• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

1fc.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Good morning Gordon. I can't take two days of being drunk, back to back. Here in NC, my second air bnb stay. Lady has a pontoon boat. So if course we use it all day. Got a dude at the docks who valets it. Kinda crazy but it works.

Well since we're doing top 10 now:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Eden of the East
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
FLCL
Attack on Titan (fuck you)
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Log Horizon
Gargantia: on the Verdurous Planet

Actually, that's it. Don't have 10

If you want to talk dumb shit in the original, you should be looking at Scar.
Why could he absorb information in a globe of words and light? I dunno alchemy breh. Though I'm sure I could come up with an explanation for that dumb scene if I thought long enough.

Did he ever use his power in that way outside of the one scene at the beginning of the
Laboratory 5 arc? I always figured the globe was just a rather clumsy attempt to make the ability to extract information with his arm look less awkward when performed on a book.

Did he ever use his power in that way outside of the one scene at the beginning of the
Laboratory 5 arc? I always figured the globe was just a rather clumsy attempt to make the ability to extract information with his arm look less awkward when performed on a book.

I don't recall ever seeing it again but I really need to rewatch the later episodes. Upon a rewatch of the first half of the show a few months ago I was shocked at how seemingly bad and out of place that was, and the rest of the show never gets quite that jarring with alchemy. I think mainly it works in context on thinking about it because no one knows how his
brother's arm
works outside of his attacks, and
the Gate is a Kubrick 2001 Star Gate filled with enlightened knowledge that his arm seems to be tapped into. So it creating a construct that absorbs information could be said to make sense as a use of the Gate's power, but it looks jarring and too digital of a power.

Also, I forgot about BECK. I've only seen some of the musical scenes from that but I love them, mainly Full Moon Sway.

Can't stand Attack on Titan, though, sorry AoT GAF. :/ I gave it sixteen episodes and everything.
The swinging scenes are cool, but like Brotherhood I hate how it looks the rest of the time and I've already seen these protagonist wow moments like
Eren surviving being eaten
in One Piece over and over and they don't feel wow in AoT anymore. With a slower pace and stronger direction outside the battles I might have loved it too.

FyreWulff

Once I heard that the Star Wars EU justified someone having Vader's glove by it falling through a portal created by the destruction of the Death Star and ending up on another planet, I was glad Disney flushed it all down the drain and started anew

BigDes

Oh Yeah KoF XIII is genuinely one of the best looking games of all time and XIV is kind of ugly but it still looks to play ok

Malyse

bruh

Toxic era?

I would orally remove roger aile's dingle berries and tongue bathe his unwashed ass just to get a chance to inhale Brittany Spear's second hand crack smoke

You talking to me like I have standards

Nigga i would rub icy hot on my testicles just for a chance to eat a cockroach that crawled behind Constance Wu's toilet.

I'm actually a really virtuous person in real life :D

You say that if I don't have the Lube on deck, also bought some vibrating cock rings.

#WallOfShame

When are we doing the BCT meetup?

Like you'd get an invite.

Meh. Works for Harley and the Joker..can't say that's surprising in the slightest.
the ship is Harley Ivy now
Feels like what isn't moe is just crap on the protag and see if he breaks.

Al thought there is a series that came out recently that was hella cute. A 20 year old office chick wants to get with this 40 year old dude but he is totally unaware of it. And it is not played for fanservice but straight comedy

know how I know you got bad taste in anime?

The anime in question is Ojisan to Marshmallow, btw.

ya'll aint shit frfr
ViewtifulJC
#AugsLivesMatter

Um, what did you do?

Malyse

Yeah I honestly can't take him or anyone defending him or his flock anymore.

I've got quite the folder of that. I'm glad the comics are going all in on it too.

They are way cuter together than I thought possible. It's legit one of my favorite romantic storylines in comics.

----

I think I'm going to make that Gun Violence OT. I've got an idea on how to make it work.

Slayven

Wasn't Harry Kim's body found floating in space and resurrected as a totally different species? Good ol Star Trek EU.

That sounds like how Kirk came back.

William Shatner wrote a series of EU novels that was so bad they spun them off into their own universe.

Nigga had Kirk out fighting Worf and Riker, out teching Laforge and hacking Data, and out debating Picard.

He later fucked Janeway

Oh shit, I didnt even know Colin Kaepernick was a real one like that. Between him & that Jessie Williams cat, lightskins this year been setting a standard.

That sounds like how Kirk came back.

William Shatner wrote a series of EU novels that was so bad they spun them off into their own universe.

Nigga had Kirk out fighting Worf and Riker, out teching Laforge and hacking Data, and out debating Picard.

He later fucked Janeway

How they let him write fanfics?! Smh... But I wouldn't have been any better honesty. I would've had a chapter a price dedicated to Kira, Dax, Torres, Seven etc etc. Because I ain't shit.

shingi70

Banned
Will probably be late for work because he stupid bus took two hours to get to me. I left at 9:45 a bus shouldn't just now be getting to me at 11:30 epically when I'm literally on the first stop for that particular bus.

Good Morning dudes.

Infinite

Didn't know y'all was doing anime top ten. In that case mines are

Eva
Lain
Gurren Lagann
Shin Sekai Yori
Stein's:Gate
The Eccentric Family
Last Exile
Cowboy Bepop
Baccano!
Princess Jellyfish

I guess for animated feature length films I'll do a top 3
Porco Rosso
Paprika
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Slayven

How they let him write fanfics?! Smh... But I wouldn't have been any better honesty. I would've had a chapter a price dedicated to Kira, Dax, Torres, Seven etc etc. Because I ain't shit.

Well his name was on the books, but it was really a husband and wife team that ghost write shit for a living.

Like I thought, the folks who scream the loudest about the "culture of political correctness destroying America" are the ones calling Kaepernick an embarrassment who should leave the country.

Oh shit, I didnt even know Colin Kaepernick was a real one like that. Between him & that Jessie Williams cat, lightskins this year been setting a standard.

3KPdyyy.jpg

credit to the Coli

Colin Kaepernick been a real one especially if you follow his IG. He got white folks mad last year when he posted a picture of the Black Panthers. This dude is mixed, and was adopted and raised by two white parents. But his woke levels are off the charts.

harSon

Banned
Ya'll ever show up to a girl's house tryna smash, and notice some sinister shit is afoot when you walk through the door... like some tonka trucks and legos on the floor? fml. I shoulda hit the 100m out of there the second my peripheral vision caught wind of the situation, but naw - my night went from netflix and chill to board game night with some conniving chick and her snot nosed kid. She eventually was down, but I'm not trying to have sex with some chick somewhere that shares a wall with her sleeping kid's room smh...

Watch folks call him everything upto and including a nigger

Kaepernick ain't shit. I'll finish the hard R for those folks so they don't have to.

harSon

Banned
Jesus H. Christ.

I've come to grips with the fact that this is my life now. I'm driving up to Santa Cruz in a little bit to meet up with a tinder girl at a taco & tequila festival.

Speaking of Santa Cruz, I was there last week - after not having been there a while. And I saw this shit down downtown. Is that not the most genius fucking business to construct in the middle of a college town? Why aren't there more of these? I would have woken up with $300 bills charged to my credit card while in college if this shit had existed.

Slayven

Ya'll ever show up to a girl's house tryna smash, and notice some sinister shit is afoot when you walk through the door... like some tonka trucks and legos on the floor? fml. I shoulda hit the 100m out of there the second my peripheral vision caught wind of the situation, but naw - my night went from netflix and chill to board game night with some conniving chick and her snot nosed kid. She eventually was down, but I'm not trying to have sex with some chick somewhere that shares a wall with her sleeping kid's room smh...

Kaepernick ain't shit. I'll finish the hard R for those folks so they don't have to.

Light skinned on light skinned violence needs to stop. What would Al B Sure say?

Not sure which part to find more offensive..🤔

Later that night, after HarSon departed from a long night of Fox News Monopoly and watching the Blaze as he does with all of his women:

"Mommy, what did that man mean when he said he'd eat Ronald McDonald's greasepaint rags for a sniff of your toe jam?"

"Nothing, honey. He's just what we call ain't shit."

Shocked none of y'all nikkas said Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo for your anime choice

Meet up some people for lunch, then hit up this Janis Joplin play/musical maybe snag a white woman there, see the gram/dad/others, dinner then vodka sake whiskey mix powered bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom