• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Now I was almost upset because dude said that to the young woman who I was on the date with this weekend, but I was not there at the time.

Dudes in Memphis have no chill when it comes to catcalling.

Girl: (Strolling in the park)
Guy: "Oooo girl, you thicker than dawg shit!"

And don't get me started on my friends who were followed by these random niggas while they were at the mall. Fake phone numbers and "I have a boyfriend" be damned! Niggas don't know how to quit

Damerman

Now I was almost upset because dude said that to the young woman who I was on the date with this weekend, but I was not there at the time.

Dudes in Memphis have no chill when it comes to catcalling.

And don't get me started on my friends who were followed by these random niggas while they were at the mall. Fake phone numbers and "I have a boyfriend" be damned! Niggas don't know how to quit

omg "thicker than dog shit" smh.

Zekes!

Maybe you guys can tell me if I was overreacting in this situation but I had an exchange with my girlfriend just now that left a bad taste in my mouth.

She works for a local music production company and they put on a few local music festivals each year. For the biggest festival they create a magazine, and this year a hip-hop group is playing and in the magazine they fucked up and put a picture of a totally unrelated group in it instead.

Anyways, they just found this out, and my girlfriend was saying how she had to go talk to her boss (the head of the company) about it, and he told her that he knew about it already, and then joked, "if anyone makes a fuss about it, just say #blacklivesmatter". She laughed as she told me this and I just stared at her and said, "yeah, that's not really funny". She got offended that I apparently took offense to her boss's joke, trying to spin it as if I had been there I would know it was just him being funny. She idolizes her boss and think's he's the nicest dude in the world, so she wasn't willing to hear that maybe what he said was inappropriate.

I was more upset with her response which was to snidely say, "we get it, you're black", and to bring up that our friend (who's full Kenyan black, versus my half, white looking ass) thought it was funny.

Wasn't expecting to end our night like that, and it's been bugging me since. Is this worth being annoyed about?

Ah not on the first date, plus she's gone through some things in the past so gonna probably wait on that but she's a girl most definitely worth waiting for.

My mom did throw shade tho when I walked in

fiddy.gif

I'm out here thinking about how do I broach this subject

I ain't gonna see her for a few days, but do I really want to get into this over text message?

I definitely feel like I need to say what's up, though.

...just call her, fuck a text. Explain to her calmly why it bugged you.

D i Z

I'm out here thinking about how do I broach this subject

I ain't gonna see her for a few days, but do I really want to get into this over text message?

I definitely feel like I need to say what's up, though.

No text. Phone call, or wait to talk in person if you feel you could use some cooling off before going in.

Zekes!

...just call her, fuck a text. Explain to her calmly why it bugged you.

No text. Phone call, or wait to talk in person if you feel you could use some cooling off before going in.

Yeah I decided on phoning her too. Should've been the second option, I just hate phone conversations, especially when I know it's probably going to go sour regardless of how calmly I try to talk to her.

edit: going to give her a call tomorrow night.

Well funs over in azn thread. Also do I need an ancestry.com link of my heritage to join?

Just answer these

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Just answer these

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Hobbies -
Hold i need to check ancestry for details and its 3 am . Ill be back tomorrow.

Malyse

Just answer these

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Hobbies -
This guy...
Hold i need to check ancestry for details and its 3 am . Ill be back tomorrow.
And
Marvel or DC? -
Favorite superhero? -
Anime or Nah? -
Favorite sport and team? -
What's your favorite Disney movie? -
Have you seen Zootopia yet? -

Numb

Same here. Just been catching up with the thread and can't stop laughing at how sad some of those post are. That one junior who's totally NOT an alt is a TRIP tho.

lol..

Quiet, Muslim! 😏
😁😁
Love you too

I've given up even clicking them anymore. Not worth the disappointment.

---

Morning, guys.
Helps knowing with who to ignore
That Eid one brought even funnier posts like just skipping the thing
Can't believe it
Morning!

The No Man's Sky Steam refund thread has been fuckery on another level, hermanos.

One dude got bullied for wanting a refund and called a thief even by a PR guy on Twitter, one guy lied about another member comparing people asking for a refund to rape apologists, one guy called fans corporate fanboy ballwashers, and the most incredible piece of stupidity was someone telling people to quit complaining because "YOU PAYS YOUR MONEY, YOU TAKES YOUR CHOICE". Just a legendary shit show.

Slayven

The No Man's Sky Steam refund thread has been fuckery on another level, hermanos.

One dude got bullied for wanting a refund and called a thief even by a PR guy on Twitter, one guy lied about another member comparing people asking for a refund to rape apologists, one guy called fans corporate fanboy ballwashers, and the most incredible piece of stupidity was someone telling people to quit complaining because "YOU PAYS YOUR MONEY, YOU TAKES YOUR CHOICE". Just a legendary shit show.

NMS dogpile has taken a life of it's own. Now just serves as a example of whats wrong with internet game culture

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Can anyone explain why the Latino culture thread is in OT, but the Black Culture thread is in Community? I'm just curious.

I don't understand the designation.

Folks arguing with a junior that been on here a year and less then 50 posts before that thread.

That's why I just cracked on him..no point in taking that full sized bait. He's funny as hell when he gets fired up tho lol.

Can anyone explain why the Latino culture thread is in OT, but the Black Culture thread is in Community? I'm just curious.

I'm guessing because this community has been around a while? Aren't they like on their first OT? Perhaps one of our mods can explain it..any takers?

Sch1sm

😁😁
Love you too

Helps knowing with who to ignore
That Eid one brought even funnier posts like just skipping the thing
Can't believe it
Morning!

At that rate, we're ignoring like 95% of the thread.

It'll get moved when they're not so fresh. Always the case.

Young Magus

NMS dogpile has taken a life of it's own. Now just serves as a example of whats wrong with internet game culture

Like real talk,

I can understand being disappointed in a game but Jesus Fucking Christ you think the game was responsible for all that's wrong with the world going off Gaming Side posts.

And they're calling for the dude's head and demanding him to say something about the game. SMH

Also, KOF XIV is fun as fuck, I suck
as I normally do with fighting games
but still enjoying myself.

Night Fam.
I love all ya'll

Kreed

This and/or the community needs more time to gather enough members to "survive the move". However there is one major exception in the OT and that is the Dating Age Community, and just visiting the OT on a regular basis will tell you why that is.

I'm shocked some of those posters have gotten away with some of the shit they have, but it's been entertaining to watch everybody lose their minds.

Also I wish the Latino thread was more fun and more of a community like the BCT. I'd hang out there too if it was but I just don't see the community and there's more members here I recognize and respect, some of whom are Latino.

Slayven

Like real talk,

I can understand being disappointed in a game but Jesus Fucking Christ you think the game was responsible for all that's wrong with the world going off Gaming Side posts.

And they're calling for the dude's head and demanding him to say something about the game. SMH

Night Fam.
I love all ya'll

I'm shocked some of those posters have gotten away with some of the shit they have, but it's been entertaining to watch everybody lose their minds.
Just proves NMS was wrong place at wrong time, it would have been another game. Titanfall 2 will be next, then Horizons. Bet real money

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Just proves NMS was wrong place at wrong time, it would have been another game. Titanfall 2 will be next, then Horizons. Bet real money

To the point where some turned on that former Sony dude, who back in the day they were all praising for...stuff. Life comes at you fast.

Slayven

To the point where some turned on that former Sony dude, who back in the day they were all praising for...stuff. Life comes at you fast.

I clicked and saw that, and just shook my head. Shows they just making noise to make noise at this point. I will pray for them, like I do Gordon's chicken

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nighthawk is done-zo

We all knew that book was too Black to last very long.(Art wasn't particularly good either...)

The art was milestone level. Shit has to be on point if you're trying to get people on board.

Ya know, Kris from MTR said something about this I agree with. People wanna complain about a lack of diversity in comic books, but won't put up money to buy diverse shit with minorities.

Because people are all talk. If panther didn't just have a movie appearance and a movie coming up, he'd be doing man without fear numbers.

Numb

At that rate, we're ignoring like 95% of the thread.

Doesnt hurt trying that lol

Like real talk,

Night Fam.
I love all ya'll
fun but weak online
Expected tbh

Couldnt delay enough to fix it
People were going to throw shade no matter what since it ain't to their imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom