brother! 😁

Harry Kim is approaching Geordi LaForge levels of simpmanship. (Voyager rewatch btw)

How y'all letting these hologram characters trap you like this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom